• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Julia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia seemed to appreciate Jack's background, judging by her reaction to it, though whether she was completely aware of the reasons for what he did was another story entirely. Hearing what Kiba had said she glanced at him very briefly without meaning to what she did before, as a matter of fact, taking a seat 'beside' him. It really didn't seem to matter to her all that much. Julia smiled at Chester's analogy, apparently finding it amusing, before turning her attention to the food she had been presented with. With the biggest smile she'd ever shown yet Julia proceeded to dig into her food with great voracity, only pausing long enough to semi-properly use her utensils. She hadn't eaten since the incident with the mission, and thus her food was vanishing at a rather impressive pace. Thus, she became distracted from the world around her, lest someone attempt to grab her attention somehow. She heard Chester mention something about trainer types and slowed a bit to devote a bit of her attention to him. What type of trainer was she? She noted that training a pokemon to resist it's weaknesses sounded...awful. They weren't called weaknesses because they were easy to cover. She was pretty sure her pokemon had weaknesses. Well, maybe not one...but she didn't know much about him as it was anyway. She found the term gimmick kind of an offensive understatement, as MacGyver and Ice were far from gimmicky, their strategies working more often than not to succesfully bring down significantly stronger opponents through the use of stragety, trickery, skill, and in MacGyver's case, ingenuity. Rocky's offensive powers were horrifyingly well trained, to the point that attempting to trick him was not in one's best interest, as abusing his lack of defensiveness was easily the safest way to bring him down.

Ultimately Julia decided it didn't matter whom she was. She was perhaps a balance. Her pokemon were trained for teamwork, and thus they were all quite different to provide a variety of possible solutions to any problem. Their one main flaw as far as training went was probably fighting alone as far as she could figure... Without commenting and merely leaving the information to her thoughts Julia resumed giving her food her full attention.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba.png

☯ Selfless Deeds

Line.png

A faint sense of satisfaction as well as some embarrassment flushed through Kiba, though as the food was scattered over the tables, he became rather involved with it. Taking his own pair of chopsticks out from his bag, he pulls together food that he would enjoy, Raamen, Yakisoba, and multiple other things, to which he ate probably fast enough to surprise the others. By the time Chester's explanation had finished, he had a stack of eight empty bowls beside him, finishing off his ninth and placing it over the stack, reaching for another bowl. Feeling his "Inner Kiba" begin to complain, he sighed and fought back. Well, Chester said he's got more money than he can spend, and with such a huge order I don't think it'd be rude... The only one I should worry about is-- His eyes widened. Julia. He suddenly realized how beyond-rude it was to her-- never mind. Apparently she had thought the same, because she was clearing off plates as well. In fact... It was actually pretty funny. He laughed lightheartedly. Though, he had hoped she wouldn't think he was laughing at her; his own tall stack of bowls might make her understand why he laughed.

Mello blushed and smiled, eating what Aviath fed her. She couldn't help but enjoy such treatment, but it embarrassed her as well. D-do I deserve this kind of thing...?

Flare grunted quietly. He knew he was trying to be alone, but was he really that bad? He expected at least one person to care. This was ridiculous. He let his head rest over his paws, closing his eyes.

Spirit smiled immensely at her. Of course I do! Why would I lie about that? She hovered upside down, still smiling at Echo.

Years
As Ulla began feeding, She noticed Flare laying alone by himself. The frosted little bird floats over to Flare with a few of the berries from the bowl the vendors provided. "Why so alone? You ought to eat while you can." She dropped the berry in front of the large pokemon. It was a Hondew Berry, a very rare one that rarely grows. (Checked Bulbipedia for this one.) Ullas then began to eat another berry she had on her. "Something on your mind Flare? You can tell me. I won't tell anyone if its too personal."

Avaith smiled as he fed his mate, and chuckled a bit. "I suppose we'll be working soon enough." He licked his mates cheek as he emptied the bowl of food and sat as close as he could to her.

As Shadoan finishes his meal, Chester laughs a bit at both Kiba and Julia. "You've both must have been hungry. Long trip here I suppose?" The meal was interrupted as several helicopters carrying large pallets of supplies, covered in tarp mats, moving east. Another much larger copter was heading in the same direction. "Those are the carpenters and their supplies you'll be protecting. I hope you have all eaten your fill?" Shadoan nods as he finishes his last bowl of ramen with the side of a few steamed apples. Chester stood up, stretching his arms as he took his cane and paid the vendor up front for the food. "Ill leave you to finish your meals, we leave in 20 minutes towards the site, so make your preparations when you finish." Chester tips his hat as he and his daughter take leave of the Vendor and moved toward the entrance to the Vendors Entrance. Shadoan looked back among his friends and back to Jack. "I'll be spending my award money from our last job on what I need, Ill meet you all beside Chester." Shadoan got up and took his leave as he glanced over at Avaith and Mello. "Alright love birds, we need to make preparations to leave. This includes medicine and food." Shadoan then looks back at Flare and Ulla. "Can you watch Ulla for me a while? Please?" Shadoan asks as he disappears into the vendors.
Avauth sighed as he lifted her onto his back and began trotting after his trainer. He was going to spend time with Mello, even if he had to bring her with him.

