• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wonder Exchange Challenge

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
Years
  • The Wonder Exchange

This is a challenge that make your X and y Pokemon game and turns it into Russian Roulette. Play your game

Main Rules

1.) You must Wonder Trade (WT) all your Pokémon! (Includes both starters)

2.) You use up to six Pokemon and ONLY SIX

3.) If you get a duplicate Pokémon, you must Wonder Trade it again until you get something different.

3.5.) If you begin to have one to many of the same type (I.E 5 fire types) you may wonder trade until you have balance of one of each type or however you prefer but you can only do this Once (Up to you)

4.) If you have a high level Pokemon you may choose to wonder trade it away for something that can obey you.

5.*) The Challenge ends when you beat the champion

6.) NO reshuffles except with rule 3# and 3.5#

Additional, Optional rules

1.) One Pokémon per route/area until you have a party of six. Then no more catching Pokémon. If you have more than six. release the rest.

1.5) One Pokemon After every Gym

2.) No Exp.Share (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

3.) No Potions in battle (Optional, but recommended for a harder experience)

4.) No Legendary Pokemon

5.) If a Pokémon faints, you must Wonder Trade it! (Rule #3 counts here.)

6.) Play the game in set.

Which Version:
    Name in-game:
    Additional rules(Optional):

Here's My sheet

Which Version: Y
    Name in-game: Kalem
    Additional rules(Optional): All of them. Changing Rule 1 to 1.5

Champions
    Spoiler:

Have Fun!

(I might make a banner at one point whenever I decide to for the winners)

Last edited:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • I began this adventure on a Monday night. (Tonight to be exact)

My first random Partner is a Flebebe Level 17
    It knows Razor Leaf, Fairy Wind, Tackle and Vine Whip

I named it (in my mind) Sofia. She is shy, but feisty one I'll tell you.
    She does not care about other Pokemon Sizes and such. She just goes in headstrong and wins every time so far,however she, does have a quiet side as well as she rests on my shoulder now and then. Other than that, don't get in her way is the rule to live by

This is going to be a bumpy ride soon enough I Just know it.

Heading for Viola right now.

I hope myself the best of Luck.

Khamil / Nickname Kalem (Just so you know.)

Number of times Wondertraded= 1

(The idea is to keep the number at six, but it can all change in a flash with the optional rules in place)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    so I guess people are going to be elated when they find out they got a starter via wonder trade

wish I had a 3DS emulator so I could start a new file w/o erasing the old one, then I'd do this challenge.

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Natnew@ Your right sometimes you do get a starter, but it's never that easy. I should know. Sometimes I wish it was that easy.

Also in other news I had a horrible time and the worse part is that I could make it harder still, but I won't until my body is ready. I'll add the rules after this time. Just look at the progress update

Day 1- Progress update

(I like adding a little character sometimes. You will see

Well, all was going well. Joey the larvitar took out Viola

While I was training before, I caught a shiny Litleo (Second time this happens while I was training during a challenge. The first time was with a nuzlocke and I found my Shiny Nospass and soon to be Probopass)

My next Member was after that was a Pancham I named Ryan

I grew them to Level 20 and then....

They both fainted from a Goldeen.

So I Wondertraded them away for Flectling Level 1 and Tentacool Level 1. They fainted to aPichu

Then I got a high level Piloswine, but traded him for something else and that was a ledyba Level 8 and when it fainted soon after, I got a high Level Pupitar and traded it away for Mareep Level 1.The other one I got an Eevee Level 1 and it grew to level 6 before it died. They all fainted because they couldn't run away.

My final team for now is a Snorlax Level 1 I named Captain and a Bellsprout Level 1 I named Bishop

Captain, Is a careful fellow who obviously loves to eat, but it knows when he has to do it's job on the field of battle. He is the leader and the base of my current team.

Bishop, While being the bolder of the two is capable of taking some hits but prefers a more supportive role for now. Until it learns better moves for Support, It's a valuable addition to the team

With luck, they survived the Initial Training and made it to Level 9 each.

While they have their differences, Captian and Bishop are very friendly and rely on each other in battle which is why they survived longer than the rest. It gives me hope that I have strong team members on my side.

