• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Tacey and Achan, actually. I realized that I had just written two idiotic bad guys into the scene and couldn't resist. And yes, Achan is a Pokemon fanatic, though he'd never admit it. Especially not to Tacey. Oh, and I'm fairly sure that one of them might or might not be playing a Skill Drain Aggro deck, but that's up to you. I know for sure that neither of them play dark sanctuary since... SPOILER ALARM!!!!!!!

Oh, and one slight goof on my part. I forgot to mention that the Dark Sanctuary set was supposed to be unique. As is, I suppose I'd settle for Abidos and Miseres being unheard of. Now the question is whether Nicholas was the thief. Ooh... scary. XD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, I went for freaking amateur with a deck full of big dragons. Couldn't help taking a jab at the way characters in the anime always attack the solitary low-power mystery monster their opponent just summoned without checking the effect. xD

Oh, and I have no idea whether this was going to be an actual shadow game or not. Odds are that he was just bluffing with that anyway. x3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, the format of a duel in this roleplay is really open to the player, so I have no problem with deviations. As long as you give the basic information of hand and LP remaining, I'm fine. As for the color scheme change, by all means continue. To paraphrase a quote from Auron, "This is your story". Or rather, this is your story arc, as far as the inclusion of Miseres goes. Anyway, I'll be taking the liberty of a last-minute deck change for Achan. I'm dumping three double summons in favor of three Soul Taker, since that seems to be a nice little recurrable spell, as well as the addition of Wandering Dragon Muthaba in place of an Archer's Battalion. Oh, and trap jammer has become decree and I ditched Shield Crush. Sorry for the inconvenience here. XD

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Hurry up and get to the next destination so Michel can make his majestic comeback appearance! DX

I'm kidding of course, take as much time as you want, I'm immensely enjoying the emotional breakdowns of Tacey and Achan, plus I'm keeping myself busy trying to come up with a decent comeback post anyway... :3

Anyway, I wanted to ask about deck rulings, as in: how many can a character have, and can they be altered? I'm sure you said something about it before but I'm pretty, well, very forgetful. Plus, an outside friend is helping me with ideas for decks for some of my NPCs (one of them being him) which I'll run by the YMTC thread later on.

I'm also alive. *waves

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Nice to know, Phanima, since we're pretty much moving on to the next event once Tacey and Achan get home.

As for deck rulings, changes to the deck may be made at any time throughout the roleplay provided you have a plot reason for the change and an explanation of the presence of the new cards. Your character shouldn't have a problem with that since being rich means a whole lot of freakin' allowance money to spend on children's card games. Achan, on the other hand, has to scrounge if he wants to find something to improve his deck with. xD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, ACC continuously keeping watch over this OOC thread instead of typing posts isn't exactly speeding things up. *Brick'd*

Anyways, yeah...I figured the spirit matter in the last posts bears addressing. Tacey's spirit trio hasn't interjected because Tacey was so wrapped up in her own angst that she couldn't communicate with them. Sort of like a less extreme version of Judai's emo period during the society of light arc. She would have spotted black panther, but Achan caught her attention first. Now that she's transfered the torment to Achan, the spirits will be making a re-entry, though. :3

And...it looks like deck changes are made pretty spontaneously. *Pokes ACC's latest* Which reminds me...I have to figure out Tacey's Hereditary Title deck.

That aside...yay! Phanima's back! ^0^ *Confetti* Heh, you'll probably be needed after my online time takes the post-December nose dive. By the looks of it, the first few weeks of military duty are done without free weekends, so yeah...I'll have even less free time than I first thought. D= *Grumble* Stupid compulsory service...it's times like these that make me wish I was a girl. (still only put into service if they volunteer) It's sexist legislation, I tell you! Sexist! xO

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
*bricks AE* Take that, mortal fool!