As Shadoan browsed the various booths, something caught his eye. One of the league officers had a booth setup selling off foliage and herbs that could be found around Lethia. Right now, they were selling Silver Root, in a portable pot and some other sort of flower. The tangerine petals glistened in the morning sun as it gave off a gold shimmer that warmed Shadoan's very soul. The officer mining the booth was a blue Ekans. "Sssssooool vinessssss, thesssse plantsssss grow off a vinesss found at the top of these mountainsssss. They have healing propertiessss and replace dead cellllssss with new onesssss. If mixed properly with ssssiiiillver root, It can heal even the mosssst vital woundssss. It isss also usssssed to heighten the natural sssssensssse of love." Shadoan looked at the flower and checked the price tag. "5,000?! That's a bit pricy, don't you think?" The Ekans shook its head no. "Theeesssse vinesss can only be harvessssted yearly every sssssssssssssspring!!!" Shadoan pauses and sighs. Looking at the plant, he makes up his mind and pays for a pot of the Sol Vine. The Ekans even provided a box to put it in so he could store it for later travels.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack wasn't really bothered when Julia sat next to him. He wasn't really looking for a girlfriend and most of the time he spent focusing on his pokemon and himself. Once Shadoan talked about the money the wheels began to turn in Jack's head. He still needed to find a water pokemon! "Hey, I'll be back later guys!" He said hurriedly as he jumped up and began to look around for some water or ponds or something! He sprinted out of the Vendor area and looked around until he finally spied a lake among some boulders. He made his way over to it and took out Alpha from his pokeball. The Hypno stretched as Jack pointed at the water.

"Alpha, use your powers to find a weak water pokemon and bring it out!" The Hypno nodded and stretched out his hand as his eyes glowed blue. A second later a small Poliwag was flung from the water and landed hard on the ground. "Alright, Alpha, use another Confusion!" The Hypno's eyes glowed as a blue aura grabbed the Poliwag and slammed it onto the ground. The Poliwag got back up and fired a Water Gun that hit into Alpha's chest.

Alpha didn't even flinch from the weak attack. "Alpha, one last Confusion should take it out!" Alpha did as requested and the Poliwag fell onto its back. Jack sent out the ball and easily captured his last starter. Smiling Jack raced back to the Vendors and found the man who handed out the jobs. He put the three pokeballs on the table, "There, found my three starters!" He said slightly out of breath.

Echo smiled and turned to Spirit, giggling as she saw her floating upside down, "Thank you. It's been... some time since someone has complimented my appearance. Your not... Uh, well, I have no other way to state this..." Echo looked down, "Are you interested in females?"

Dawn

Years
Julia - Mountain Vendors
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia looked up from her food to acknowledge Chester, though she could not approriately respond because of a full mouth. She understood what he was saying though and nodded in agreement. Finishing off a bit more of the food she had been given she found that she needed to put her fork down, as she did not believe she could eat any more. Looking down at herself she tentatively poked her belly. She was some kind of stuffed! She silently reassured herself she would be doing too much exercise to worry about gaining weight and glanced at Kiba thoughtfully before getting up and brushing herself off briefly to free herself of Any unwanted hitchhiker food crumbs that just might have been taking a ride on her clothes.

"I can't finish it all."

Her tone was slightly apologetic.

"...I guess I should pick up some extra medicine before we go..."

Julia looked around, spotting Chester in the distance and...- Was that Shadoan buying something from an ekans? Julia's expression blanked a bit and she just sort of did a double take. ...Huh. She was either really sick or what she was looking at didn't make sense. She didn't /feel/ that bad though, so she was leaning towards the latter. Could it speak? It had to right? ...Perhaps it had some sort of semi-universal language though. Either way Julia was mildly intrigued, but not quite intrigued enough to take a detour when they had an important mission to be working on. Sheesh! Perhaps she would take a passing look though... maybe... probably.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba.png

☯ Selfless Deeds

Line.png

Kiba's delighted smile slowly faded. Huh... She didn't find it funny... That smile changed to a frown. "I-I'm sorry... I hope I didn't offend you... Again..." Damn it! And I apologized again! What's wrong with me!? He couldn't do anything right. With a sigh, he rose to his feet. After a formal and polite bow of tanks toward Chester, he prepared himself for the quest.

Flare gave a quiet and low growl. Don't meddle in problems that don't concern you... He rose to his paws, then sighed. Ulla didn't deserve that. Look, I'm sorry... But I don't need any more people worrying about me. I can handle myself. A slight glace at Charlie, then he simply padded onward. Let's just get ready for the upcoming mission.

