• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do I copy my Charizard Avatar over from Pokebeach?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
  • Yesterday somehow my avatar was in my signature and in my posts and I am trying to copy it over again. It is within the limits on size and everything but when I click save changes it says invalid file when it is the correct file for the image. What in the world do I need to do to copy it over again? Also it has this website as the main link but I copied it over from Pokebeach a long time ago so I don't know why it is not uploading. Thanks XD. Not sure if this is the right place XD.:)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • On vB forums (which I assume PokeBeach is operated on) avatars are linked internally through the forum, so you have to right click the image and hit Save Image As... and save it to your computer, and then reupload it on the forum!

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Ah ok. Before I just copied and pasted the image. That was before they changed the format for the new forums. They run on php I think though XD. Anyway. Will do. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: I just saved it and tried to upload it again and now I get an error that says the PNG is incorrect. I can supply the location if needed so you can try to do it on your avatar to see what I am trying to do XD.:)

EDIT: 2 I just tried to do the same thing over on Bulbagarden and it says the same thing. The PNG is the wrong file extension. I saved it to downloads and my pictures and it still does not work and it is less than the maxiumum size XD.:)

Last edited:

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Uh what? I am confused now XD. What hoster? I don't use any hosters XD.:)

EDIT: Is there another way I can add my avatar back into the forums? Before I just copied and pasted the URL and that worked just fine. Why not now XD?:)

Last edited:

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Thank you so much XD. I don't know what you did but it worked on Bulbagarden too. I would like to know what to do in case that happens again though. Thanks XD.:)

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • He just hosted it for you. :D

I dunno if this will make sense, but I'm gonna try to explain.. xD;

Basically, right-click on any image, then choose "Save Image As..", save it to your computer.

After that, go to imgur's hosting website, which is imgur.com.

On the main page, it should say "Upload Image", then it gives you two choices ("Computer" or "Web").

If you saved the image you want to use on your computer before that, then choose "Computer".
    j8yYS.png

After that, find the picture you want it to host in your files, and click "Start Upload".

Finally, it takes you to the uploaded image page, and what Zet did was copied the Direct URL that it gave him. That'll lead to whatever image you just hosted.
    IOJCb.png

It literally takes about a minute or less to host the image, and after that you can use it on whatever website you want to.

Back