Number of times Wondertraded = 12

Oh Dear..... Well, it's not that bad, right?

Hopefully things won't so wrong now right?

Last edited:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Oh.... Yep they are lucky. A lot of people will be even more lucky

Wait till you see my Day 2 Progress update later tonight. (The blames is all on Grant in that one. Grant!!)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would have deleted your first post in here Natnew, but you carried on a conversation and I don't want to have to merge all of Pikabowser's posts together. But please refrain from posting in here unless you're signing up, updating, or asking a question. You can just VM Pikabowser to converse. Thanks!

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Day 2 Progress Update

First off, Captain and Bishop lost against Grant and his Fossil Yakuza. This lead to a lot of training and a lot of crying. I'll color it Shades of Green for those who survived the longest, red for those who fainted quickly and Purple that were too high a level. Let us begin.

Gyrados
    Rhyhorn
    Pachirisu
    Machop
    Bunnelby
    Marill

Kabuto
    Weedle

Drifloon
    Vivillon
    Bergmite
    Onix

Sandslash
    Fletchling
    Mawhile
    Zubat
    Bibaral
    Fennekin
    Scatterbug
    Sliggo

After much trail and error I came across a Sliggo level 47 and decided to try it out. It won by a take-one-for-the-team take down to beat Grant. Thanks to it I was able to finally add a third member to my party. Needless to say I forgot it was injured and lost it and Scatterbug to a Team Flare grunt. The list goes on.

Volbeat
    Pikachu
    Flechling

Fletchinder
    Rilou
    Flebebe
    Trevenant
    Mawile

Flechinder was a special case where I had a Fletchling already, so I used the duplicate clause

Gastly
    Ferroseed
    Slowpoke

Gastly That I named Terrance He started at level 18 then became level 25 to become a haunter, and then after I traded it to My Pokemon X Game and then back a Gengar. It is the power house of my group boasting the highest level. It is frail to dark attacks like Glass though. He know how to adapt and get ready situation. ( I find the the animation for Venoshock on Gengar is Disturbingly creepy and awesome at the same time. He didn't fight against Korrina's Gym because it became Level 42 an didn't listen to my orders.

Siegfried is the name of my tank-like Slowpoke who at first was useless and then it learn Zen headbutt which made OHKO the first two Pokemon Korrina had and Two hits for Hawlucha. I plan on making it evolve into a Slowking.

Carlos, The Ferroseed. The Wall to be. Not much to say except that soon it will have the potential to do great things soon.

And after that win. I got my foruth Member which is a Gible, I was going to name him but I just wanted to wait for a bit.

-Break for a day-

Grant took it really out of me. I'm going to rest for a bit before I embrace chaos again.

@Natnew Will you be signing up for the challenge? It's away fun to see what other people

Number of times Wondertraded= 43

So to reacap My team now consists of after defeating Ramos.

Gengar
    Frogadier
    Slowpoke
    Gilbe
    Gyarados

To fight Clemont is for my final team member.

I didn't want to write big any more by It's still great. I doing alright just training them

Number of times Wondertraded= 47

Last edited:

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    I will Sign Up but I can't play until I get the game for Christmas.

Name in-game: Bunny
    Additional rules(Optional): One Pokemon After every Gym

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Day 2.5 Progress Update

Gengar
    Frogadier
    Slowpoke
    Gilbe
    Gyarados

I didn't want to write big any more by It's still great. I doing alright just training them

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Day 2.5 Progress Update

Gengar
    Frogadier
    Slowpoke
    Gilbe
    Gyarados

Would you consider a type clause? Or do you feel that the double type makes you able to use this team in the challenge. Cause I see a lot of water type pokemon :P.

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Would you consider a type clause? Or do you feel that the double type makes you able to use this team in the challenge. Cause I see a lot of water type pokemon :P.
    Next Time PM me

Though I will put one for other people. As for me I find it alright since it doesn't break my original rules. It may be the same type. I leave it all up to chance and not complaining. I think the duplicate rule is good enough for a challenge mode that I'm doing with all the additional rules so It all how I can outsmart the AI instead of typings

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Status Update Day 3-7

My luck is not with me.