Mello rested on Aviath. Maybe if something came up, she could demonstrate her power... She felt rather weak after the wild fire types attacked, but she knew she was stronger than that. If only there were some way to prove it...

Spirit smiled quietly at Echo. Such an odd question... She flipped back upright and hovered in a circle around Echo. Well... I'm into males and females... She laughed slightly. Why ask such a strange thing? She was pretty sure where this is headed, though she was pretty much making Echo spit it out. She loved playing with the psychology of others, often putting them through some form of embarrassment of confusion. It was just amusing to her.

Years
Ullla blinked and sighed. "I won't meddle in your problems, but if they harm others, you do know you'll have to tell them." She glances down at the berry in front of him. "If your not going to eat that, then at least plant it." With that, she flew off back towards Shadoan and perched herself on his shoulder as he made his way back towards Chester. Chester gave a brief smile while looking back out among the Vendors as they awaited the rest of the group. Shadoan glanced at him, still with a mind full of questions to ask him. He takes a deep breath and asks. "Question... If Lethia has been around that long.... then why is there only one village? I mean, the way the officers and trainers talk, they act as if this place had been here before, right under our noses the whole time." Chester stared back at Shadoan with one eye and a simple grin. "There are reasons this island has been kept a secret for so long... Well, multiple secrets that would blow your mind as it did mine... You've seen Gaia's Heart, that's one of the few secrets Lethia was kept hidden, but it doesn't even scratch the surface... As far as there being only one town settlement, that can be explained too." He points back out with his cane towards the north. "The weather here in Lethia is just to darn unpredictable! Have you ever seen a tornado in the mountains? Or maybe a sand storm in the forest? Let alone a blizzard out in the desert? When Summer and Fall come around, the weather begins to intensify until it becomes unbearable in winter. Its due to most of these weather changes that there aren't any human settlements out here at all... I have attempted 4 settlements here, all of which have failed due too timing and my lack of speed, including other factors such as mating seasons, migration routes for each pokemon in Lethia, all bits of that worked against me. Though I have learned from my mistakes and have taken every precaution I could take. The area we're going to is out of the way for MOST pokemon in Lethia, the weather is still unstable, but still bearable, even in winter, and I have purchased the most potent defense system.... It won't kill anything, but it hurts on contact and cost a pretty golden penny." Shadoan glanced at Chester with a little suspicion. "How much did it take to bribe the Elites to give you a building permit? Let alone, purchase land?" Chester laughed and looked forward. "It was free. Both land and permit." From here, the look on Shadoans face was utterly priceless and in shock, so was Avaith's. A building permit along with free land! Chester glanced back at him with a chuckle "As long as I abide by their laws of course. Think about it, several people have tried to setup a home out here or towns, villages even and have all failed. It shouldn't be much of a surprise to why that's all free. For all they care, you can point at that tree, declare its yours and they can supply you with the title to it."

The job Vendor grins and accepts the three pokemon. Paying Jack his 30k poke' dollars and retrieving his last unregistered pokeball. Registring the ball, he returns it to him so he could capture pokemon under his ID with it.

Shadoan is [Ready]
Kiba is [Ready]

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack smiled and eagerly took the money. He walked away and counted. Sixty thousand! At least now he had some reserve spending cash to save up and use when he needed to and a plus he didn't need to worry about accidentally releasing those pokemon to battle with. No telling what a young girl might do when she found her pokemon already cut up and bruised just when she got it. Alpha looked up at him and tugged at his pants and pointed over at the group. "Jack, we need to start heading out. Kiba and Shadoan are already ready."

Jack looked at where his pokemon pointed and smiled, "Right, we need to get going. Alright then." Jack headed on back with his faithful Hypno following... until he remembered something. Jack, instead of heading right for Shadoan, headed right for where Echo still was.

Echo gulped as the Misdrievious circled around her, and asked that one question. Echo paled as she began to stammer, "Uh... w-w-we-well I-I... it-it's just th-that I-I..." She squeezed her eyes tight and took in a deep shaky breath, "I like-" She was quickly interrupted when Jack called her. She quickly turned to Spirit and did a quick courtesy, "Perhaps another time!" She quickly said as she ran over to Jack.

Jack released the rest of his pokemon and looked them over, "Hey guys, just to let you all know I caught a new pokemon today. With both Bravo's and Jev's help I managed to capture a Dragonair. I know it's my usually specialty but I was hoping to start getting to know our new teammate, now who want's to be stored away?" The second the last sentence came out of his mouth ever singe hand, save Alpha's, pointed immediately at Charlie.

Charlie glared at all of them in turn. Jack smiled, "Well... the masses have spoken." Charlie crossed his arms as Jack knelt down, "Hey, it's only going to be for a day or two. Plus, it'll help you relax if no one else is bothering you, right?" Charlie rolled his eyes as Jack recalled him. Jack ran over to the PC and quickly pulled up his screen and in no time had exchanged Charlie for the new pokemon.