Actually, as compulsory service goes six months sounds pretty short compared to the usual two-year length (which holds for all service including military) in most other countries with that requirement. Incidentally, I was wondering about what compulsory service entailed when I got a letter from the national guard. Apparently they offer some excellent benefits. I'm seriously considering joining up once I'm actually out of high school. Well, maybe when we pull out of Iraq to minimize my chances of actually ending up seeing combat. 0_o

As for posts... I'll do one later tonight. And Achan's deck change was spontaneous, but since he hadn't played with his new deck yet I was free to change it around, since it didn't conflict with the plot. That and as RP master I can get away with all. *shot'ed*

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
In relation to ACC-M's request, this will be a bump in disguise. *shifty eyes

Anywho, since the plan for Michel is to return at the beginning of the second round (Japan?) I was just wondering if posting a post on the details of his time away from the action would be appropriate to explain his absence or would it just get in the way of the current plot with the Shadow Duellists? Cause I'm fine either way but Michel is becoming somewhat irritated from missing out on all the recent action. XP

Seriously though, I can wait til the next round since it'd save me some trouble explaining 'his side of the story' but if it doesn't conflict too much with what's going on so far, then I might consider posting a post or two.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
*bricks AE* Take that, mortal fool!Actually, as compulsory service goes six months sounds pretty short compared to the usual two-year length (which holds for all service including military) in most other countries with that requirement. Incidentally, I was wondering about what compulsory service entailed when I got a letter from the national guard. Apparently they offer some excellent benefits. I'm seriously considering joining up once I'm actually out of high school. Well, maybe when we pull out of Iraq to minimize my chances of actually ending up seeing combat. 0_o

Well yeah, six months is short when you're not the one facing it, doesn't it?

Ahem, yes, I have the persistent anti-military whiners of this country to thank for that one. They've been applying pressure to shorten compulsory service times at every turn. x3

And I wouldn't recommend the military. No, strike that; I'd strongly recommend not going for the military. They've got enough shameless liars to put an established advertisement agency to shame (there are many uses for propaganda, you know) so you can't really trust anything they promise. At least...that's the way ours is. As an example of their methods: they hand you a 100-question 'yes or no' ticking questionnaire at 7 AM (after you've had to scramble your way into the city to attend the seminar where said questionnaire is handed out and have been put through about an hour of mind-numbing speech on how awesome the military is), give you about ten minutes to fill out said questionnaire, switch around the 'yes' and 'no' boxes at strategic points (Including statements like 'I feel that the period of compulsory military service should be lengthened for the sake of national security', 'I'm interested in further military education' (I.e. 1+ extra years to your service time <.<), and 'I am in perfect physical and mental condition and am prepared to perform a full-scale service period' (Which, if you think about it, really sucks if you have some kind of health condition)) and then tell you that you can't change your answers.

Yeah, I pretty much lost all faith in the 'moral integrity' of our armed forces after that one and I seriously doubt that their American counterparts are much better. <.< If you do go, watch your back, and always, ALWAY double-check and triple-check every piece of writing that requires you to sign or fill in something. They probably won't outright deny the truth, but they make a point of spinning and hiding the full truth at every turn and sure as heck don't tell you all you really need to know unless you press them about it. (or when you've already signed some fancy piece of non-revocable paper) At the same time, they go on about 'patriotic duty' and 'incredible experiences' with that perfectly honest and sincere expression on their faces, firm handshakes too...the works. I dunno'...I for one just hate dealing with people like that. ><

And like, I'm all for you posting again Phanima. But then, I'm not the one in charge of the plot, so...xD

Oh, and depending on timeframes I may have to delay the ebil plot of my two NPCs until after my service period. Ehh...depends on how much you peoples post and how quickly we get on to the second round.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... thing is that the National Guard isn't actually the "army" of America, per se. It is a branch of the military, but members are usually deployed as rescue units to areas that have been hit by natural disasters (ever hear of Hurricane Katrina?) or civil disturbance control. It's the disturbance control that worries me, since I don't want to be on the wrong side of a picket fence. (This information is all from independent research, so I'm not sure if everything is one hundred percent correct). Anyway, my Grandfather was with the Navy, so I feel a little bit obligated to do something for America besides sit around on my lazy butt and dream of getting a position as an editor at some publishing company or newspaper. Of course, that option is left open to me as America is completely without civil service requirements of any sort. That's why our army has shrunk- no draft.

