• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crimson Legacy seeks a programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
C+P GO!

Welcome to Roeizek, the last remaining Region after Team Rocket instigated a nuclear war across the whole Pokemon World. Once home to the Felamun, a group of indigenous people who can teach Pokemon to communicate telepathically, the region is now bustling with life. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four wait to be challenged by eager trainers who go on journeys with their Pokemon. However, all is not as it seems.
The Felamun, now confined to the jungles of Roeizek, are looking for revenge, as is one Primeape King. And why, in the time of the nuclear war, would humanity's greatest Trainer just dissappear?
The Legendaries are awakening. Now is the time for heroes. Will you step up to the challenge?

Features:
Your Pokemon talk to you! Ask them questions, hear from them in battle, and plan strategies together.
Friendship and loyalty play a greater part in battle. The more friendly your Pokemon, the more their attacks do and the better they'll listen to you.
A Shin Megami Tensei-style recruitment system. You can't just forcefully capture Pokemon anymore! (yes, you still need Pokeballs)
Combines new features with traditional gameplay: Fight the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 while weaving through a web of lies, conspiracy, and plots not found in any other Pokemon game! You'll see no "evil team trying to get legendary' here!
Over 100 new Pokemon, while some familiar faces have returned!
Subplots abound! Relive the Mother series through a Pokemon game, go through the Zelda-like puzzles of the Legendary Temples, and find out just where Red went.

Thanks for reading. I'm Rashoumon (aka Tangrowth, Medical Meccanica and a lot of other things) and I'm a spriter. I have a friend who's a composer, and together we're working on this game that you see. We're looking for a programmer who has knowledge in GameMaker or another such game making engine that can create/edit the main Pokemon engine.

One simple rule:
PLEASE don't be stubborn. I take critique and ideas, but don't rub them in my face and be a jerk about it. I understand if you don't agree with me, but we're in this together, okay?

If you're interested, check my profile for contact information.

Some examples of my Pokemon sprites are:
30lz49i.gif
Tobalg, the Poison Starter's Final Evo
2wqsr50.gif
Shamor, the Ground Starter's Final Evo
2ptqfqg.gif
Casowal, the Grass Starter's Final Evo

I will be on AIM and MSN tonight and hopefully tommorrow as much as possible, so please get a hold of me ASAP. Thanks!

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
May I suggest Pokemon Essentials for RPG Maker XP? Essentials is an incredibly feature-rich starter kit which is nearly a replication of the default engine.

Anyway, while your Pokémon sprites themselves are fairly well done, the designs are really quite bad. They look nothing like Pokémon at all, to be honest. It's also a better idea to actual get some progress done yourself before asking for help.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
...the title made me think the topic was misplaced, but I s'pose not...let's go:
C+P GO!

Welcome to Roeizek Derived from anywhere?, the last remaining Region after Team Rocket instigated a nuclear war across the whole Pokemon World ...why? Underwhom? For what purpose?. Once home to the Felamun, a group of indigenous people who can teach Pokemon to communicate telepathically ...to essentially make them Psychic types, or they only can do it to Psychic types?, the region is now bustling with life. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four wait to be challenged by eager trainers who go on journeys with their Pokemon. However, all is not as it seems.
The Felamun, now confined to the jungles of Roeizek, are looking for revenge, as is one Primeape King Ooooookaaaaaay.... And why, in the time of the nuclear war, would humanity's greatest Trainer just dissappear?
The Legendaries are awakening ...what in the name of Arceus do you mean by that?. Now is the time for heroes. Will you step up to the challenge?

Features:
Your Pokemon talk to you! Ask them questions, hear from them in battle, and plan strategies together. Like the MMBN game we never got in English...cool. Takesn a lott'a design work, however...
Friendship and loyalty play a greater part in battle. The more friendly your Pokemon and you interact?, the more their attacks do and the better they'll listen to you.
A Shin Megami Tensei-style recruitment system. You can't just forcefully capture Pokemon anymore You never did. There was always consent beforehand (or lack thereof due to loss of strength, but it's the same deal)...the only exception is a Master Ball.! (yes, you still need Pokeballs)
Combines new features with traditional gameplay: Fight the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 while weaving through a web of lies, conspiracy, and plots not found in any other Pokemon game I...don't buy that...! You'll see no "evil team trying to get legendary' here! I don't really have any idea what's s'posed to happen in this game...can you at least funnel in to the -backstory- of the protagonist?
Over 100 new Pokemon, while some familiar faces have returned! Wild NYTKOI appeared!
Subplots abound! Relive the Mother series through a Pokemon game Does that mean it's gonna -look- like that one in the Showcase forum (the name escapes me)?, go through the Zelda-like puzzles of the Legendary Temples, and find out just where Red went. Why does anyone care...? It's not our business.