Bravo looked over at Echo and smiled, "Something has you flustered!" She said with a grin. Echo blushed and looked down, "Promise you won't tell anyone?" Bravo just smiled and nodded as Echo relayed a quick minute summary of what had happened with Spirit. Bravo's grin grew wider, Really? Well, can't keep her waiting then!" Before Echo could protest Bravo grabbed her and dragged her back to Spirit and pushed her right into the Misdrevious, "Hey Spirit! She likes girls, lots of girls! She likes thinking about girls, she dreams about girls! And she's hot for you! So go crazy you two!" Echo covered her face as fast as she could, a blush quickly forming over her face once more.

Jack walked back over and returned all of his pokemon save for Echo. He walked over to Shadoan, "Alright, I'm all set."

Dawn

Years
Julia - Mountain Vendors

Julia just sort of watched Kiba stumble over his words and walk away. She honestly wasn't sure what to say to him. Or rather, she had been unable to figure out what she wanted to say before he excused himself to go see Chester. At this Julia gathered her thoughts and possessions and headed off to the local mart--but not before heading over to the Ekans she had seen Shadoan talking to not long ago. When she approached she was slightly shocked to find it could apparently speak to humans, albeit very awkwardly. This was despite the fact that she'd seen Shadoan talking to it very recently. It explained about sol vines and their healing properties when mixed with silver root, and offered a price tag. Ouch... 5000 pokedollars? Her parents had warned her about this. Julia seemed to be torn for a moment, trying to decide. The healing properties sure sounded like they could come in use. 5000 pokedollars was certainly something she could afford, being that she hadn't come to Lethia completely broke. However, it would be a substantial chunk of her funds if she went through with this. After a moment she decided to try something different.

Julia reached into her purse and fished for a pokeball. Now... which one of her pokemon were the smartest? She paused a moment, realizing she... really had no idea. Most of her team /wasn't actually hers/. That is to say, and she had only had most of her team for an extremely short time and the rest had been given to her very recently. Though she'd seen them battle for quite a while, all with the exception of one, she didn't have a good feel for depth of most of their personalities. Ice and Roy were probably the only exceptions to this, as they had been the two pokemon she had owned before the tournament.

...Perhaps now was a good time to experiment! Julia pulled out a pokeball and inspected it... Examining it she determined it was MacGyver's. She noted that he had always come off as slightly eerie to her. Tossing the ball, the haunter burst from it and immediately turned to address the ekans in close proximity to it, emitting a lighthearted chuckle of sorts as if it found it's situation amusing. It was then that it noticed everyone around it and just sort of became confused, turning to Julia. It let out a low, brief, mostly inaudible second chuckle. If you'd ever heard of a half hearted laugh, this one sounded as if it had exactly no heart in it. That is to say, it was lacking any authenticity.

"Alright Chuckles, there's a powerful healing item with...um... love enhancing properties right here for like, 5000 pokedollars. Should I get it?"

Julia had used a personal 'second' nickname she'd given MacGyver, which was probably not very subtle. MacGyver was just sort of taken by surprise by the question. Giving Julia a funny look as if to ask 'Do I /look/ like a financial adviser?'. After a moment however MacGyver gave Julia an unenthusiastic nod of affirmation. Julia paid the ekans and took the goods from it, thanking it awkwardly before bringing the box she'd been given to another merchant in order to purchase a couple of super potions and a single revive. She silently noted that this was way too much money to be spending in one day on supplies, but supposed that she was only preparing so much to make sure that she successfully completed the mission so that she could get more money and not have to worry about this sort of thing anymore.

Finally, she joined the others near Chester with barely a couple of minutes to spare, MacGyver trailing her with an unexplained grin on his face. Julia greeted them with an apologetic smile and tone.

"Sorry if I took too long... I was shopping."

Years
[Team Ready]
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Shadoan nodded as Julia finally joins them and the few walk out onto the path, Following Chester and his daughter close behind them as they walked by babbling brooks, gusts of wind and pokemon fighting one another for the last apple in the tree. Avaith walked beside his master with Mello riding, Ulla perched on Shadoan's shoulder as Jev trotted behind them both with hands behind his head. As the group traveled, the sun began to set as Chester lead them into a cave and walk out the other end into a small clearing. There were carpenters, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, cooks among others working around the clearing like clockwork as they setup the settlement. The carpenters had 3 buildings in progress of constructing with electricians working with their pokemon, plumbers digging ditches to divert sewage and setup water systems, and gardeners setting up the ground to plant silver roots while the cooks were preparing meals for the entire crew. Happy with the progress, Chester turns to Shadoan and the others and gives a humble bow. "To what I hope will be the next wonder in Lethia, welcome to Heroes Loft. They are currently building a hotel, a shop and pokemon center within this vicinity. When they finish, they will begin work on the battle tower. This town will have all the comforts of home, no matter where your from." Shadoan's eyes were widening a little at all the work that was being put into the place as Chester chuckles. "I'll be sleeping in the large red tent, my employees will be sleeping in the white tents and you 4 will be sharing the blue tent." Shadoan glanced over at the blue tent as Chester chuckled. "The girls will be using my tent to change into and out of any attire, but will still be using the blue tent. I don't want any of you boys thinking otherwise." Shadoan shook his head no. "But... wouldn't that mean you-" "I won't be using my tent in the evenings, I'll be keeping watch with whomever takes point and assist in setting up the defense system with the electricians, until then, settle in and prepare for the week of work." The group makes their way towards the blue tent to reveal 4 cots, topped with mattresses, blankets and pillows. Shadoan dropped his bag in front of one of the cots and relaxed a little. The sun outside slowly ebbing away into the dusk.

