• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
There is so much here to go through I don't even know where to begin! @_@;;

Let me just start off with some of the things that stand out to me. This is just precious. As I've said a few times around here, I love love love it when artists take their Pokemon / fakemon drawing to the next level and really think about what the character means. A melted Vanilish. That's so, so clever and makes perfect sense at the same time. And this too!

Looking at some of your more "minimalist" art, like that Joltik, Oshawott, and (the slightly more detailed) Dragonair, I'd say you'd be pretty great at making wallpapers and backgrounds! The kind of shading-less, no outlined style is perfectly suited for that sort of thing. It's clear your have training in the field.

As for your more detailed work, I can definitely say I'm a fan! I mean, just the length of this gallery alone shows you're committed to the practice. Needless to say that your line work and eye for color (and texture-- which is really, really difficult) is near flawless. I haz carrot just cracks me up. Moreover, I love how you've spread out into three-dimensional art too. The Snow Lapras and (if I remember correctly) a Dunspace figure? Such a creative usage of your talent! I can't say I've ever done anything like that, so it's a real treat to see someone do it well!

Your graphic art, well, that would take someone x3 as talented as I to comment on. The Pokeball is just stunning. Those colors and that pattern.. compliment each other a lot. The effects you used around the rim of it make me believe it's in the midst of opening, you know? It really keeps my interest and makes me (as the viewer) imagine what Pokemon would come out of it! I definitely give you credit for giving still images life.

I really, really hope you continue to post more and keep this gallery on the up-and-up! There's already so much to look at, but I guarantee we'll want to see even more from you! <33;

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Let me just start off with some of the things that stand out to me. This is just precious. As I've said a few times around here, I love love love it when artists take their Pokemon / fakemon drawing to the next level and really think about what the character means. A melted Vanilish. That's so, so clever and makes perfect sense at the same time. And this too!

That idea actually wasn't one of my original ones. There was a Japanese comic strip that showed what happens when a Vanillite gets too warm.

I'm glad you like the Odd Keystone, though!

Looking at some of your more "minimalist" art, like that Joltik, Oshawott, and (the slightly more detailed) Dragonair, I'd say you'd be pretty great at making wallpapers and backgrounds! The kind of shading-less, no outlined style is perfectly suited for that sort of thing. It's clear your have training in the field.

I can make vector-style backgrounds, but I prefer not to. I've seen plenty similar to this style, but I don't like bright or vivid backgrounds or backgrounds with lots of area covered by a solid color (except black, which you could argue isn't a color). I've never been big on making wallpapers, though. In the past, I've only made about 2 or 3. I may try to edit some of my works to work as backgrounds, though.

As for your more detailed work, I can definitely say I'm a fan! I mean, just the length of this gallery alone shows you're committed to the practice. Needless to say that your line work and eye for color (and texture-- which is really, really difficult) is near flawless. I haz carrot just cracks me up. Moreover, I love how you've spread out into three-dimensional art too. The Snow Lapras and (if I remember correctly) a Dunspace figure? Such a creative usage of your talent! I can't say I've ever done anything like that, so it's a real treat to see someone do it well!

I really like dabbling around in different techniques (though I tend to experiment on my own, rather than look up tutorials), which is probably why I don't really have a solid style yet. However, the sad thing is, I try so many that none of them really stick. I'll make one picture in a style that I really like, but by the time I'm wanting to make another picture in the same style, I can't remember how I did it. I need to start making step-by-step tutorials as I go! I'm really happy that you like the works I've put out so far, though! :D

Your graphic art, well, that would take someone x3 as talented as I to comment on. The Pokeball is just stunning. Those colors and that pattern.. compliment each other a lot. The effects you used around the rim of it make me believe it's in the midst of opening, you know? It really keeps my interest and makes me (as the viewer) imagine what Pokemon would come out of it! I definitely give you credit for giving still images life.

Thanks! I was really happy with how this one turned out. It was mostly made from practicing with filters and blending modes. At the time, I had only recently discovered blending modes and really liked some of the effects I could pull off with them. I had made a fire effect on something before this, using a technique I came up with on my own, but this one turned out far better.

