• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Hey, I asked this earlier but I think the person who answered was a little confused on what I ment.

Im trying to remove the image that covers the entire screen that shows you what the building or forrest would look like from the players point of view. It also displays the name of the building ,forest, or cave you are about to enter.

If anyone knows how to remove these please help.

also merry christmas (eve) to those who celebrate it.

-mike

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    So why is Fire Red more hacked than Leaf Green also Emerald and Ruby is more hacked than sapphire...

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I know this must sound like a noobish question to ask, but how do i enter a script into my hack? As in, how do I put the script I already made on XSE into my game? What button do I press? I know, noobish.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I know this must sound like a noobish question to ask, but how do i enter a script into my hack? As in, how do I put the script I already made on XSE into my game? What button do I press? I know, noobish.

To compile a script into a ROM you just have to follow 3 simple steps.
    1. Make sure the script you want to compile is open in XSE.
    2. Go into the "File" menu and click "Open...", select the ROM you want to compile the script into.
    3. Then click the Compile button
      41551228tr2.png
      , and that's it. Your script is comiled into your ROM.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • So why is Fire Red more hacked than Leaf Green also Emerald and Ruby is more hacked than sapphire...

A matter of opinion I guess, so when it all started, people only made tools for those games, luckily, most tools made today are localized for all of them.
    (But when you get right down to it, it is a matter of people 1: following a crowd, and 2: opinion.
    I personally like to hack Fire Red and Sapphire, but that is cause those were the games I owned, heheh.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Hi, I got a problem.
    I've been looking through the tutos but I didn't get how to do it. :
    I made an event which includes to get a pokemon and then the person steps one step to the right...to let you go through...but If I leave the map.(f.e. leaving throug doors/caves and re-enter it) the man's standing again in the position he had when the event started...what do I have to change?
    thank you

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Hi, I got a problem.
    I've been looking through the tutos but I didn't get how to do it. :
    I made an event which includes to get a pokemon and then the person steps one step to the right...to let you go through...but If I leave the map.(f.e. leaving throug doors/caves and re-enter it) the man's standing again in the position he had when the event started...what do I have to change?
    thank you

Look into level scripts. You will to create a script that moves the man to the right if the other script has been done, this would be done using flags or variables.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • What is offset for the FIreRed (BPRE) Palette? I imported the palette of VBA and tried searching with a hex editor AND APE, and both say it doesn't exist...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • are you serious...
    to make Ips patches use Lips it comes with elite map... But I recommend ups. oh, and next time try looking throw at least 5 pages.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I have a question:

If I were to replace a text string with a longer piece of text, would that overwrite other data in the Rom? Also how do I know how many bytes a text string takes up?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I have a question:

If I were to replace a text string with a longer piece of text, would that overwrite other data in the Rom? Also how do I know how many bytes a text string takes up?

You would need to re-point the text if it has more characters then the original.
    Each character is one byte.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • If I were to replace a text string with a longer piece of text, would that overwrite other data in the Rom? Also how do I know how many bytes a text string takes up?
    NO!
    You must absolutely NOT do that ;)
    If you want to put longer text you must use new offset ;)
    Otherwise it might corrupt other things which are in ROM after text's offset.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Hi, I've a question.
    I made a normal trainerbattlescript in pokescript but when I try to compile it, there is always the same error:

Run-time error '5:

Invalid procedure call or argument

i think it has something to do with the trainer editing but I don't get it....what do I have to change?

thanks

Arcta

Shiny Champion - Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    every time i edit my ruby titlescreen i put a pokemon on then put its pallete in and everything works but the pallate has a redish look like a red has blended and changed all the coulors so my zapdos's yellow wing look kind orangishy because of the red, please someone pm or vm on what to do

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back