Avaith yawned from the long hike and laid down infront of the cot with Melllo on his back. He grinned a little "Ready for a short nap with your mate before we get to work?" He asked her as she laid on his back, smiling.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba.png

☯ COURAGE

Line.png

Kiba listened intently to Chester's instruction. It seemed to be late already. He stepped forward from the group, toward Chester, then turns to face the three in the group. With a polite bow, he spoke, "I'll take the night shift, so all of you can sleep soundly." Without waiting for any possible argument, he called Flare, Mello, and Spirit with whistling as he found his way to his post.

Flare sighed silently, and answered to the call, taking a seat beside Kiba. He looked rather irritated. Ugh... At least it can distract me from everything... A rather dark grin formed on Flare's muzzle. I hope I can at least fight something... That would ease a lot of stress. He watched the horizons for any odd movement.

Mello sighed a bit, and made her way over to Kibasan, looking up at him trying to hide the fact that she was saddened that she had to stay up, separate from her mate. However, Kiba knelt down to her, petted her head a few times, and said, "Oh, you can go stay with your mate. I won't keep you two from each other." Mello smiled and made a quick bow before rushing back over to Aviath and practically tackling him sending them both rolling again.

Spirit smiled and phased through Echo as she was pushed toward her. She giggled a bit and turned to Echo, grinning. Is that true?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack just shrugged, "Alright, works for me Kiba." Jack knew he needed to get some time in with his new pokemon anyway. It was always important to start establishing just who was in charge and who gave the orders and who followed them obediently. If he didn't do that with his first conversation with the dragon then he could expect to have a reckless pokemon.

Jack released Alpha and Bravo in front of him, "Alright guys. We're inducting our new team member. You two know the drill." Both nodded as Bravo crackled, "Oh yes! This is going to be awesome!" Jack took out his newest pokeball and opened it up. The Dragonair appeared and looked around confusedly. Jack walked up to it, "Dragonair, I successfully fought against you and captured you. Your my pokemon now and I have some rules to lay down." The Dragonair just looked up confused and as it saw Alpah and Bravo approached it looked like it was getting anxious.

Alpha smiled, "Greetings! I am Alpha and this Banette is Bravo. Our trainer names us according in the order he captures us. Since you are the seventh pokemon he caught he'll name you Golf." The Dragonair frowned, "But my name is Lilith." Bravo chuckled and shook her head, "Well, that's nice to know but he's gonna be calling you Golf from now on." Alpha looked up at Jack and made an upside down thumbs up.

"So, female then? Still, Dragonair, you're name is now Golf!" The Dragonair looked less than enthusiastic as Jack began to lay down his rules. "Alright Golf, you're going to obey every order I give you. Anytime you make a mistake then Alpha and Bravo will be quick to correct you. It'll be easier to correct your mistakes as you make them then to tell you each and every rule I have. The first time you make a mistake you will simply be told what you did wrong. After that every time you make the same mistake you will be punished. Understand?" The Dragonair looked up with fear and meekly nodded her head.

"Good. Alpha, get her prepared." Alpha smiled at Golf, "Alright then! First things first. When everyone else is let out we'll introduce you and you'll be introduced in turn. One thing to remember. We'll be eating soon, when we do, do not eat before Jack tells you. He likes things in order and will tell us when we can have our food. Understand?" Golf sighed, "But my name is Lilith."

Bravo rolled her eyes, "Hey, Golf. Get over it. I know I did. Just stay with the groove and you'll find out that Jack is a cool guy. Just give it time."

Echo looked at Spirit, "Uh, well.... yes! It's all true!" She blurted out. She looked down and clicked her claws together nervously, "I-I... I think I have a... crush on you." She croaked out.

