• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Qicuk Qesuiton lol

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
  • So, two of my characters are both named Amber, right? Right.
    So I differentiate them as
    Blonde Amber
    And Brunette Amber

So I'm wondering if when I'm using them in like, speaker tags and when people refer to them as such, should I write it as

"Brunette Amber"
    or
    "brunette Amber"

I was thinking I should capitalize both seeing as it's a proper noun being as it's a person, but I'm not sure lol.

I've never been so conflicted lol.
    Hallllp

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • I think a better way to differentiate the two Ambers is for one to have a nickname. It will lose the confusion factor. Like the blond would could be called Ambie while the other is called Amber. The whole hair color fiasco could still confuse the reader even after the hair color.

But if you still want to use the idea of the difference in hair color--lowercase is what I would suggest. It is still a common noun.

Hope this helps. :D Good luck.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Yes, I agree with Shock. Give one of the Ambers a different name, like Ammy or Amber X. (X being the initial of her last name) or something. You don't see teachers in real life who refer to the three Adams in their class as Brawny Adam, Smart Adam, and Long-haired Adam, do you?

Although, I have to wonder why you named two charries Amber in the first place...

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • We had two Annas in my school and they quickly became known as AK and AM (their initials). Maybe using their last names that way would work?

Years
  • I'm going to have to go with everyone else here. Give them different names, or at least different nicknames to use. However if the two characters being called character is an important part of your story or you'd just prefer not to change it and want to distinguish them by their hair colour, I'd capitalise both the hair colour and the name (ie. Blonde Amber, not blonde Amber).

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Well, I know a few tylers, and we just call by his last name. Try doing that, or intitals or something. But if you are doing blond/brunette amber for a reason, I'd capitalize it. the blond and brunette and like the word aunt if you use it like that; it is their title. You would need to capitalize it.

ex:
    Aunt Sherry
    "Aunt" is the title.
    Blond Amber.
    "Blond" is the title.

Back