• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I really like the direction this hack is going (being a fantastic remake). It's by far one of the best betas I've ever played, even if it is to your liking and not to others (nothing wrong with that).

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but there's a minor tiling error in the north part of the Underground Path, the movement permissions are one tile off on the fourth tree down from the right.

Also, I think it might be cool to give the player a reward for returning that poor dude's Dig TM in Cerulean, since it seems he will just keep being sad about it forever the way it's scripted now (IIRC, he thanks you in FRLG and lets you keep it). Maybe a Lucky Egg or an Exp Share? Then just make Dig buyable late in the game so you choose whether you want it.

Either way, nice job on the Beta.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
How does mukrow evolve in this game? I tried moon stone and it didn't work.
Otherwise the game is great (charmander is quite weak without dragon rage, early flamethrower, metal claw and evolve at lv 36). But I think the Tm are too overpowered. Thunderbolt, Scald and X-Scissors after gym 3 and some pokemon can sweep the game with it: magneon, nidoking, stayu (soon to be starmie) and X-scissors mukrow that can kill an electric gym with faint attack.
Murkrow evolves via Dusk Stone, just like the official games. The Dusk Stone will be available in the Underground Market after beating the 4th Gym, which isn't in Beta 1.

And also I'm addressing the issue about Misty using Scald, since I didn't realize Scald was 80BP, for some reason I assumed it was 65BP. Misty will revert back to Water Pulse in the next release.

Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but there's a minor tiling error in the north part of the Underground Path, the movement permissions are one tile off on the fourth tree down from the right.

Also, I think it might be cool to give the player a reward for returning that poor dude's Dig TM in Cerulean, since it seems he will just keep being sad about it forever the way it's scripted now (IIRC, he thanks you in FRLG and lets you keep it). Maybe a Lucky Egg or an Exp Share? Then just make Dig buyable late in the game so you choose whether you want it.

Either way, nice job on the Beta.
Thanks for the tile error noticing, I've fixed it for the next release.

As for the Dig guy in Cerulean, it's actually in the script for him to have different dialogue when conditions are met, I just forgot about using the correct flag when I scripted the Team Rocket Grunt. It's an easy fix, and I will take care of it.

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
I know who is the Viridian City's Gym Leader is. It is Daisy your main rival older sister.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
its well known that choosing bulbasaur in Rby games is literally "easy mode" at least for the first few gyms. So i think its better if you make it harder for bulbasaur players rather than gimp charmander users further. (i mean like kabuto? omanyte? bulbasaur laughs at these). I would put in something like anorith/nosepass where theres no X4 grass weakness bulbasaur can just abuse.

and yeah scald is too OP for a 2nd gym (assuming scald works like it did in BW), you literally have to use a grass type and/or be overgrinded or you are finished.

(edit: well at least its not as hard as say, blazeblack2 challenge mode where you have things like toxic spikes/gunk shot/explosion/eviolite koffing with flamethrower by the 2nd gym)

Last edited:

DXGhost

Dark Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 17, 2015
This hack is by far my favorite one, it's a twist on an old favorite with lots of challenge to it as well. I actually enjoy the level curve, it makes it more interesting.
Also the whole Scald thing at the 2nd Gym wasn't too much of an issue for me, then again I think i had a Magneton by then, didn't have a single Grass type on my team. After completing the beta i have
LV32 Wartortle
LV29 Murkrow
LV29 Graveler
LV28 Magneton
LV28 Primeape
LV28 Drowzee
Don't think I've blacked out once yet, now i just wait patiently for the next update, excellent work Chaos Rush!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
its well known that choosing bulbasaur in Rby games is literally "easy mode" at least for the first few gyms. So i think its better if you make it harder for bulbasaur players rather than gimp charmander users further. (i mean like kabuto? omanyte? bulbasaur laughs at these). I would put in something like anorith/nosepass where theres no X4 grass weakness bulbasaur can just abuse.

and yeah scald is too OP for a 2nd gym (assuming scald works like it did in BW), you literally have to use a grass type and/or be overgrinded or you are finished.

(edit: well at least its not as hard as say, blazeblack2 challenge mode where you have things like toxic spikes/gunk shot/explosion/eviolite koffing with flamethrower by the 2nd gym)
Misty's TM will be changed back to Water Pulse by next release, I actually didn't realize that Scald was 80BP.

But for "screwing Charmander over", I really don't see a problem with throwing Pokemon like Kabuto and Omanyte at the player, after all, it's not like Game Freak actually intended for players to pit Charmander against Brock's Onix in Gen I anyway, and it's not like I intended for players to pit Charmander against Omanyte and Kabuto. Why else would they give Nidoran Double Kick? There's nothing that stands out about Nidoran that it would naturally learn Double Kick, it's as blatantly obvious that they gave it that to help with Brock as it is with FR/LG Charmander learning Metal Claw.

