• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Capturing the Legendaries

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Did you attempt to capture ALL the legendaries in Sinnoh? Did you go climb up Mt. Coronet to capture Dialga and/or Palkia?
Did you travel the elusive labyrinth known as the Distortion World?

Perhaps you tried your hand at capturing the Lake Trio, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit?

Or maybe you got Platinum and discovered the 3 legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres?

Maybe you found out about the event for the Pitch Black Pokemon, Darkrai, and tried to pursue it's counterpart, the Lunar Pokemon Cresselia?

You could have tried to capture the Colossal Pokemon, Regigigas with the help of the 3 golems.

Discuss below. I myself tried to capture every single legendary possible without the help of events in both Diamond and Platinum. My friend was nice enough to trade over the 3 Regis so I could get Regigigas, in return of me trading back the Regis.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I used to be madly addicted to capturing all of the legendaries, especially on my first run of Diamond. Now when I play the games, I'm not really fussed, because I've already seen and have utilised what they've got to offer.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always try to capture every single legendary in all of my games. I got all the legendaries available in my HeartGold & Black. I still have a bit to catch in Diamond tho.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I try my best to catch all the legends in all my pokemon games. I have most of the legends caught in pokemon Pearl only Regigias to catch in it.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
After completing the game I always try my best to catch all of the legendary at every pokemon games and yes I completed my legendadex on my pokemon platinum

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I try my best to capture all legendaries its my goal when i finish the game! Its fun.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I spent a majority of my time capturing legendaries in Diamond since there wasn't much to do in the aftergame. There was no battle frontier or gym/rival rematches, so I spent the spare time either rematching the Elite 4 to train my Empoleon to insane levels, or I was out and about catching dem legends (75% of time spent chasing Mesprit/Cresselia)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I have Diamond and Platinum.
I still couldn't believe I went through all that trouble just to catch those damn legendaries.
I caught all of them in Platinum.
Giratina had a higher level than any of my pokemon, which took me a while to capture.
It was a bit easy to catch both Dialga and Palkia.
Heatran and Regigigas wasted my ultra and timer balls.
As for the roaming legendaries, I even had to migrate a lv 70 Wobbuffet from my Emerald.
Darkrai wasn't really hard to capture, and Arceus was the worst of them all but I was prepared enough.
And as for Uxie and Azelf, they were the easiest to capture that time.
I still can't believe it was so easy to catch both of them despite having a capture rate of 3.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I attempted to at first. I managed to get my hands on most of them although after a while I realised my money was rolling down the drain after buying 100 Pokeballs (since I liked having a challenge when attemtping to catch legendaries). Some legendaries also looked amazingly powerful and others who would fit well on my team. Eventually I realised that they were a pain to train and sighed in disappointment but still attempted to catch them, I mean back then I had the energy to try and complete the Pokedex so I ended up catching almost every legendary in Platinum except event ones such as Shaymin and Darkrai.

Nowadays when I'm replaying I might catch the odd legendary or two but I never bother to chase after the roaming legendaries like Zapdos and Mespirit, since it takes quite a bit of effort and time. >_>

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
I usually try to capture all of them yes, although I rarely actually use them in battle.

Also, I only allow myself to catch legendaries with a desired nature, in a Premier Ball, so... I really should stop tormenting myself like that. *u*

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Oh, and speaking of capturing them in a certain ball. I have a petty need to catch any legendary (any Pokemon for that matter too) in only a Pokeball. I hate the look of Great + Balls.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
Oh, and speaking of capturing them in a certain ball. I have a petty need to catch any legendary (any Pokemon for that matter too) in only a Pokeball. I hate the look of Great + Balls.

They look kind of cheap don't they, and I wouldn't want my Pokémon to have anything other than the very best.
The regular Pokéball is real classy, but the Premier Balls are just too clean and elegant for me to resist...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Never really tried, since I have no access to special events and the sort. But I think I've tried to catch all the in-game catchable legys with not succeeding because of the dreaded Mesprit.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't have 500 hours and a complete PokeDex on my Pearl Version for nothing lol :p I actually hunted down every legendary in that game - I even got Shaymin and Arceus though I think those were by means of Action Replay.

Years
I gave a half-hearted effort at trying to capture all of the legendaries that I could in Platinum. I know I caught all 3 of the lake trio, the three legendary birds, Giratina, and Cresselia. I know that I've caught Heatran, too, but right now I can't remember if that was in Platinum or White 2.

I didn't manage to get any of the event Pokemon, though, since I got the game long after they were over. I didn't bother with the Regis since I had them on Sapphire, and I actually forgot to go back and get Dialga and Palkia. I was never big on getting all of the legendaries in the first place, but I'm surprised I forgot aboiut two of the more important ones in the game.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Capturing all of the Legendaries I can is part of my "Game Completion" list. I don't consider the game over with until I have all of them captured and I just like having them. I don't try too hard to get them all, but I consider it a nice bonus.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I didn't catch all of the Lake Trio. Too difficult to capture, back when I was playing through Diamond version, and I don't like them now, anyway.

Giratina was pretty cool. I missed the event for Darkrai, though, so mine is hacked. x;

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I put off capturing legendary Pokemon. XD; They're the only ones of their kind in the game, and since the trade market AND the metagame were always changing, I never knew if I would get the right one with the best nature/spread!

I did eventually capture my Mesprit/Cresselia in Pearl, Heatran in Diamond and Uxie/Azelf/Darkrai/Shaymin in Platinum. I have never attempted catching the Kanto birds nor the Regi family. I picked up the plot-related mascots.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
The only legendaries I attempted to catch in Platinum were the ones found in the game. Lake Trio and Giratina were the first I caught, and after I caught the ones that were remaining.

TreeTerraGames

Youtuber - Pokemon
Years
As far as I know from research I've done I have actually captured all pokemon in gen 4 SS / HG D / P / Pt including Arceus (event though)

Back