I really, really hope you continue to post more and keep this gallery on the up-and-up! There's already so much to look at, but I guarantee we'll want to see even more from you! <33;

As soon as I make some new art, I'll be sure to post it. I'm not sure when I'll get around to making anything else, though. I haven't been feeling very artistic since... well, since I made that snow Lapras. There is a picture I have in mind to work on, but I just don't feel up to it yet.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Not much going on lately. I haven't really felt like drawing anything recently. However, one of my fellow card fakers recently made an Ancient Mew-style fake, which inspired me to make one. I had made one in the past (Ancient Celebi) but it wasn't really great quality. Anyway, here's Ancient Azelf!

Spoiler:

If you're interested in seeing what the card turned out like, head over to the Fake Cards sub-forum.

Also, here's some minor stuff...

A soft coaster heat-dyed with my own artwork. I actually printed this a while back (like a year ago), but I recently dug it up while I was reorganizing my room and decided to upload it. I'm actually thinking about selling it, so PM me if you're interested.

Spoiler:

And a goofy and somewhat-disturbing comic based on a dream I had a couple nights ago (spoiler'd for blood/violence).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I've been lazing around and playing games more than making art, but here are a few new additions...

Spoiler:

This is a chibi drawing of my Ice-type Gym Leader OC, Alex (known as Ace in my fan game, for the sake of having a name relating to the type used). I recently changed his attire to look more... icy. Also, this is the first time I've drawn him with two different-colored eyes, though I had said before that his eyes change between green and blue (a characteristic shared with myself).

Spoiler:

A quick doodle of my PokéSona, a fluffy Slowpoke with whiskers. He is underweight, which allows him to stand on his hind legs.

I'm pretty laid back and I like taking my time, though I often put things off too long. I do not enjoy physical activity, but I like to stay occupied to some degree. I tend to live life at my own lazy pace, waiting for an opportunity to grab me by the tail.

Spoiler:

I finally got around to designing an emblem for the bad guys in my fan game (which I'll be surprised if ever gets completed). The Fallen Angels are a group of power-hungry adults who once belonged to part of Kentea's government, but were kicked out because they wanted to use Pokémon for war and global control. Their goal is to create a one-world order, governed by their leader.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: With the new server that doesn't make pages load stupidly slow, let's see if I can get this thread going again. Let's see... I haven't updated since March; HOLEY CHEESE! I've made far too many things since then, so I'll just add some of my favorites (from oldest to newest).

WARNING: Some of these are pretty big!

Blissey's Attract (Digital, Vector)

Mewthree - Mega Mewtwo Y (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

Vileplume's Rainy Day (Digital, Vector)

Land Snake (Traditional, Sculpture)

Procrastination - Human-faced Slowpoke!? (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

Glassy Kanto Badges (Digital)

Kentea Region Badges (Digital)
Spoiler:

The Caper of Knaio, Custom TCG Symbols (Digital)
Spoiler:

Custom Digimon Crest, Determination (Digital, 3D, Animation)

Updated PokéSona, Snowpoke? (Digital, Vector, Animation)

Custom In-Training Digimon, ChibiHyomon (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

New Graphic Design Logo (Digital, Vector)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay, just one small thing, I'm seriously going to need to contact you about using your Blissey's Attract piece in my profile. :O It's so clean --as is always with your work-- and just absolutely impossible not to adore. Same with Vileplume's Rainy Day. Your vector work always stands out to me, and this update is no exception. Those Kanto badges are really something special though.

I'm happy to see you redefining your brand a little bit. :) I think it's important for an artist to have an identity, be it over the internet or just a pen name. I hope your new logo brings you lots of attention because, judging by your latest work, you deserve every bit of it!

and omg dat slowpoke is just darling

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Feel free to use it. I don't require permission or credit for my fan art, but I like being told/shown what it's used for. :)

I'm glad you like my vector work. It's been a little while since I've used the style, but I hope that I'll be able to put together something else soon. I actually meant to make a Shedinja a while back but forgot about it. If I can remember, that may be what I make next. I'm glad you like my Kanto badges as well (though I have no idea if I'll be able to reproduce the style again, as I didn't really make notes while I did it)!

