• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Holy ****.... its been so long since i've stopped by the rp corner and it seems to be thriving as good as ever. So many new faces and a nice collection of new rps. Haha I really miss doing this with yall... But i think that the long hiatus is over and that I might have enough free time now that xc season is over. Hopefully I'll be rejoining in the rping with yall in a couple days.

Btw any ever think of a breaking bad rp? I think it might be pretty fun XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
You mean like an RP where people the characters are a bunch of of drug dealers? That could be interesting, although incredibly hard to pull off.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@Grif of Hearts: You've got my support. I love the idea and, with the tragic death of Avatar: New Legends, I believe I have room to join it once it comes out!

@ChiliDawgs: Welcome back! A breaking bad RP sounds like it would be tough to get past the mods and hard to implement (you could make a competing factions sort of system if you get enough people) but exciting and incredibly fun if you can pull it off!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Just gonna let everyone know, I'm starting training for my job tomorrow, and I have a couple essays I need to write in order to study abroad (Turkey if all goes well) and I will be working. So my posting will be sporadic.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
@Grif of Hearts: Count me in, that looks great!

@Grif of Hearts: You've got my support. I love the idea and, with the tragic death of Avatar: New Legends, I believe I have room to join it once it comes out!

I'm glad you two like the look of it! I'm still working out the kinks as you might expect but I'll try and get it finished and out on the conveyor belt that is the roleplay approval system soon enough.

Years
@Grif - I have to agree with Jegretis and Geras. That sounds like an amazing idea for an RP.

Also, in the spoiler below is an idea for an RP of my own. It is the slightly more written out version of the vampire RP I explained earlier.

Spoiler:

As it hints at in the description, whilst there will be action and whilst it may not seem so at first there's going to be a bit more to it than just "Look a vampire! Brutally kill it!"

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@Gimmepie: That sounds like a brilliant idea. I never had time to get in Reapers so I'll try my best to join this one.

Also I'm working on an RP, basically in the pokemon world.

Spoiler:

Feel free to criticize it in any way. Also like Magic Fox said I'd be happy to have a team help me to work on this.

Years
@Kanea - I'm also working on both a prequel and sequel to Reapers (even though it didn't finish). As I said earlier, I may not have got my RP finished but the "universe" I created with it has a lot of unexplored history, an interesting future and not to mention all the other realms that were never explored by the original. I was sad to see it go but I'm not stopping with the Reaper's RPs any time soon.

As for your own RP. I actually tend to like these darker pokemon RPs. I'm interested how you'd go about it though, especially considering that your talking about travelling across various regions. That's a huge undertaking, but if you could pull it off it would be fantastic.

Anyway, glad you approve. Anyone else have any thoughts or criticisms for Guard (or comments on the Reaper's prequel/sequel)?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i would like to shamelessly self advertise my new journey rp, spiritual successor to my old pandora rp

APOLLOOOOOOO

ty
ty
ty

also champs i'm gonna get another topic ball rolling:

Do you prefer to create a new character every new roleplay or recycle old ones?

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013

New character for every RP. I don't like recycling. Of course, some characters may share some traits, but that's just by me trying to hone personalities. I usually make a character that I think has a personality I have a major deficiency in writing for. So I try and make a round table and pick a personality I need practice with. :3

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Y U MAKE RP WEN I HAV NU ROOM FOR IT, SKYMIN? ;-; lol no

Anyways, I usually create a new character for every RP, but sometimes I recycle names. Simply because names are hard. I've thought of recycling characters before, though, but I haven't done so as of yet.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
New character for each RP although I do recycle names, a lot. And their personalities are really alike sometimes.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I guess I'm similar to Perplexity when it comes to character creation. I try to make all of my characters distinct and use them as a way of trying new things. Heck, none of my characters so far have even been of the same nationality. I guess it goes without saying that I don't recycle names either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've recycled names sometimes, and characteristics. But I don't enjoy doing it, as I always remember something from the last RP they were used in then, and that's annoying when I want to create something new and unique for the current RP.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years

More recently a lot of my characters have become a bit chop-shop.

I might take aspects from different characters I have made and then blend them into one. While each one obviously has their own original traits I've learned surprisingly quickly that with a few different features you can mix them up, make them more relevant to the roleplay and add in a few new twists and make a character that feels fresh and exciting.

That's not to say I don't love making characters from scratch. Just that chopping and changing information to make a new character means I can refine things and decide what I do and don't like playing.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Sigh, this is my first time creating an RP, but I am going to shamelessly self-advertise for it anyway.

Vale Institute of Magic
Come join a world of new magic in a modern school-like setting. Become a Mancer and control one of five primary elements, ranging from Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Metal! Learn the truth behind history since World War II, gain new abilities and spells, and develop friendships and rivalries. Seven spots are open for reservation, and reservations last 72 hours.

Regarding the question. I guess I prefer creating new characters, but if I really like a character I might reuse him/her.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hey guys, another bit of promotion here :P Sorry about this.

Khawill just made a new RP, which is a very interesting sort of D&D mixed with a free-roaming, quest based MMORPG style thing, that I'm -really- interested in getting off its feet, since I was the first player accepted. You can read up about it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311539 and I just... well, it's super interesting, I'm excited, and we just need a couple more people to actually get it off the ground!

Hope you'll at least have a gander at it :3

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Hi... I'm sorta new around these parts. Is there any roleplay suitable for a beginner like me? There are a lot of roleplays posted...which quite intimidates me ^^; And they have so many posts of high quality...

Sorry if I seem like a bother. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back