• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's your story

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2006
i know i've already wrote this, but i think i should start a topic specifically about it

whats everyone's story with pokemon?
this is mine

i became a fan back when it was popular around 1999
i used to watch the old episodes on tv, including the orange league ones

i also had a gameboy and pokemon yellow, but hardly bought any other toys or merchandise

but then it stopped airing on standard tv and from then on i completely lost touch of it

then the new episodes and new pokemon came about but i didn't get to watch it, but wasn't too excited about it since pokemon's popularity dropped so much and it stopped airing

i did get to watch some of the new episodes but i just didn't feel the same excitement as before, and then recently i had access to Sky One (a sattelite channel) where they show lots of episoded of pokemon everyday, both old and new and i suddenly felt my memories surging back. It's been so long

i remembered the good old days when i used to watch it, so now i'm back on it, and just love it

i'm trying to collect as many episodes as i can, which is quite a problem since i'd have to buy a lot of them

so, how did everyone else come about?

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
Years
well, I became a fan back in 99, I just joined the craze like everyone else, I really liked it, but then it started to fade, I didn't know why, and after seeing all those anti pokmeon things I decided to keep on it, I really liked the anime, I started liking the games when I got crystal, I got of course teased, but I was a fan of it,then I found PC and other forums, then I took particular interest in pokemon themselves, that led me to be obsessed with linoone, and recently in love with him *faints*

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Like i said somewhere else, when I moved in '99 I got into it at school just so I could fit in then when all the "cool" and "popular" people stopped liking it i still did, and still do to this very day, even in my new school where I'm not so senseless

Years
I was hospitalized for a total of 9 weeks at various time in 2002. They didn't have cable then and I started watching out of sheer boredom. I stopped for a while when I returned home but found myself unable to stay away and have been hooked ever since. I've seen most of them, the only full season I've seen is Advanced Challenge. I'm holding out hope that they will be released uncut on DVD before buying but have my doubts.:\

Years
  • MD
  • Seen Mar 17, 2007
Well, when I got into Pok?mon was a while ago so my memory is fuzzy.

I began with Pok?mon by watching the Anime when it first came to the US so whenever that was that's when I go into it. A bit after that I got Pok?mon Yellow and loved it so I go Pok?mon Silver and every other game since.

As for the Anime, when it was on everyday in the afternoon I watched every episode I could but once the series moved to Saturday morning's right after the Orange League I believe I stopped watching it really so the whole Pok?mon Advance thing passed me by to some degree though the episodes started to air late night on CN and I believe on the day again at some point which is when I watched them. Beyond that due to new Pok?mon episodes being on Saturday mornings I really don't watch it anymore due to the fact I am sleeping lol.

If Pok?mon were to get back to being on the times it used to be like from 3PM-5PM or if on later at night I be watching it a ton but as its not I don't.

Years
Well if we are sticking just to the anime. I fell in love with pokemon when the first movie came out orginally I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. But out of curiosity I went to watch it at teh theaters with my little brothers (who thought it was cool) I cried at the end when ash gets between mew and mewtwo (ahh still brings tears) and I liked it ever since then. Then I bought it on video and it came with a card, I didn't think much of the card game until the expedition set came out.
I wanted to see Aerosmith in concert and saved 200 dollars to go to the concert but when tickets came up there was only lawn and my mother wouldn't take me 5o miles to set on the lawn and see them. So I got depressed and spent 100 dollars of it on pokemon cards. now I'am a charizard freak I have quite a few charizard cards and am known as "Charizard Girl" at the local card shop I go to. I recently got upgraded to "Charizard Queen" when I hit the seventy mark and still going strong some day (not now becasue work stinks) I will hit the 100 mark but for now I have the most charizards within the limited group of people I know. I hoard them!:D

Years
I got into Pokemon when some of my friends got some, and i was like Hmmm cards....so i bought some, at first i thought that's a lot to spend on a pack to just get 11 cards, and then i would buy a few packs at a time and not think twice, now i have a monstrous collection, and still going strong, i plan to go to Japan eventually, and if i'm still into Pokemon when i go, i'm sure to pick up a lot of "souvenirs". ;)

now I'am a charizard freak I have quite a few charizard cards and am known as "Charizard Girl" at the local card shop I go to. I recently got upgraded to "Charizard Queen" when I hit the seventy mark and still going strong some day (not now becasue work stinks) I will hit the 100 mark but for now I have the most charizards within the limited group of people I know. I hoard them!

I did that with Holo cards, i think it was because this dude who owned the biggest shop in the town that sold cards, wanted to buy my holo collection off me for ?500 once i'd hit 100, and i thought that was amazing, so i kpt gettin' 'em, and i surpassed 100, and the shop closed because the craze ended, and i still continue to collect, i'm not far off 500 holos now. :D

Liam

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Wow thats cool. I have at least onecopy of every single card (except my Articuno is in Italian, does that still count ?) and my dad thinks I should sell them but I refuse to!

Back