• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need image in a .jpg file

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
Years
  • I dont have any kind of programs that make files go to a .jpg, if anyone knows any please post them here or if you would be willing to do it, that would be great

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Paint will do it. Click Save as... then choose JPEG from the drop down menu.

Assuming you're using Windows that is.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Kairi said:

Well, only Windows 98 and above and for NT versons, Windows 2000 and above.

If you have Windows 95 or NT, heres some programs that allow you to save it as a JPG. If you sharing artwork in small size, use PNG to preserve quality.

Jasc Paintshop Pro: www.jasc.com
    Adobe Photoshop: www.abobe.com/photoshop
    Imaging (Windows 2000 and below): On Computer
    Windows Fax and Picture Viewer (Windows XP)
    Fireworks MX: www.macromedia.com

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • You forgot IrfanView. It's a small program that lets you view just about any type of image file, play audio and video files, convert, batch convert, batch rename, rotate, change colour balance and everything, and it's absolutely free. I use it all the time, get it from www.irfanview.com (it's not an image editor but you didn't ask for one).

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Kairi said:

Before I used Pixia I was using Paint, and the quality of most of my pictures converted to .jpg decreased thanks to it. Thus I do not recommend MS Paint as a good Image Editor.

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • I have a windows 95 thats why I can't use the whole paint change thing, it only saves .bmp on mine even if I try to change it.

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • Personally, I use Photoshop, but I was once pointed towards a little (free) program called The GIMP... It seems really powerful, and it has both Windows and Linux versions (it was more originally designed for Linux machines)
    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/
    There's the Windows version.

Back