• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you guys trade?

Lucarioark

Proud Pastafarian
Years
  • I beat all 8 gyms and got through victory road with a team I caught trained and raised myself during that game. Then I traded over my level 88 mewtwo from black 1 and just destroyed the elite 4. So anyway, what do you guys do? Trade over higher level pokemon every time you beat a gym, not trade until the game is completely beaten or not trade at all?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • "Not until I beat the game."

...is what I want to say.. But, truth is I traded over a Lv. 15 Petilil (holding a Sun Stone) and a Lv. 15 Shiny Absol to my White 2 from White after beating Roxie. Those were my only trades until I beat the game. Then I kinda went ballistic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2015
    I didn't trade 'cause I didn't need to. The, after I beat the elite four, I traded over a ditto to breed some pokemon.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I won't usually trade unless I'm ditching my starter and need a Pokemon in the beginning of the game, and then after the Elite 4 when I'm trying to catch 'em all. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The only things I have traded over thus far is Victini and Keldeo. The former because I wanted to see Victini get excited at Victory Island and Keldeo because it was on a friend's game who didn't want the legendary and he was moving so I needed to put it on my game. Otherwise I usually do little to no trading.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I used to trade them over to help with the Elite 4 but I didn't in B2 because I wanted to try defeat it with my team. and I did (:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I trade over my pokemon to another game so it'll level up faster and also so I can give it TM's that I don't have yet in the other game. I did trade over my Weavile from Black 1 to my Black 2 so I can have a strong pokemon as a back up just in case some of my other pokemon lose in the elite 4.

Tranca

Monolith
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I only traded Keldeo over, part of the fun of playing a new game is using different pkmn, and overcoming the challenges in-game.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
    Years
  • I only trade after completing the main game as my pokemon on my other games would make it to easy.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I traded like 10 eggs over before I even beat Roxie on White 2. I spent a week breeding them all for that reason on White.

But yeah I trade pretty consistently, doesn't matter how far into the game I am.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I trade over my breeding projects from past games as soon as I can, even if this means buying a lot of Poke Balls to use on Pokemon as trade fodder. I have the breeding projects hold Nuggets or Star Pieces to compensate for the money spent.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've only traded with myself once just before the 7th gym, I sent a Lv.51 Beartic for Drayden's gym, My Lv.100 Charizard just to have it ready for when I beat Marlon, and I sent my Lv.79 Mewtwo over too, 'cause once I beat Drayden I could use it if I got into a scrape I couldn't get out of. Oh, and I sent Arceus too, but I don't plan on using it. I have Reshiram and Zekrom at Lv.100 too, might send those over. I will try the Elite Four without the over-levelled 'mons first (well, might take the Mewtwo in just in case!), but if I'm failing or finding it too difficult, I'll just floor them with the Lv.100 ones.

I'll trade with myself extensively once I complete the game, just to get my dex done.

Years
  • I've never trade over stronger pokemon, usually only after Elite 4 and for the sole purpose of quickly filling up my pokedex. I prefer to use pokemon I caught in game for battling so each of my games has a different set of pokemon I use to battle.

Years
  • I didn't trade since I didn't see the need to until after I've at least beaten the Elite Four and Champion. I like to start fresh when new main series games come out and trade over to EV train/fight the Subway/fill my Pokedex once I'm done with the plot!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Whenever I start a new game, I import an egg, that's for sure, but I often also add in the odd egg or low level Pokémon once or twice during the game. Whenever I trade, It's always a Pokémon bellow level 10, unless it's a shiny, or I'm trading to my storage game

chazrader

Chaz
    Years
  • Im down to trade anything my names chaz and my friend code is 4599-7310-6946 :-)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back