Eh, we need to stop talking about armies. This is a roleplaying thread, we're supposed to be ESCAPING real life by entering a constant state of denial and playing children's card games when we should probably be doing something more productive by creating beautiful and meaningful works of fiction together. [/Idiocy]

Hmm.... alright, I've made a decision. Phanima, feel free to show up, since by tomorrow I'll have posted and the day will have changed. We'll be "leavin' on a jet plane" *shot'ed for John Denver reference* and flying to Japan. (Or will we?) Well, wherever we end up you will be there. Kaykayz, LOL?

Oh, and one final thing. If we make it to Japan without a certain few people who signed up for this RP posting (which I doubt that they will), I'll be allowing people to sign up for the RP again at the change of rounds. To anyone reading this: Note that the sign-up procedure will be extremely competitive due to the limited number of spots on the team (At the moment there are two that need to be filled) so you'd best make sure that your character is well thought out and your sign up meets all requirements. For these additional sign-ups, History and an RP sample WILL BE REQUIRED. They must be either PMed to me for evaluation or posted in the RP discussion thread. Alright, announcment finished.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Meh, I doubt that one branch of the military is much more moral than the other. At the end of the day, they have the same bigwigs to please. But yeah, enough talking about the military. (Because seriously, I don't think I'll ever get tired of bashing the military, which has a certain irony to it given that I'm about to join the ranks of the faction I'm bashing, if not in a fully voluntary fashion)

Aaaanyways, yeah, finally got that post done. It would have been done a lot faster if Tacey hadn't been screaming for a new outfit (I swear, the personality I've written for this little girl is going to be the death of me x.x) and refused the completion of the IC until that had been addressed. D=

Oh, and her brand spanking new decklist will be up tomorrow (well, technically it's today but you know what I mean).

That aside, I'm going to bed. Oh, and since I'm now over an hour into 2008, happy new year's too. ^.^

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, if we both post as often as possible over the next few days then yeah, we'll be able to move things right along. Actually I'm planning for Pegasus to make an announcement that will allow dueling before we actually get to Japan so we won't have to go through landing and whatnot before we get the plot started. If you wanted to duel your NPCs as soon as possible then have them meet on the plane and get the character interaction and card games underway.

Phanima, I have a request: could you possibly have Michel meet the others on the plane to Japan? It would speed things along a little bit and help Achan remember that he exists.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Sure, no problem, although I had actually already started writing my post but I managed to change it, since I was initially going to have Michel appear in Japan when Achan arrives.

Anyway, I just had Michel arrive at the airport in America and he's preparing to get on. Not sure if you wanted to meet him pre or post flight so I'll leave it up to you.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Wee-hee! I've finally completed Tacey's new deck! Sort of wonky, but I had to make it work with Hereditary Title and Miseres while still including both Pikeru and Curran, sooo...

Monsters (22)
1x Dark Seraph Miseres
3x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Marshmallon
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
2x Raiza the Storm Monarch
1x Royal Cavalry
3x Royal Emissary
2x Royal Enforcer
2x Royal Magician
2x Royal Paige
2x Royal Sentry
1x Sangan

Spells (10)
1x Brain Control
2x Court of Nobles
1x Creature Swap
1x Fissure
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Premature Burial
2x Shrink
1x Smashing Ground

Traps (10)
1x Call of the Haunted
3x Hereditary Title
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Judgment
3x Royal Legacy

List of custom cards (as usual)

Monsters
Spoiler:

Spells
Spoiler:

Traps
Spoiler:

Aaand...the way I was planning to get the card game playing to commence would require being on site in Japan as I just don't see Tacey dueling some random stranger on an airplane. o.O Okay, arguably Haruko could annoy the crap out of most people and make them duel that way, but...I actually have a little plan of sorts to provide motivation, so unless it's going to be a five-page plane ride I think it can wait until landing. ;3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Kaykayz. I'll speed along the plane ride, then: It'll be over and done with by my next IC. Oh, and we need you to post next, AE, as Achan is still waiting on an answer from Tacey and is therefore not able to notice Michel until she says something.

