• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! week 31

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome back! Or if this is your first time in the caption contest, a huge warm welcome to you~
    In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! Now, isn't that glamorous?

Judges, week 31: [supporter]Scarf[/supporter] & Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
    • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
    • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
    • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
    • Post your entry in this thread. VM/PM any questions to me. If you want to just talk about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #3

bw2_zps3ade93d4.png

Just like last week, this week's panel is from the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga, which is probably the manga many think of when they talk pokémon. This one is from the very latest chapters though: the prologue to the Black/White 2 arc...!

(there are several actual panels this time. either fill in the speech bubbles or make a caption for only one of the panels or maybe just a line of text that fits with them all? it's all up to you.)

Good luck!​

Years
  • Hugh: Oh man Oh man here she comes !!!! How could I say that....
    Girl : Oh !! Hye Hugh...
    Hugh : Girl !!! Waaah You came so suddenly...
    Hugh : Oh Girl ! blush !Please accept this cute Purrloin I bought for your birthday...

(The reason I used the girl because I don't know her name. If anyone knows tell me so that I could edit that)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Panel 1:
    Girl: Hugh, let's dress up and have a tea party!
    Hugh: WHAT?!

Panel 2:

Hugh: NO. JUST NO.
    I will not let you put make-up on me and make me wear a dress again!

Panel 3:

Hugh: Here! Take it!
    I caught this wild, rabid Purrloin today. You can play dress up with it instead! Just make sure that you have a rabies and tetanus shot nearby.

Last edited:

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
    Years
  • Hugh: yeah purlion that girl is really cute i think i really like her..

girl:'comes through door' hi Hugh!

Hugh: uh uh how long were you standing there um um this isn't what it looks like i just... just take it already i got it for you see ya!

girl: blushes i think he likes me... oh well how cute!

Infinite Latios

Champion
    Years
  • Girl: Hugh! What are you doing with my Purrloin?!
    Hugh: I... Um... I was going to enter it in the Pokemon Musical!!
    Girl: OK... That makes sense...
    Hugh: Here! Just take it! I'm sorry!!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Read from right to left, like a normal Manga. :3
    Also, I don't know how to write funny, so here's a cute one instead. :3

Spoiler:

I don't follow the manga, btw~ :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    eyebum_zpsb817d972.png

I totally went all out with this marvel of a creation.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Week 31 winner...

440ab0152fa58e6f3b0e294d84c3ff02.png

[supporter]Scyke[/supporter] ! Seriously, that is simultaneously cute, weird and so funny. Which is awesome.

Congratulations, you will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner! I will contact you through PM.

Special mention of honor for [supporter]destinedjagold[/supporter] though! Your caption was really sweet and made us go d'awww. And also an extra thanks to [supporter]Scarf[/supporter], this week's extra judge. Whoa, lots of supporters here, aren't there?

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun and if you don't win one week, you might win the next. The panels as well as the judges will always vary, after all ;) And you definitely don't have to photoshop the panel just because some do that - you may just as well just type the text and I'll fix the panel if you win. See you soon again!

Back