• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twin Horizons: The War-Torn World (Ooc thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
What?!? After I go through the trouble of putting an actual plot into the RPG, it has to restart? Oh well, I was getting pretty tired of the incompetent RPers here anyway (I won't mention any names). I'll be using the same characters as before of course. Do I still need to re-post my signup?

Also, I think it would be wise to put the restarted version of the RPG in a separate thread, just to make things more organised. It can keep the same OOC thread though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm, of course, still going on with the RP... Though I agree with Ninetales; it's going to be a bit confusing with all the posts before the restart. A new thread would make things a bit more organized and less complicated.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
cobja, hmm....not bad. Your explanation for the Aura-reading is a bit weak; perhaps his exposure to theri aura reading powers caused it to 'bleed' into him, to an extent? Also, be speicific with its range, and keep it minor. None of that "entire world" business.

Shelby, I re-read it, and I can't find any major gripes about it. It fulfills the requirements, and it had enough details, considering this is a first-timer RP.

I can give you my usual advice; try to imagine as many different diverse situations as you can, figure out how he'd act/react in said situations, and use that to help flesh the character out.

I'll read it a few more times, and try to put together a list of things taht could be improved, but otherwise, it's fine.

Just in case I forgot anyone, unless I've already told you you have something you need to fix, all pending SU's are accepted.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
I'd say we're full enough, but I'm, going to keep SU's open for late entries.

To make it even IC posting will start on the first, three days from now. That'll give everyone time to plan out what they want to do first, give the lingerers time to fix things, and give old members one last chance to re-join.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
Years
Oh, okay then, I'm otherwise locked and loaded and ready to go!
NOT!

Two last questions concerning the actual world.

What time are we in? 2010? 2004? 1995?

Are we still using modern weapons or is there going to be some sci-fi blended in here?

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
@shelby:

The timeline is MGS4-styled; in terms of the real-world, think 2016. Nothing waaaaay out there like laser beams and robots, but there's some pretty advanced hardware.

*Many real-world modern weapons are still in use, however, these are superior models or "successors." An example is the AK104, which is an improvement over the older model in every way, and the MP7, a compact and versatile SMG that is the spiritual successor to the old P90.
*Unmanned weapons are just starting to become a reality. There might be things like weapons drones and the like, but for the moment they're mostly clumsy and impractical.
*Vehicles are, of course, technologically superior. Better armor, better weapons, better hardware...
*Speaking of hardware, you've got things like the new Issen MK 3 Radar System, which is immune to most forms of stealth and chaff.

The IAS, Integrated Assault System, is a system loosely based on SOP that allows vehicles and electronic devices to "link;" soldiers outfitted with special optical (eye) gear can "share" visual data with each other, essentially allowing entire armies to share sight.

And more that will be revealed as the plot advances.

Remember, any questions about the RP, fire away; they help me flesh thingsa out and deepen and enrich the world.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
That's a matter of how the RP goes.

You and Flax are entirely responsible for your relations to one another. It's up to the two of you whether you end up best buds or bitter rivals. You can challenge other players to battles if you just want to fight, or you can try to steer the relationship in a way that leads to a battle (just remember not to leave character!)

Depending on how things turn out, there MAY be situations where one or more players end up in a non-friendly battle (for example, if two separate groups of players end up joining two opposing factions, and the factions go to war with one another, then the players might end up in a REAL battle with each other.)

Also, I'd just like to clarify this now. If you DO pick a fight with another player, PLEASE agree on the outcome. Don't just randomly throw in a "and then I beat all ur Pokemanz and won." There has to be consensus. And absolutely NO KILLING OTHER PLAYERS OR THEIR POKEMON, UNLESS YOU CLEAR IT WITH BOTH ME AND THE PLAYER IN QUESTION FIRST!! UNAPPROVED/UNACCEPTED KILLINGS WILL BE KICKED AND DELETED WITHOUT QUESTION!

*This rule does NOT apply to neutral characters or most NPC's.*

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
I'm a bit confused, though, of who of the old players are still in. I know a couple of you are, but I don't know about the rest. That's why I'm doing the whole "post here or be kicked" thing.

I was actually going to re-post the roster again in a few, after I finish a couple of things.

Flax

Bang.
Years
Flax isn't the character.. It's my name. But, whatever. :P

Anyway, seeing as how I'm gunna add in some Pokemon now.. Spark is pretty much consider useless. I was going to disable his ability to "transform" into his super-ego, but that would be very silly.