Thanks for reading. I'm Rashoumon (aka Tangrowth, Medical Meccanica and a lot of other things I'll call you aloot for short, then...) and I'm a spriter. I have a friend who's a composer, and together we're working on this game that you see. We're looking for a programmer who has knowledge in GameMaker I only know of two ongoing GM fangame projects...good luck finding one here. or another such game making engine that can create/edit the main Pokemon engine.

One simple rule:
PLEASE don't be stubborn. I take critique and ideas, but don't rub them in my face and be a jerk about it ...that's kinda what I do.... I understand if you don't agree with me, but we're in this together, okay? Right, I'm only here to help. I'm glad you understand that beforehand, unlike most people...

If you're interested, check my profile for contact information.

Some examples of my Pokemon sprites are:
30lz49i.gif
Tobalg, the Poison Starter's Final Evo
2wqsr50.gif
Shamor, the Ground Starter's Final Evo
2ptqfqg.gif
Casowal, the Grass Starter's Final Evo
What's with this new triangle?

I will be on AIM and MSN tonight and hopefully tommorrow as much as possible, so please get a hold of me ASAP. Thanks!

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
I have a longer story planned out, but honestly my friend told me people only want to see a summary. I can post the longer story if people are interested.
The Mother part is simply a subplot, just because I had to include it. XD
As far as the starter designs go, if you want to critique them go ahead, but don't tell me they don't look enough like Pokemon and then not tell me WHY. I get that WAY too much to put up with it sitting down.
The new triangle... I wanted something different for a different game. Poison/Ground/Grass works according to Dragonfree and it isn't done to death like Dark/Psychic/Fighting.
As for the Pokeball thing, I'm thinking of redoing that, but I do want the Pokemon to have a little say in their capture. I know there are reasons but I still can't imagine giant firebreathing monsters letting people capture them...
Red... he plays an important part in the story. He's constantly referred to and such.
I can post a larger version of the story later, but as for work I'm doing myself... I have little to no coding knowledge. Believe me, I have tried (and failed). I've done a lot of sprites, dex entries and story development, but it's all for naught if I don't find a coder, eh?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Follow-ups are always good...
I have a longer story planned out, but honestly my friend told me people only want to see a summary Your friend can't speak for everyone, especially dangerous characters like me. I'd like to see it.. I can post the longer story if people are interested.
The Mother part is simply a subplot, just because I had to include it. XD
As far as the starter designs go I didn't complain about this (I'm not too picky on these things), bt it could help if you explained them or something...by the way, I don't really care for the last two, but I like the first one., if you want to critique them go ahead, but don't tell me they don't look enough like Pokemon and then not tell me WHY. I get that WAY too much to put up with it sitting down. Alright, how can you make two pre-evos (if you're going that route) outta the Grass one? It seems kinda bland...I'd buy it as a second stage unless you add just some sort of detailed gimmicks. What? I wouldn't know--this ain't my department...
The new triangle... I wanted something different for a different game Hey, that's fine...new triangles are awesome. It's just another way to slay the cliches.... Poison/Ground/Grass works according to Dragonfree and it isn't done to death like Dark/Psychic/Fighting.
As for the Pokeball thing, I'm thinking of redoing that, but I do want the Pokemon to have a little say in their capture. I know there are reasons but I still can't imagine giant firebreathing monsters letting people capture them...They don't have to. Why does it take eight Ultra Balls to catch that LUCARIMSTA? It's cause the great Lucario evo will resist so long as its strength does not fade away entirely. That's why you hurt a pkmn. Now, if you wanted to explore ways that the Master Ball (catch without fail) could be proved to not be flawless, then that'd be interesting...
Red... he plays an important part in the story. He's constantly referred to and such. Actually, Sir Aaron gets a lotta publicity, but a'right...
I can post a larger version of the story later, but as for work I'm doing myself... I have little to no coding knowledge. Believe me, I have tried (and failed). I've done a lot of sprites, dex entries and story development, but it's all for naught if I don't find a coder, eh?

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
I figured I'd turn this into an RP board instead, since it doesn't require coding knowledge.
Mods may close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back