Dawn

Years
Julia - Heroes Loft

Julia followed Chester primarily, occasionally glancing at the others without any significant meaning to her looks. They entered a cave and an involvuntary twitch ran through her arm and hand, probably influenced by anxiety related to the /last/ cave she had been in. When they emerged nito the clearing Julia looked around with great interest at the surrounding geographical layout. Chester talked about a battle tower, among other structures intended to be built, and Julia silently imagined him. He also discussed how they'd be sleeping in tents, and Julia smiled for ambiguous reasons when Cheseter made a point to stress to the boys that 'girls' would be changing in a separate area, poking fun at them in the process. The phrasing did seem slightly odd to her however. Julia was the only girl in the group. Were other trainers taking this job as well? Julia had gotten the impression that it was up to them alone. Was Chester's daughter going to be assisting them? After Chester finished Kiba stepped forward and offered to 'take the night shift'. Julia immediately noticed the lack of any plans for the rest of the week and felt the need to bring it up.

"Um... I think we should rotate shifts. A different shift each night."

Years
Shadoan sighs as he releases both Stella and Light. "We can all take turns and switch out at midnight... I'll be using Light and Avaith to help me keep watch when Midnight strikes to relive Kiba of his Shift until the dawn." Chester glances back and forth between Kiba and Shadoan and sighs. "If that's the way you boys want it, very well. Kiba will have the first shift until midnight and Shadoan will take his place. Tomorrow, Julia will take the first shift until midnight and swap out with Jack. I'll need at least two of you awake by morning until the dusk to help fend off any angry pokemon that could brush by Heroes Loft, if there are no other comments, I'm counting on all of you." As he walks outside, he pauses a moment and turns back to them. "You'll receive pay each day; when the sun dawns. I'll be able to pay cash upfront so make room in your wallets for the money." Shadoan nodded in agreement as Chester left and he walked into the blue tent. Shadoan picked a cot and claimed it his as he set his bag down in front of it and laid by into the mattress, which really surprised him. It was mostly memory foam! "Softest bed I've slept in since... I don't remember when." As he laid back to relax his muscles, Avaith and Mello crawled under him and curled up with one another as Jev stuck out his tongue and sighed. "It's becoming a couples fest in here. I'm leaving... If anyone needs a sparring bug, Ill be out here." The short tempered bug then takes his leave outside of the tents to watch the various workers work. as they scurry to finish the hotel first.

Light and Stella were alone for a while as Light began to watch out over the trees while Stella acted as her usual affectionate self around him. "Something is out there... Something.... Big..." Light spoke as his eyes twitched, sensing an overwhelming presence. Light looked back out over the trees and back to him, licking his cheek as he ignored her. "Well, whats out there?" Light gulped as he backed away a little. "I....don't know.....all I do know is.... I feel it..."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba.png

☯ COURAGE

Line.png

Kiba watched the others, speaking after a forfeited sigh. "I could take the whole night shift every night... I only need an hour's sleep per day... But I guess it's preference..." After a gentle brush over Flare's fur, he glanced at them again. "If something comes up, expect a loud bark from Flare, and be ready."

Flare let out a low growl, deep in his throat. I don't like this feeling...

Kiba noticed the growl and scratched behind Flare's ear. Facing the others (or whoever was still there), he spoke, "This isn't good... Flare thinks something is going to happen soon..."

Mello snuggled up to Aviath, her eyes softened, slightly distracted. Do you ever get that feeling, that something really bad is about to happen...?

Spirit grinned slightly and floated in another circle around Echo. Well, well, well... What do you plan to do about that?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack looked at Kiba, "What do you mean something is going to happen?" Jack didn't feel anything in the air, but then he noticed it. "Hey Kiba.... weren't there birds chirping before?" The area was dead quiet.

Echo gulped, "Uh... I don't know. I've never been the one to take charge. Do... do... do you... have an interest in me?" She asked nervously. Spirit's circling was making Echo extremely uncomfortable and she had a tiny thought that Spirit was possibly checking her out from all angles, but she quickly pushed the thought away.

Golf stared up into the sky as she looked around quickly. Alpha frowned as well and also looked back and forth. "Something is amiss." Alpha murmured. Golf nodded, "Yes, I feel it too. Something wicked this way comes."

Bravo cocked her head, "Wicked? Like awesome?"

Golf shook her head, "No... evil... we need to get out of here!"

Golf quickly floated over to Jack and bit his shirt and lifted him up. "Golf, off of me! What's gotten into you?"

The Dragonair gulped, "Jack... I may not like you but we need to get away right now! This presence is very evil. I know you probably can't feel it but I can! It's coming here right now! Look, just jump on my back and we can get out of here, but please we need to leave now!"

Of course, all Jack heard was Golf pretty much blabbering. Jack sighed and patted her head, "Golf I know this is a whole lot to take in but you're my pokemon now. I promise I won't hurt you so there's no need to be afraid of me." He turned back to Kiba, "Anyway, isn't it strange that the birds just left like that?"

Dawn

Years
Julia - Heroes Loft

Julia gave Kiba a look that seemed to question his sanity. Why would he even offer to do something like that? Seven days on one hour of sleep? Was she missing something? She was pretty sure that was beyond the human limit before one starts becoming a vegetable and one's body starts shutting down by several days. I mean really? What was he trying to prove--besides that he was evidently a autobot robot in disguise. Sheesh. Once again pretending not to find this deeply disturbing Julia was surprised to find Kiba talking about something being ominous or some such.

