• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your 'Online' Personality different to IRL?

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
Years
  • I guess I am. I was having a voice chat through D/P with my friend, and he said that I acted differently from online. I'm probably more shy and anti-social in real life than on the computer. Though, I already do act pretty shy around here. XP

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • the only real difference between internet and my real life is that I'm less worried about embarassing myself online, although I still try not to.

I really tried being a different person online, but then I said, "Bah screw it, it's way easier to just be me"

I know, it's a corny line you'd see on some teen drama show but I don't care, It's true, I'm too lazy to make a new personality XD

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I feel much more....free...online I think. Not in the obvious sense but in that my real life is dictated so much by obligations and oppressive people and online I choose who I want to be with and that's the final decision. Online what I say, in my online life, is what goes.

I really appreciate it.

Levant

Disaster is Here
    Years
  • my personality is very different IRL than online

IRL i'm usually afraid to express opinions which means i'm timid...so i stutter alot

online i can say w/e i want and not be afraid

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yes, I am lot more myself, because I honestly will never meet any of you in real life so, yeah.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • More, per say, intelligent. Sometimes intolerant and rude irl, but on the internet I'm always ready to snap at stupidity.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I'm not much different to be honest, I just feel more inclined to speak my mind online ;D so I might say things here that I wouldn't say to people in person, but I am glad that I can say what I think.

I'm getting better at it in real life particularly after working on our IT Service Desk =<

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Heh. Maybe.
    I've decided, since I can change my personality if I want, and none of you know me in real life, I may as well make myself seem nicer. Or not as nice.
    I guess you wont know.
    Life is so much better when you can make people wonder.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I think of comebacks so much faster online than I do IRL. I mean, these kids were trying to bag me over Facebook. They usually do that at school and I'm lost for words. That time though, I owned them :D

I'm also more of a jerk online and act a bit older than my age.

Years
  • You could say, I'm nicer online. Yes, it's true.
    And online, I'm probably a little bit more...loopy in the head. xD
    I think I'm calmer IRL...
    But other than those, I'm pretty much the same.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
  • I believe that i'm less quirky on the internet, but that's only because I have a harder time showing my quirks on the web :3.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm more of a talker offline then I am online. I'm also more of a jerk offline as well, if we were able to cuss on this forum then trust me for most of my post/threads would have cuss words in it

:t354:TG

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Nope. I'm not really that different... like the above poster, I am more of a jerk though...

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • When it comes to general personality, my online and offline are almost exactly the same. I speak almost exactly how I type, though I have a more extensive vocabulary offline. I have the same hyper personality online and off, and the same views. Differences are in maturity though. Online, I make much more mature decisions than offline. I'd say it's because my time to react to people's actions and ability to not act on impulse.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Oh yes, very different. Offline I act like a child more than the typical adult. I cry alot too and mostly at the littlest things that set me off. Like, I have this hyperness about me that isn't normally seen online. To be honest, I act the OPPOSITE of what I act like online. D:

I'm actually very emotional, like so emotional that it gets in the way of everything mostly. I'm also extremely shy to the point where I am always Mute in public too. It's really bad. D:

Like, I'm not emo I just have problems with controlling my emotions. x_x

Back