I beat Clemont and Valerie with realtive ease and then. It was the night of the living Critical hits. And Assurance came along and OHKOed Terrance All, but my Flareon , Speedstar

Siegfried Remains on my team as the Sole Survivor of the Grant Erradictators And Now I have four new members filling up my team.

I got A Gale Wing Flechinder I dubbed Lyle

A Swablu I dubbed Nari

A Jumpluff (Thank you lord I didn't have to level it up) I named Edith

and a Dratini I dubbed Sky

Plus I got a Zigzagoon I named Jaster

I have a long long way to go before the Pokemon league and Training will be the hardest thing to do, but to finish this is my quest.

Number of times Wondertraded= 50+

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • About to start my X going to be doing this now. Should be really fun :D

Game: X
    Name:Karina

Hope these wonder trades go well xD

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Day 1 progress

Got my 6 pokemon as Charmander, Ralts, Mawile, Pikachu, Deino and a protean froakie.

Fully evolved all bit Pikachu and Deino and got as far as the 5th gym, It isn't really as hard as I hoped it would be as I ended up getting a pretty good team, Died only once on the 2nd gym leader but that was due to me rushing. About to tackle the 5th gym leader and try to make it as far as I can preferably atleast to the 8th Gym.

Day 2

Breezed through the game easy, Final Team Greninja, Charizard, Pikachu, Gardevoir, Zweilous and Mawile, took me just over 16 hours to complete it and 2 days, Not bad. I did a total of 8 wonder trades, one was to get rid of a 2nd Froakie I recieved and another to remove Lucario.

I caught the legendary in masterball so as not to waste time trying to capture it and didn't wonder trade it away as I need it but never used it.

I think this challenge would have been harder if I didn't get such a good mix of pokemon from i

Last edited:

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    I need help now, I can't do the challenge because I don't have wireless internet, if you can help me so I can play in this, please do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm going to give this a try with my new Y version. We'll see how it goes.

Name in-game: Teddy
    Additional rules(Optional): None for now; may do rule #5 depending on how things go. I'll mention what I do in my update if it becomes relevant.

Update: My initial wondertrade team is:
    Caterpie
    Sigilyph (may be too high level--we'll see)
    Luvdisc
    Doduo
    Vulpix (finally a breeding reject!)
    Mareep

And I think I will go with optional rule number 5, as I think it'll add more variety to my run.

Oh, and having started, I realize I'm going to use optional rule 2 (exp share off) as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2016
    I need help now, I can't do the challenge because I don't have wireless internet, if you can help me so I can play in this, please do.

I don't think this is the challenge for you then considering it's based 100% on trading online. Unless one of the users here lives near you that could Wonder Trade for you (Which would be a lot of work just for a challenge), then you're probably out of luck bud. :( We can't wonder trade for you either because you can't trade with us because no internet.

OT:

Name in-game: Twizted25ID
    Additional rules(Optional): All standard rules + bonus rules of course. Using rule 1.5.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    This challenge sounds like a ton of fun!
    I plan on starting it after i complete the kalos pokedex to 100% what I can catch within X (i've already got a bunch of Y only pokemon with wonder trade :))
    I'll start this sooner if 1 of 2 things happens, either i get Y (in addition to my X) or Z comes out (i'm 80% certain its going to come out, i just hope they don't do X2 and Y2 cause that would be lame imho)

Tentative signup sheet:
    Which Version: X (the above reason), Y (the above reason), or Z if it comes out before i start :)
    Name in-game: SubVirus
    Additional rules(Optional): All standard rules+ All Bonus Rules in my spoiler in case the original post changes. In my spoiler i have bolded what I wish to change in the main rules and optional rules (they are additions to the rule, not subtractions)
    Spoiler:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • I'll update my challenge tomorrow.

It's not hard, without a lot of self imposed rules. My run is brutal since all Igot is a lot of trouble with out any potions in battle. So I have to be very careful

It was fighting Grant with only two Pokemon That started to rack up the annoyance meter

Back