• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I get this game?

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2007
I'm going to get a Wii very soon, and I was wondering if i should buy this game. I have Pokemon Pearl, and I want to know if this game is worth the 50$

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Definately worth it in my opinion. I first thought of it as a waste of cash until my brother bought it. Its incredibly fun to play with a friend and just as fun to play with random people across the world.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
yeah I just asked the same thing a few days oga :) and I didnt have a wii either but now I do and I am getting the game in a few days :) the only bad thing about the game is that theres no story mode :/

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
In my opinon its your choice, cause' 9 out of every 10 Wi-Fi fights has like 3 or more ubers, It gets me so mad that these people have to use ubers just to win. Otherwise, a side from that its a great game, my trainer looks cool :D

ihw666

Item Master!
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 29, 2009
whats the story of this game like whats it about?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2007
The point is really simple all you do is basically battle a variety of trainers and earn points to customize your character and bring your ds battles to the big screen

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
WAIT FOR IT!
Seriously, it's not worth 50 bucks. Get it used or wait for a price drop.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
He's only saying that because it has no mini-games, which was never the point of Pokemon at all.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
Never the point of pokemon at all, which is why there are minigames in the handheld games, which is why they are in all of the other stadium games, which is why they were in hey you pikachu or in pokemon channel, orwhy they are in pokemon pinball.
Christ dude, Pokemon practically stands for minigames.

No, 3D representations of pokemon do not justify putting down 50 dollars. If you want a good Wii game, pickup Resident Evil 4 instead, it'll save you twenty bucks. Pickup Battle Rev. used.

Ichida

Years
AGAIN, POKEMON IS ABOUT BATTLING. You want Pokemon minigames? Play Mario Party and pretend Mario is Pikachu. The minigames are for the moronic children with short attention spans and for the type of n00b who doesn't care about serious training and battling. Games like Hey You Pikachu and Pinball were just filler games to tide the kids over until a REAL Pokemon game came out.

And screw Resident Evil, I'm not into gorey shooters, or w/e it is.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
Pokemon isn't just about battling, have you even seen the show? It's about taking care of your pokemon too.
The way you talk, it's like Pokemon is only for guys. Girls play the game too.
Anyway, I only said Resident Evil because it's new on the Wii, cost only 30 bucks (reasonable for a game that's been out before on every system), and because it's better than scarface.
The game is fine, but don't spend 50 dollars on it.

Ichida

Years
I know plenty of girls who agree with my views on the game. My girlfriend backs me up on my beliefs when it comes to competitive games. Don't try and make me look sexist when I never even specified that Pokemon was for guys.

Buy a game just because it's cheap? Fine, go buy some generic Mahjongg game for the PC. It's dirt cheap. :D

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
Hey, I never said you did, but minigames, like the dressup feature in pokemon diamond and pearl was obviously designed for girls.
Because Girls want to do more than just battle with their pokemon.

And no, if you're paying attention, I said also because it's a new Wii game.
If they made Mahjongg for the Wii, I'd get that for sure anyway.

Back