• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Custom User Title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have seen Mods and higher-ups with coloured Custom User Titles. So, I've been thinking, this should be an added perk for 6 Tier Supporters.
    What d'you think?

Years
  • When you donate you donate. Which means you give money and don't expect anything in return. Yeah, I'm no-one to speak, as I'm not a supporter, but seriously. :\ Some people only seem to become 'supporters' to get more and more perks. Anyway, I dun liek that sparkly tang, if that's what you want. =P Anyway, I'm not in any position to talk, but there's mah two cents pennies. =D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Why, it could be set for Tier 6?

Donating is donating, not wanting anything in return. Isn't getting blogs, PM space, VIP access etc. Enough? Seriously, staff get it because we have to be here giving our time to do a good. Plus, only staff get more characters in their user titles. vBulletin has no way of doing otherwise, also I'm pretty sure we're fine how it is. You have a signature to put pretty things, UT's are hardly needed anyway.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • PC is generous enough with supporter perks...we get a lot of practical perks like larger PM box, access to hidden forums, etc., and a couple of perks that are solely designed to help us be noticed by other members like the colored username and the larger avatar.

Getting the colored usertitle is taking the first step into extravagance. I personally hate the way some of them look, but the staff members have earned it for their dedication to the community.

Honestly, I donated not even knowing that there were perks...I just wanted to support the community however I could after I stepped down from the staff. You should just be content that there are perks for supporters to begin with. :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • We already discussed that, and I think the main ideas were: a) The Admins would have more things to do, b) Some people could start asking for crazy codes and c) The staff still wants to keep some exclusive perks >:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Well, It would be awesome if everyone could have fancy usertitles like mods/admins/etc. do (I know I would make mine amazing in my own style),

but, no.
    Mods and Admins do a lot for the community, and donate thier own time to make sure PC is all nice and SPAM-free.

Donation is a nice thing to the community, and the perks are just a little way for the community to say "Thanks!" for your support.

And Mods/Admins/etc. earned thier poisition, rather than just giving money,
    so there should be some special benefit for all the work they do.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    ^ Agreed!

What we got is fine. That is asking too much. Also I am the type of person who changes everything in a timely basis. So if we do get that color custom usertitle thing, they will be in nerves end trying to change my usertitle. I don't want them to deal with that. So nope. What we got it is fine. I donate to help them out, not getting anything else in return. Let the staff have their fun.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    We already discussed that, and I think the main ideas were: a) The Admins would have more things to do, b) Some people could start asking for crazy codes and c) The staff still wants to keep some exclusive perks >:

I can't see it for some reason, Went. I hate this Goomba. (Yeah, I remember you as a Goomba!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back