• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV Breeding Leftovers

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    When you IV breed for that perfect Pokemon, what do you do with the leftovers? Do you trade them away to friends or here on PC, or do you Wonder Trade them away or just release them? Discuss away and maybe we'll all find new ways to offload our leftovers to others so they don't go to waste~

As a reminder, remember actual trading takes place in Trade Plaza so do not ask to trade here, thanks~

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Wonder Trade anything with 3 or less IV. I save the 4IV for people that will trade for them and the 5IV I use to get breeding parents I don't have. I also use 4IV for random trades here on PC when I'm trading an item or something with no Pokemon related to the trade. I always mark IV on all my babies so the people should notice when they receive my random Mon.

EDIT: I will also note that I check the IV of all Pokemon I receive via Wonder Trade. On average I'll get about one 4+ Pokemon per box of Pokemon I send out. I usually WT when I'm watching a movie or something where I can't pay attention to the game.

Last edited:

Snoochey

Advanced Trader
    Years
  • I release all of mine usually. I have my PC boxes set up based on egg groups, 1 for pending trades, 3 for 5 IVs, 1 for 6 IVs, 1 for foreign, 1 for my random pokémon I use (Shinies and lvl 100's for pokémon league leveling or catching safari's and legendaries), 1 for pokémon I've been chain breeding and have yet to check their stats and 1 is currently in use for some unhatched eggs I have which I know the Shiny Values of and have yet to find someone to hatch. I don't really have room to hold onto sub-par pokémon or waste time wonder trading all my 4 IVs just to release what I get in return.

I do however try to hold onto some of my 4 IV pokémon that are a 12.5% gender like female Eevees and I give them to people with item trades or if they're trading 2 pokémon for my 1, I'll use them as the random +1.

EDIT: My number of boxes just jumped up from 23-31 somehow! I'm not sure what this is based on, but now I may be able to save a few more 4 IVs for give-aways. Woot!

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I usually release the Pokemon I obtain through IV breeding, mostly because I get roughly 100+ since my IV breeding has been coupled with Masuda Method breeding recently. And Wonder Trading does take more time than just simply releasing them.

Though, sometimes, I wonder trade away boxes of 4-5 perfect IV Pokemon at 30 Pokemon at a time just to collect more trainer IDs for the lotto. I do check for 5IV Pokemon sometimes so I can keep them for others (either trade/give away).

Back