Hmm... my little sister just bought Disgaea 2 with her Christmas money and I've taken advantage of the fact that she needs to use my PS2 in order to play it to play the game myself. I don't know if you've ever played Disgaea, but Rozalin acts just like Tacey. It's freaky. And the male lead, Adell, has red hair like Achan's and he's forced to travel with her against his will. The resemblances end there, but it's freaky how much the characters have in common.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Really? o.o I haven't played Disgaea so I wouldn't know, but yay for freaky coincidences. :3 I've been told that another character of mine sounds just like someone from Phoenix Wright, come to think of it. Geez, why is it that my characters tend to resemble ones from games I don't know anything about? xD

And yes, I was aware, but I needed to get my mirage IC done too and I had been stalling that for a while already so I had a case of bad conscience. Ahh...the stress of RPing my characters out of plots. >0<

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Heheh.... to make things more coincidental, I've just reached the point in Disgaea where Rozalin is feeling a little bit ambiguous towards Adell as opposed to hating his guts because he wants to kill her dad. (Unfortunately, he keeps getting delayed by an annoying celebrity. XD)

Hmhmhm.... I'm thinking of throwing in the Yokai monsters at some point. They are officially my favorite set that I've created, and I only wish that I'd thought of them BEFORE the RP started.

(By the way, if you wanted to watch some of Disgaea while you still have computer access, all twelve episodes of the anime are up on Youtube. It's based on the first game so Rozalin and Adell don't even get to make a cameo, but it is amusing nevertheless.)

Ah, yes. There is only one spot left for a new character, due to the fact that another RPer will be joining soon. (Well, presuming that they figure out how to fix up certain underpowered monsters.) Keep your eyes peeled for their appearance, right after these messages!

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Two new rivals/teammates/RP-ers?! *legasp

Hmm, but I guess it'd be expected since you told us about them ages ago...regardless, it'll be nice to have some new blood around. :D

And I wouldn't worry too much about taking a little more time to write up a post, ACC, I mean technically speaking, you only need to post at least once a month and since I'm not going anywhere soon, it should be fine. :P

But then again, the other two might want a little more activity, but I guess it's ultimately up to you, oh great GM. o0

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
ATEEEEEEEEENSHUN! A missing RPer has briefly returned for posting duty! Cease and desist all other activities and salute or it's another lap around the barracks for you, dammit! >O

Nah, just kidding, of course. xD Except about the 'don't post' thing. I've finally gotten my first weekend off from the military, so seeing as how you haven't wrapped up my little subplot yet (Second week and still only one new IC? Some people here needs some good old fashioned military discipline xO) I can get that done before I go. IC should be up tomorrow, because I'm a bit exhausted tonight (reduced sleeping hours, 5.30 AM wake-up calls, 3 days in the woods, near-constant stress and a cooper test can do that to you) and need to check up on what has happened here, but rest assured, it will be done. :3

Oh, and hi. ^.^ *Waves*

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
... *salutes and hands draft card*

Wow... nice. You really saved my bacon. I couldn't write the post because I'm extremely paranoid about two things: Dictating Tacey's reactions and dueling Parasite Demons. I'm extremely scared about that.

So yeah, have fun this weekend. Sorry for putting off posting, but danged if beating Parasites with Wanderers and making the duel exciting at the same time is a chore. I mean, there's literally nothing to counter them because they're a completely different card than anything else, other then the usual S/T removal to get rid of barrier spells.

This is great. This means that Achan's inferiority complex to Tacey post can come later, against an opponent I've had in mind for him for a while....

Fweeness, I'm lucky.

But what in the name of blazes is a cooper test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back