"Who--?"

She had almost forgotten the names of Kiba's pokemon. When it occurred to her whom he was talking about her expression furrowed. She was clearly frustrated. She got the feeling Kiba wasn't telling her something kind of important, and this was very difficult for her to ignore. Meanwhile, Jack was going on about birds and whatnot. She certainly hadn't been paying attention. How could they tell there weren't birds nearby anyway? Julia was honestly at a loss for words. Why was everyone suddenly all weirded out?

"..."

Meanwhile MacGyver, Julia's Haunter, seemed to ironically have no interest in any of the conversation going on. The pokemon seemed to be staring off into space, it's disturbing semi-permanent grin cracked open idly. If it sensed danger, it didn't seem to care in the slightest.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba.png

☯ COURAGE

Line.png

It was then that the feeling hit. Kiba felt a cold fear strike up his spine. Something bad is going to happen... I can feel it... It's emanating, coming slowly closer... His head down, his eyes slightly widened. This was definitely not good. There was an eerie air around Kiba, one that made your blood run cold. He was hiding this fear from them. I feel it in the air... If I stay out here, something will happen to me. I know it. He thought it over in a long silence. I can't let any of them take my place tonight... I'd rather take whatever's coming then watch one of them suffer... Especially not Ju-- He cut himself off on that thought. He knew exactly who he was thinking of, and it wasn't the time for that.

He looked back up to them, with a face likely more serious than he'd ever shown before. I can't let them know, or they'll try to stop me or take my place... He quietly turned his head, staring off in the distance at nothing in particular as he spoke. "You all need your rest... Be ready if Flare calls. You should likely let your Pokemon sleep outside of their balls. Just so they can be ready." His heart was heavy, but he was taking this as his responsibility, and no one was taking it away. The wind blew by, sending his parted hair in its direction; his distinctly blue eye and green eye were both visible, and distracted by this. It was true. The birds had stopped chirping. Fish stopped swimming. Animals stopped foraging. "Everyone rest. Be ready in case something, or someone, shows up."

Flare looked up at Kibasan, seeing the way he was reacting. He can feel it too... Even more than I can... What does he know...? All he knew was that it would be his duty to bark everyone up.

Mello yawned slightly, and while waiting for Aviath's answer, closed her eyes as she snuggled close. We should sleep... Kibasan knows what he's talking about... He can tell with these things...

Spirit phased through Echo and turned to face her with a smile. Actually, I d-- She watched over at Kibasan. That stare... She turned back to Echo rather quickly, seeming more panicked and stumbling over her words. U-uh, w-we'll continue this some other time... G-go get some sleep, get ready in case something happens. Th-then we'll talk. She rather hurriedly rushed to Kiba, phasing right through MacGyver on her way. Her eyes showed urgency, enough that she would save time by passing through instead of going around.

Years
Avaith paused as he began to feel it too. "I feel it to... Ill be back in a second, I got to go check on something." As Avaith stepped out from the tent, he looked about the landscape and walked towards the path they had come from. In the cave, he could hear heavy foot steps as from the darkness, a large green pokemon with flower petals along its neck approached, a Meganium, with a human riding its back, its trainer. The trainer was dressed in a green jacket and dark jeans as he overlooked heroes loft. Shifting through the items in his fanny-pack, he pulls out a nut and chew eats it as he looks down at Avaith and towards the camp. "...More of them... Scum of the island... Looks like we have another set of them to deal with old friend." As Avaith acknowledged who he was, he turned back to call out to everyone, but was quickly interrupted with a vine whip, slashing and tossing him aside as the Meganium began its forward march. Getting up, Avaith begins to charge, letting loose his flame thrower to surround the Pokemon in flames and eventually burning its petals. Through aflame, the pokemon kept moving like it was barely phased as its body began to slowly put the flames out. Avaith's eyes opened wide as he staggered. "This...can't be real....It...CAN'T BE!" He took charge once more with a flame wheel as the green trainer looked over at him. Pointing at Avaith, the Meganium swiped his vines once more, surrounding Avaith, grasping hold and slamming him into the ground repeatedly, several times before tossing him to fall into a small self- created crater. As Avaith tried get up, the ground was covered in Leech Seeds, spread while he was being tossed and thrown about. They sprouted, entangling his body as it began to drain his energy as he looked ath the cold heart-ed trainer from a distance, feeling his bones ache, as a rib bone felt crushed, he howled in pain. Struggling still, the Meganium used Sleep powder to out him to sleep as the seeds drained the last moment of strength before it performed Giga Impact, launching his body back into the trainers tent, ripping it out of its foundation. Looking around, Shadoan found his brother, his friend covered in the ever growing vines of the cursed seeds, he began to pull them apart in an attempt to save his life. When he pulled the vines aside, Avaith was in a critical state, a little blood dripping from his lip, though he still had a pulse. Looking back, the green trainer had arrived and he was prepared to show absolutely no mercy. "The Secret must be protected... It must be enforced...." He chanted over and over as his pokemon advanced...

