• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meaning of your Name

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Yuki's Sword? Uh... actually, it doesn't have any particular meaning. I just like seeing anime girls being strong with swords and at the time I loved Vampire Knight so I decided to base it off of Vampire Knight. I thought "What if you Yuki Cross had a sword?" And then Yuki's Sword was born.

My main username, Palamon, I am still guessing the meaning of. I don't even know myself yet.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Caelus is the name of the Roman sky god. He was the grandfather of Jupiter (Zeus' roman equivalent) if I recall correctly.

And my real name, Kevin, apparently means handsome.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Well, my username is EGKangaroo. The EG stands for eastern grey, making my full username Eastern Grey Kangaroo, which is my favourite animal.

I was going to post my real name, but then Caelus just had to have the same name as me and post at the same time as me, so yeah. My parents really did give me such a modest name. Eugh, I hate it. It sounds so boring and arrogant.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sydian is just something I made up on the fly. It has no meaning. Then again, I could check.

Urban Dictionary said:
    A midget who has the power to headbutt you in the balls. Don't **** with him, he is nicknamed "BMG" or just "midget".
    Sometimes people will call you Sydian to suggest that you are short.

Oh.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Sophie- Apparently I was named after a main character in one of my Mum's favourite books that she read a few weeks before I was born, but Sophie comes from a Greek word which means wisdom, which is pretty cool. :3

Narnia- To be honest, it just sort of popped into my head. After abandoning my old username, I tried to think of some ideas and Narnia was the first thing that came to mind, so yeah! :3

Years
  • My real name, Brendan, can mean either prince, brave or (little) raven, depending on the origin that you're looking at. And my username is just a nickname I had growing up, based on my real name. No one really calls me it any more, but it just kind of stuck with me.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Synerjee is formed by combining parts of my real name, which I will not reveal here. It is also found that those parts of my name, when combined, produce a word that sounds similar to a real word that exists in the English language, which is 'synergy'. According to the Free Online Dictionary, synergy means "The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects." I like it. It relates to me very well, I think. :D

As for my real name (hover over my username to find out if you want), it apparently means "Worthy to be Loved", according to a name key holder I found. Beautiful meaning, my name. <3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Elendil is a High King of Middle Earth, and I love LoTR. Simple really.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Erica: ever-powerful, ever-ruler. Also another word for heather, a type of flower.

Lightning: Named this after an old RP character I had when I was like... 11. I'd just gotten into Yahoo! Chat RPs (all the Pokemon chatrooms were pretty much RP rooms haha) and lightning_the_baby_pichu was my favourite account to roleplay as. Kind of embarrassing to look back on but oh well. My account on an old forum was compromised once and I needed a new username so I went with this. Regretted it eventually when I realized it's a really common username so it was hard to secure in most places without adding parts to it. (Also now everyone assumes I got it from Lightning from FF13 but I don't even like her much. D:)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My username is simple - I named myself after the Shining Raichu Pokemon card, which was the most exciting Pokemon-related experience I could think of at the time I was making my name...

As for my real name, Andrew... I think my mother named me after a character from one of her soaps lmfao

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Airbourne Bubblun came from the fact I liked the WWE wrestler Evan Bourne, who was nicknamed "Air Bourne", and Bubblun has been my favorite VG character since I was 3. So I merged them together and that is how Airbourne Bubblun was formed.

Back