• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choosing Favorites Review Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • [a id]tf2[/a id]

Content

[alink id="intro"]Hello everyone, let's play...[/alink id]
    [alink id="join"]Event information[/alink id]

FAQ

Bring your best

For this event, you will want to choose your favorite game of all time to review! Include images and anything else you think will help your entry stand out. We will be judging you based on written skill, quality of post, and flair!

Leave posts in this thread relevant to the reviewing event (for confirming you're participating and/or any questions related to the event. Posts deemed irrelevant will be deleted)

[a id]intro[/a id]

This game doesn't even work!

All the information you'll need about the upcoming Choosing Favorites review event.

Hello everyone and welcome to the first of (hopefully) many LPG&R events! In this event, we are tasking you fantastic Let's Players and reviewers with bringing your all to review your all-time favorite game! We're looking to get this area back into shape and, to do so, we need YOUR help!

The event will take place over the course of two weeks, starting Saturday, August 23, 2014 and ending Sunday, September 7, 2014.

To participate in the event, simply create a review for your favorite game of all-time. Use images, flair, videos, and anything else you can think of to put together the best review possible! Once you have crafted your magnum opus, post a thread here in the LP section and post your submission link to this thread! After the two weeks is up, the judges will deliberate and choose their favorite review of the bunch! The selected winner will be given a rare emblem! By rare emblem, I mean YOU get to create your own emblem! You'll be allowed to choose the text and image for the emblem and it will be displayed on your profile!

YOU, the members, will also be allowed to vote for your favorite review and the winner of the popular vote will receive a SECOND rare emblem! This means if the popular vote winner is also the judging winner, that person could receive two emblems that no one else can ever get! So if you've got a talent for reviewing games, this is the event for you!

Participants will receive an emblem regardless of where they place. To qualify for judging and voting, you MUST post your submission to this thread! If it is not posted here, it will not be counted!

[a id]join[/a id]

Event information

Specific information regarding the Choosing Favorites review event.

[h3][/h3]
    When: Saturday, August 23, 2014 to Sunday, September 7, 2014.
    Judging: Judging will be complete by Wednesday, September 10, 2014.
    Voting: Member voting will last until Friday, September 12, 2014.​

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • This sounds fun, I'm always up for more excuses to make reviews. That said...

...Apart from not really having an all time favorite game (though that can be easily remedied by picking from one of my favorites), I always feel a fair bit of anxiety about reviewing a game that I would consider one of my top favorites. I don't really worry so much about being biased as me not really being up to par as a writer nor as a gamer to truly analyze and represent it as much as it deserves.

So for now I'm undecided, but I like the idea for the competition. It's always nice to see pushes to get more reviews in the Video Games section.

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • Hmm, I've thinking about getting into reviewing for a while now, so why not just take this chance to jump right in {XD} But, my all-time favourite game? This will definitely take some deliberating, seeing how I have many favourites, and probably a future favourite (Sims 4) will be out during the competition, but I wont get it in time, but I still have so many to pick from... THE DECISIONS!!! {D:}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back