Exiles:
Exiles are Earth and Sky League Elites who are retired from the league. They cannot ever enter the contest, but are able to move about Lethia on their own free will and challenge other trainers to a battle. Though these elites are replaced with new ones, they are still as powerful as the elites currently in charge.

To simply put, were now facing an Elite...

D.Green
B.type: Ruin
Pokemon: 6
B.parts: ?

1. Meganium
Moveset:
Sleep powder
Vine Whip
Leech Seed
Giga Impact

Immunities:
Fire
Ice

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Julia - Heroes Loft

MacGyver just sort of froze up when Spirit passed directly through him. ...Oh the implications. MacGyver seemed amused by this however, and proceeded to chuckle heartily in a rather eerie manner, watching Spirit continue on as if finding her interesting somehow.

Julia just sort of stared at Kiba for a moment. She seemed a bit frustrated, to say the least. After a moment though she silently resigned herself to turning and walking away. She was headed for the tents... At least, she was until a particular Charmander startled her by flying through the air, battered. Julia let out a brief shriek of surprise and reflexively backed up a bit. /Apparently/ they were under attack! Turning to face the source of the attack Julia was surprised to see a trainer wearing a green jacket approaching them. This both surprised and aggrivated Julia. A /human/?! She held humans to higher standards than /this/! Didn't he know better than to attack random people? She was fairly confident none of them had gone out of their way to start a fight. Such wasn't what they were being paid for.

...A moment of silence. Who would best compliment MacGyver here? Roy was a flying type. She could use him. That meant it would be better if she didn't use Lumine. Hm. She supposed MacGyver and Ice were both good supporters. Ice and Rocky worked best with Lumine anyway. She was going to get a chance to use /that/ pokemon. She knew he was a fire type. This would work for starters. Besides, this was a self-defense battle. She could always send out as many pokemon as she felt she needed at any time if it came to that. She dreaded the thought of sending out six at once however. That would be impossible for her poor human brain /and/ lungs to handle. Meanwhile MacGyver had turned his attention to the approaching intruder.

"Roy, I choose you!"

Julia tossed a pokeball as she moved back to the others, and the rather large, very strong bird pokemon came out of it. Roy tilted his head curiously as he sized up the situation, trying to understand it. Julia pointed towards the strange trainer's Meganium.

"MacGyver! You know what to do! Roy! Use Tailwind, then Brave Bird!"

MacGyver was so intelligent that Julia really didn't even have to order him around much, lest something not be going according to plan. He knew how to use his own moves as a support pokemon very well. MacGyver's eyes began to glow red and... nothing seemed to happen.

That is, not to any of them anyway. The mystery trainer's Meganium on the other hand, would definitely see something nobody else saw. The world began to take on a surreal red tint. All the pokemon nearby began to become visually warped in horrifying ways that started to cause them to resemble demons. Black, unidentifiable silhouettes with peering white eyes began to rise from the ground, their gazes locked on none other than it. MacGyver's own features seemed to become warped, the spikes on his back elongating and his cheshire grin extending to comical levels. The sharp spikey features of his mouth seemed to curve now and his fingers seemed to grow claws. Lastly, but not least, the meganium would experience a rather painful headache, proportionate to MacGyver's own strength. It was Night Shade! Which is way more awesome to RP than it is in the games

Meanwhile, Roy used his power to generate a strong wind that seemed to always be behind everyone, and memetic in nature so that all of the nearby pokemon, except the meganium, would recieve it's benefit. Using this boost in speed, Roy proceeded to rise into the air a ways before tucking his wings against his side and diving down at the mystery trainer's meganium. The sheer force he carried along with his life orb and the natural power his species carried made this attack especially devastating. Julia waited tensely. There should've been no reason a grass pokemon could withstand an attack like this. The weakness was overkill. However, Julia wasn't here to show off. She was here to do her job, and that meant not needlessly holding back.

Julia pulled out an ultra ball and seemed to hesitate. It was Entei's pokeball. A flashback occured. Fire was everywhere. One of her friends in the hospital. /Burns/. Julia realized she was... afraid. She was afraid of this pokemon, of it's power. She could still feel where she herself had recieved burns. They'd all been cooked alive that day, and only their combined strength, powerful tactics, and perhaps even luck had allowed them to overcome the encounter as well as they did, perhaps at all. Thus, she froze up. She wasn't sure she /wanted/ to send this pokemon out! Perhaps things would be fine! Perhaps this trainer wouldn't surprise her. Perhaps she could just... avoid this. Or at least, that's what she told her self.

Back