• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coincidence? Shiny Topic. [X]

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    I just realized after catching my shiny machoke in a friend safari that last sunday around this time I had caught a shiny clawitzer while shiny hunting via fishing.

After I had caught my first shiny by hunting, I spent more time in the safari as well as about two days trying to hatch a shiny but never got one. Until just now... so anyone else had this happen? Or maybe back to back shiny sighting within the same day? Unless the sighting of a shiny is set by your 3DS time or maybe the game mechanics itself or just a shiny just happened to pop out again.

Any one got thoughts who have actually caught shinies back to back?

1:34 pm eastern just got a shiny noibat in a friend safari!!

lol i was watching the office on netflix, and i didnt hear the stars but good thing i checked this time!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    I only caught one shiny in the safari which was Spearow.
    It was just luck for me, because I was looking for which pokemon the new safari had and that showed up.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • it is 100% luck indeed. It took me more than 4 days of hunting shinies, of which 2 days in friend safari's, before catching my first shiny (which was an epic Lampent :)). This was last night at around 8 PM. My friend wanted to try it too, and at 9:30 he had caught a shiny munna from my safari. Lucky bastard...

Letalis

#151 ♦
    Years
  • I caught my first shiny from safari in a water type safari. it was a shiny poliwhirl, on my first wild pokemon encounter. in saying this, i think it's all a matter of luck, and it's a shame that you can't use a pokeradar in the friend safaris as you'd be able to catch a craptonne of shinies in there. :< now i think it's time to whip out the pokeradar.

Years
  • Well I hadn't seen a shiny for ten years then I saw two shinies in ten minutes followed by a third one two days later.

Personally I think they've just reduced the odds on X/Y in comparison to previous generations really.

Years
  • I think that shiny rates in Gen VI are effectively halved, at least that's what some people who have looked at the pkx files have said.

I fished a shiny goldeen. Happy with first shiny of the game just after clocking 100 hours (even though fishable shinies are super common), but hopefully not the last.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I was replaying SoulSilver and ran into a shiny Bellsprout. After that, I replaced Chikorita with this Bellsprout XD

Back