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I think that this hack is amazing, but i don't like the part where you said "This hack is for me" I don't know how to say it, but that form of thinking is wrong. the other things are fine except Charmander, but the other things are good, i want this hack finished with the fixes of levels and other things, im waiting for it.
pluginta.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I think that this hack is amazing, but i don't like the part where you said "This hack is for me" I don't know how to say it, but that form of thinking is wrong. the other things are fine except Charmander, but the other things are good, i want this hack finished with the fixes of levels and other things, im waiting for it.
pluginta.png
To create a hack catering to everyone's needs is impossible, because everyone has different preferences.

To create a hack catering to my needs, ideas, and preferences is fully possible.

Years
To create a hack catering to everyone's needs is impossible, because everyone has different preferences.

To create a hack catering to my needs, ideas, and preferences is fully possible.
Wise words from a rom hacker!! Haven't started playing this hack but will do after finishing all quest from liquid crystal!! I like your style!!

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017

Yeah you say it, if you don't listen the other preferences, you are the only one that is going to fully-enjoy the hack, if you only do the hack for you, ONLY YOU, then don't post it and don't hesitate for the other people opinions. When osmeone shares a rom-hack is because the person wants that the people enjoy it, and when there is a problem that is REALLY a problem he fix it or change it because he truly wants to share his fun with the others, the words you say and the form you comment are empty if we compare the comments of romhackers that listen to all opinions and ideas to make a hack that everybody can enjoy.
pluginta.png
pluginta.png

Last edited:
Years
Chaos Rush listens to other people suggestions.. But suggestion that is on line with his ideals and how he sees his game.. After all, he is making this hack for himself so we can see how he think the ideal pokemon game is..
If there is REALLY a problem, I think he will fix it..

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I think I found a glitch.
After I've beaten by Misty, I can battle the Rocket Grunt at the Nugget Bridge again.
Now I have 10 Nuggets lol.

Anyway, excellent work, I enjoyed this hack. :)
I wish you the best of luck.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Misty's TM will be changed back to Water Pulse by next release, I actually didn't realize that Scald was 80BP.

But for "screwing Charmander over", I really don't see a problem with throwing Pokemon like Kabuto and Omanyte at the player, after all, it's not like Game Freak actually intended for players to pit Charmander against Brock's Onix in Gen I anyway, and it's not like I intended for players to pit Charmander against Omanyte and Kabuto. Why else would they give Nidoran Double Kick? There's nothing that stands out about Nidoran that it would naturally learn Double Kick, it's as blatantly obvious that they gave it that to help with Brock as it is with FR/LG Charmander learning Metal Claw.

er my point is not to screw charmander users over, BUT to give bulbasaur users a tougher time rather than just LOL VINE WHIP OHKO everything in the first gym. but its rock type so theres only so much you can do, thats why i suggest something like anorith/nosepass.

but its your hack so i respect whatever you will do.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
If i download the Beta, can i use the save file in the final release or do i have to just wait for it to be released? And yeah, amazing work CR, this hack made even made me to join the forums :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Quick little correction to note - when you use TM 23 to teach Draco Bullet, the description of the move still matches Iron Tail. But only when viewed from the TM case, not when viewed from a Pokemon's move sets. Basically, you need to try to teach something Draco Bullet to find out what it does.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
If i download the Beta, can i use the save file in the final release or do i have to just wait for it to be released? And yeah, amazing work CR, this hack made even made me to join the forums :D

Quick little correction to note - when you use TM 23 to teach Draco Bullet, the description of the move still matches Iron Tail. But only when viewed from the TM case, not when viewed from a Pokemon's move sets. Basically, you need to try to teach something Draco Bullet to find out what it does.

Both of your guys' points were already addressed in the notepad file that comes with Beta 1, that I literally titled, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING"...

Yes, you can continue your current save file from Beta 1 in future releases (though if you do so, there might be some glitch with the Rocket Grunt on the Nugget Bridge due to me changing the variable in order to fix it), and as for the TM descriptions, I specifically said in the attached notepad file that I haven't edited those yet.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I think I've found some minor things. The first I've noticed is, when obtaining Flash, a minor typo (surrouning vs surrounding). Further on, there's a Cut tree on Route 9 that causes freezing when interacting with it, near the Eastern end Hiker by all the ledges. Perhaps it lacks a script? I've also noticed that when a Pokemon activates Flash Fire a second time, it produces a text error. This seems harmless.

Errors aside, I'm immensely enjoying this re-imagining of Kanto. I can't wait for the final release!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I think I've found some minor things. The first I've noticed is, when obtaining Flash, a minor typo (surrouning vs surrounding). Further on, there's a Cut tree on Route 9 that causes freezing when interacting with it, near the Eastern end Hiker by all the ledges. Perhaps it lacks a script? I've also noticed that when a Pokemon activates Flash Fire a second time, it produces a text error. This seems harmless.

Errors aside, I'm immensely enjoying this re-imagining of Kanto. I can't wait for the final release!

Thanks for pointing those out. The cut tree thing and the typo will be fixed by Beta 1.1. (I know it's taking awhile but I'm pretty busy now, working 30 hours a week while going to school while trying to maintain my fitness)

As for the Flash Fire thing, I have absolutely no idea how to fix that...

Back