I'm adding a new character to the story. Spark is still participating, however he is no longer one of the player characters. Actually, if possible, he will be a recurring but minor antagonist for everyone.

Anyway, here's the SU. State anything that seems wrong.

Name: Ikarus Almond
Role: Trainer

Personality: A superstitious and paranoid teen who is very pessimistic about his future events, often showing little to no faith in achieving positive outcomes. Becuase of how misfortunate his life has recently been, he has grown apathetic. Being quite sarcastic in speech and often complaining about his own personal issues (neglecting everyone else's), he can act fairly blunt at times and occasionally seem obnoxious to everyone which tends to get him into mischief and trouble, much to his own dismay. Though misfortunate and misunderstood, he is in fact a very generous and respectful person at heart - which is a trait of his that most people tend to miss spoting, even Ikarus himself doesn't fully acknowledge this fact. He is fairly hesitant when dealing with extreme situations but occasionally comes up with effective retorts to most of his own problems.. although it usually ends up backfiring one way or another.

Sociably, Ikarus may undoubtbly be seen insenstive and blunt with his sarcastic and childish comments, but rarely does he ever have any intentions to offend others and their personal feelings. Being a little lecherous, he has occasional difficulties when dealing with girls. Difficulties as in often making silly remarks and perverted jokes about a female's presense, which for the most part, inevitably gets himself into trouble. Ikarus also has issues dealing with Pokemon, mainly because he's completely clueless on what Pokemon exactly think about.

Appearance: Standing 5'10" tall, he has a skinny body build. He has natural brown hair that's medium-long, straight and somewhat spikey around. Ikarus wears a white collared t-shirt (easily gets dirty) and a pair of blue worn-out jeans. Though he usually tucks in his shirt in order to look "neat and tidy", it eventually comes out loose. Ikarus wears two different colored socks (red and white) but this is barely noticeable. Ikarus also wears white and black stripped velcro shoes. He wears these shoes in order to prevent himself from accidentally "tripping on his own shoe laces". As the Velcro shoes were intended for children, his feet ends up getting sore because of how tight the velcro shoes are. It also doesn't help Ikarus for the fact that many cannot restrain themselves from making a witty comment about him wearing these shoes. For additional accessories, Ikarus wears an old watch (which often tells the wrong time) on his left wrist. He also wears two dog tags, bearing the names "Axl" and "Red". His eyesight is limited, so occasionally he may wear a pair of glasses. He keeps a few spare pairs, in case his current ones break. And it's not rare to see his glasses getting badly damaged..

Background: Born in the city of Veilstone, Sinnoh. As he is not fond of travelling, he often stayed home on a daily basis, perfering the comfort of his residence. So, he was a bit of a hermit. He perfered staying home, mainly because there was less chance of getting himself into mischief and trouble since there aren't as many hazards in his house as they are outside.

He was notable as an imfamous gambler, who often paid occasional visits to the Veilstone Game Corner - which is where apparently, his bad luck started to develop. Feeling taunted and pressured by a few friends, Ikarus was stubborn about winning enough much coins so that he could get a TM for himself. He ended up losing nearly 12,000 coins to the same slot machine which he was on for countless of hours - and ended up using nearly all of his own money to gain additional coins.. which was wasted on the same slot machine once more. And eversince that embarassing and disasterous incident, Ikarus began to grow pessimistic as his life was tainted, having to suffer a series of misfortunate events that have lead Ikarus a long road of pain and misery.

His most recent misfortunate event is when he went off to search for his missing Pokemon that ran away from the house, when Ikarus accidentally fell asleep when he was supposed to look after it. Leaving the house only for brief moments, Ikarus ended up rolling down a rocky hill and lost consciousness once he hit the bottom. He quickly woke up afterwards, shocked with awe and displesure as he found himself in the middle of a wasteland.

Special Skills: Ikarus has no outstanding aptitudes nor does he have any natural talent. Supposedly, an unique characteristic that Ikarus possesses would most likely be his unnatural, uncanny and ungrateful luck. Ironically enough, sometimes his luck may actually end up being beneficial for Ikarus, depending in what situation he may be in. For physical traits, Ikarus is somewhat athletic, but he has his limits and shouldn't be treated as someone who's very strong.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back