I hope my new logo will make me seem like more of a serious designer and help me land a job. It's almost been a year since I graduated college and I still haven't found a job. Well, I know at least one place that would probably hire me (I did my internship there and they liked my work), but I don't drive (I have a fear of it, actually) or know anyone nearby who goes that direction, so it's out of the question. I've been hoping to find something online, but I can't find any steady jobs.

Which Slowpoke; the human-faced one or Snowpoke? :P

- - -

EDIT: Also, could I get this thread's title changed to KKN's Art & Design?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
I believe if you edit the first post, it should give you the option to change the title, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, you're work is astounding, and much like Strawberry, I keep finding myself looking at the Blissy piece. The vectors are very clean and crisp, and the coloration really pops! I really dig the Slowpoke one too *Snowpoke*, it's a very unique piece.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I believe if you edit the first post, it should give you the option to change the title, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, you're work is astounding, and much like Strawberry, I keep finding myself looking at the Blissy piece. The vectors are very clean and crisp, and the coloration really pops! I really dig the Slowpoke one too *Snowpoke*, it's a very unique piece.

It does give you the option, but it doesn't actually change it. Looks like a mod changed it for me, though.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Speaking of vectors, here's a new one, my first drawing of the new year:

eevee_vector_by_karite_kita_neko-d70coat.png

Sorry that the background isn't very interesting. I wasn't sure what to put in it. I'm just happy that I was finally able to make some Eevee artwork that actually looks like Eevee. I did add a more detailed background to the card I made with it, but because the design was based on an existing one (specifically the Radiant Collection Eevee foil cutout), I didn't want to put it in my main gallery.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Oh snap, I totally forgot this thread! Guess it's time for another art dump.

Updated "The Caper of Knaio" Symbols (3/24/14)
Spoiler:

Shiny Mothim (4/2/14)
Spoiler:

OC Kj'kun Sketch (4/18/14)
Spoiler:

"The Caper of Knaio" Logo 2.0 (6/8/14)
Spoiler:

Meowth (6/17/14)
Spoiler:

Shiny Persian (6/29/14)
Spoiler:

Magic Ice Circle (7/3/14)
Spoiler:

OC Net Chibi (7/26/14)
Spoiler:

"The Caper of Knaio" Logo 3.0 (8/2/14)
Spoiler:

Lapras (8/17/14)
Spoiler:

Some TCG GB-style sprites of some of my fake card illustrations
Spoiler:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
such a wide variety of art work! i love it!
i must say, that blissy is quite adorable. i love how the background is like the outline of the lines in blissy and the hearts just suite it nicely.
the eevee set is probably my favorite. i just love how the shadows make it look 3D. almost makes it look like it's paper.
nicely done!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I've neglected this thread again. T_T

I've not made very many new artworks. I decided toward the end of last year that I would take a break from Pokémon fan art to focus more on my original characters and Fakemon, but I didn't really work on many of those either. Here are a few things I've made since my last post:

My Neighbor Snorlax

My Custom Digimon Line

Fairicity (Fakemon) in Pokémon Red/Blue
fairicity_in_pokemon_red_blue_by_karite_kita_neko-d89jao2.gif

Free-to-Use Custom Badges

And finally, my first drawing this year... My OC, Kj'kun:
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if I'll color it as-is or try to make it a full-body pic. I've been wanting to redesign his clothing for a while, but I'm not very good at clothes or full-body pics...

such a wide variety of art work! i love it!
i must say, that blissy is quite adorable. i love how the background is like the outline of the lines in blissy and the hearts just suite it nicely.
the eevee set is probably my favorite. i just love how the shadows make it look 3D. almost makes it look like it's paper.
nicely done!

Sorry for the extremely late reply! I haven't updated this thread in forever. ><

Thanks a bunch!

Back