• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • Wow! Nice job!
    Can we buy berries and items (like lucky egg, etc)?
    Once you get the meteorite from Mt. Chimney, talk to Prof. Cozmo in Fallarbor Town to get the Lucky Egg.

I love Emerald hacks, and this one seems awesome. Just one question though, not really important, but with the added legendaries, does it play the wild pokemon encounter theme? Or does it at least play the Gen 1-2 legendary themes? I only ask cause I played Blaze Black 2 (Or Volt White 2, whichever was the hack for White 2) and I lol'ed when I got into a battle with Dialga then Palkia and it played the wild pokemon theme. Again it's not a big deal either way, awesome hack
    If you battle a legendary Pokémon, legendary music will play. Though, since I never looked into song hacking, I just used music inside Emerald. So, if you were to fight Dialga and Palkia, they would play Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza's theme.

Everything seems good however you might want to consider moving the elemental moves to level 6 or 7 on the starters otherwise your first Rival battle is somewhat ridiculous without absurd grinding and RNG.
    ...that's how their movesets are set up. That's not even a joke. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the 3rd gen starters learn their starting elemental moves before or at level 5.

Not sure if bug or intention, but the gift riolu has speed boost ability.
    Spoiler:
    It could have Inner Focus or Speed Boost. Speed Boost is a replacement for Steadfast.

damn the ups patch it's not working for me
    14.%20sneeze.gif
    How is it working? Are you using the program I supplied?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    I like to report battle tent works.I've played some hacks where it didn't

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    If you battle a legendary Pokémon, legendary music will play. Though, since I never looked into song hacking, I just used music inside Emerald. So, if you were to fight Dialga and Palkia, they would play Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza's theme.

Thanks that's good enough :) and Just wanna say, the hack is awesome so far; the updated sprites, new pokemon and moves, plus the HQ2x shader on MyBoy emulator really give old Emerald a new feel {XD}

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Once you get the meteorite from Mt. Chimney, talk to Prof. Cozmo in Fallarbor Town to get the Lucky Egg.

Yeah, but it was an example. I mean, can we buy any items (other items with BP or money), berries (salac, lum, etc) for Battle Frontier and story mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    well i have done everything and i just keep getting a white screen in the emulator.can u provide with an emerald rom that u know it's clean?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016

...that's how their movesets are set up. That's not even a joke. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the 3rd gen starters learn their starting elemental moves before or at level 5.

It could have Inner Focus or Speed Boost. Speed Boost is a replacement for Steadfast.
    well i used the program correct but i keep getting white screen

How is it working? Are you using the program I supplied?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    So bullet seed just disappeared after I used on my shroomish...I thought the TM's are reusable?

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! YAS! YAS! OMG OMG OMG! IT'S RELEASED! :D Great job man! You made AMAZING progress on this hack. Fastest I've ever seen, even if it is a Sideshow Showcase hack.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Yeah, but it was an example. I mean, can we buy any items (other items with BP or money), berries (salac, lum, etc) for Battle Frontier and story mode.
    Within the storyline, the Lucky Egg is the only item. Well, unless you count the Focus Band in Shoal Cave. But, other than that, it is available at the Battle Frontier.

well i have done everything and i just keep getting a white screen in the emulator.can u provide with an emerald rom that u know it's clean?
    Did you use a clean, English US Emerald ROM? And did you click "Ignore" when you patched the ROM?

So bullet seed just disappeared after I used on my shroomish...I thought the TM's are reusable?
    They are, I just used the same TM on my Tangela (Wigglywooo), and it was still in my TM case.

5/21/15 UPDATE: This is something that I thought about adding, but I'm still thinking about it. EV Training, easier to do in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but a nightmare in the older games, where you have to find and battle a Pokémon over and over and over and over again until you get the correct EVs. Well, I thought about creating a special area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. The reason why there are quotation marks around Pokémon is because they are technically not Pokémon. They are going to use the space between Celebi to Treecko. The 25 extra slots and I'll turn them into Pokémon that won't attack you, have low stats for easy KOs, can be hit with any move, and still give you specific EVs. Should I do it, or not even bother with it?

Last edited:

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    is there an item list? like can you get the stones earlier than lilycove?

also a grunt in the museum has a levle 64 corsola

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Nice job! By the way, do the Frontier Brains have new Pokemon too, or do they use the same Pokemon that they used in the Original Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    5/21/15 UPDATE: This is something that I thought about adding, but I'm still thinking about it. EV Training, easier to do in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but a nightmare in the older games, where you have to find and battle a Pokémon over and over and over and over again until you get the correct EVs. Well, I thought about creating a special area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. The reason why there are quotation marks around Pokémon is because they are technically not Pokémon. They are going to use the space between Celebi to Treecko. The 25 extra slots and I'll turn them into Pokémon that won't attack you, have low stats for easy KOs, can be hit with any move, and still give you specific EVs. Should I do it, or not even bother with it?

I'd like the EV training center thing. Certain pokemon who give good EV's are kind of annoying (Selfdestructing Geodude line ;-; ) So yeah I think if you can do it, you should give it a shot {:3}

is there an item list? like can you get the stones earlier than lilycove?

also a grunt in the museum has a levle 64 corsola

All the stones can be found in Mauville

Btw I know some move effects are glitched, but is it only for added moves or original Gen 3 moves as well? My Swablu used Steel Wing and its defense fell instead of the other pokemon, but I'm not sure if it's actually lowering my defense since it one shotted it lol

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • 5/21/15 UPDATE: This is something that I thought about adding, but I'm still thinking about it. EV Training, easier to do in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but a nightmare in the older games, where you have to find and battle a Pokémon over and over and over and over again until you get the correct EVs. Well, I thought about creating a special area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. The reason why there are quotation marks around Pokémon is because they are technically not Pokémon. They are going to use the space between Celebi to Treecko. The 25 extra slots and I'll turn them into Pokémon that won't attack you, have low stats for easy KOs, can be hit with any move, and still give you specific EVs. Should I do it, or not even bother with it?

Why not use those spots creating special Blisseys (one per stat: Attack Blissey. Defense Blissey, etc) that give us (at least) 3 EVs per battle and lots of exp?
    That would be heaven for grinders.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Why not use those spots creating special Blisseys (one per stat: Attack Blissey. Defense Blissey, etc) that give us (at least) 3 EVs per battle and lots of exp?
    That would be heaven for grinders.

That!
    You could add a npc that sells berries.
    You could add new "move tutors" who act as the Generation VI TM's (in order to complete 100 TM's).

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Maybe people will call me an idiot or something but i don't see nothing good with EV training places, espiecially with a fucking walking exp.bags. It just feels... unnatural and easy to abuse? Maybe instead of this just cut price of EV drugs... Imho it's much better idea.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024

It seems like everyone likes this idea, so I would get behind it. However, EV training might be too overpowered for pre-postgame. I would probably place all the EV training Pokemon in Artisan cave or somewhere else only available post game, that way we can still train Pokemon for the Battle Frontier, if that still works. At the least, it should available after the 8th gym at the earliest. That's just my opinion, though.

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
    Years
  • I would really like to play this game however I get invalid checksum when trying to use the rom. I've tried finding multiple clean emerald roms and to no avail (since coolrom is down). Could someone PM me the direct .GBA game that is already patched? Or a clean emerald rom because most don't work. And NUPS doesn't even open for me so I have to use tsukuyomi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back