• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2vs2/3vs3 Team For VGC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. L

Tea.
Years
  • I tried to compete in the Pokemon VGC (Video Game Championship) this year but due to competitor number limits I was unable to do so, I plan to compete next year and after receiving a lot of help on an old account I have a team that I believe will do well in a double battle environment. I am creating this new thread to receive some more feedback and present my ideas for two additions I will make to the team if next years VGC is 3vs3 competition with 6 Pokemon on each team.

The 2vs2 Team At a Glance

473.png
    488.png
    384.png
    105.png

This team is be focused around the twisted dimensions of Trick Room. I built it following the rules of this year's VGC.
    (4 Pokemon per team, 2 ubers may be used; a list of the rules is in the spolier)

Spoiler:

473.png

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
    Sassy Nature
    Ability: Serene Grace
    252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 S.DEF
    Air Slash
    Follow Me
    Encore
    Heal Bell

Follow Me will be used to protect Dialga while it sets up Trick Room. If Togekiss hasn't been KO'd once Trick Room is set up Togekiss will either repeatedly use Follow Me to further protect Dialga and remove it from the field to make way for another sweeper or use Encore to lock an opponent into a move. Air Slash is there in case Togekiss gets taunted or a Bug, Fighting or Grass opponent is sent out.

488.png

Dialga @ Power Lens
    Quiet Nature
    Ability: Pressure
    252 HP / 252 S.ATK / 4 S.DEF
    Dragon Pulse
    Flash Cannon
    Protect
    Trick Room

Dialga will open with Trick Room and then attack the opponents with Dragon Pulse and Flash Cannon, I gave it the Power Lens to slow it down. This leading pair seems to work quite well together; the only thing that slows them down is Dark Void (Which is why I gave Togekiss Heal Bell).

384.png

Rayquaza @ Power Band
    Quiet Nature
    Ability: Air Lock
    128 DEF / 252 S.ATK / 128 S.DEF
    Air Slash
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball

A special sweeper that will replace Togekiss, it's moveset is designed to protect the teams sweepers (Dialga, Marowak and Rayquaza) from their weaknesses.
    Also, I chose Rayquaza as its Air Lock ability will sabotage weather teams, however because of this I want to give it protect (As weather teams will want it off the field as soon as possible, so it'll probably be double targeted when put up against one) but I don't know which move to replace with Protect.

105.png

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Brave Nature
    Ability: Rock Head
    252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 S.DEF
    Earthquake
    Double Edge
    Rock Slide
    Protect

Marowak will usually be the last member to appear in battle, Rayquaza is immune to Earthquake so there's no worry of hitting a partner and if Dialga is its partner then it can still cause high amounts of damage with Double Edge and Rock Slide.

3vs3 Additions

257.png

Blaziken @ Power Anklet
    Quiet Nature
    Ability: Blaze
    4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 S.ATK
    Earthquake
    Heat Wave
    Focus Blast
    Protect

In a 3vs3 battle, Blaziken would be sent out first with Togekiss and Dialga, Protecting itself for the first round and then attacking for the following rounds.
    My second choice would have been Dragonite, however I didn't want two Pokemon of the exact same typing on the field at once.

485.png

Uxie @ Focus Sash
    Relaxed/Sassy Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    252 HP / 128 DEF / 128 S.DEF
    Trick Room
    Helping Hand
    Knock Off
    Heal Bell

Uxie would be the teams back up Trick Roomer, once Trick Room is set back up Uxie will use Helping Hand on its teammates or Knock Off or Heal Bell if necessary. I gave Uxie a Focus Sash over one of the Power Items as Trick Room and Helping Hand (The two moves Uxie will probably use the most) ignore speed.
    My second choice for a back up Trick Roomer was Dusknoir carrying Will-O-Wisp however I chose Uxie as it is immune to Earthquake and I think its move set is more helpful.

Thank you for reading, all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I know the game mechanics of 3vs3 battles haven't been fully revealed yet and that next years VGC won't definitely be 3vs3, but I want to be prepared for both 2vs2 and 3vs3 battles. I tested this team (including the 3vs3 additions) in 2vs2 battles and they were very successful, the only battles they lost was when they were put up against teams that used ineligible Pokemon.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hmm....this team looks very familiar...

Oh wait, it's pretty much the exact same as THIS TEAM!

Anyways, don't even bother trying to make a 3 vs. 3 team. You don't even know all of the new 5th Pokemon/moves/abilities, not to mention the addition of combination attacks. It's just a waste of time at this point.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    -------------------------------------------

Hmm....this team looks very familiar...

Oh wait, it's pretty much the exact same as THIS TEAM!

Anyways, don't even bother trying to make a 3 vs. 3 team. You don't even know all of the new 5th Pokemon/moves/abilities, not to mention the addition of combination attacks. It's just a waste of time at this point.

^ this

~Locked~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back