• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire red team

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    I'm just about to challenge the Elite Four on Fire red (I know it doesn't really matter that much about your team ingame, but I don't want to make bad decisions). Please can you look at my team and tell me how to make it better?

This is my team atm:

Dragonair lv34 Bashful Nature

Thunder Wave
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Slam

Ability: Shed Skin

I am planning to evolve Dragonair into a Dragonite later on, so which moves should I teach it?

Snorlax lv34 Careful nature

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Snore

Ability: Immunity

Pidgeot lv38 Calm nature

Fly
    Steel Wing
    Wing Attack
    Aerial Ace

Ability: Keen Eye

Arcanine lv39 Relaxed nature

Bite
    Take Down
    Secret Power
    Flame Wheel

Ability: Flash Fire

Jolteon lv39 Bold nature

Shock Wave
    Sand Attack
    Double Kick
    Quick Attack

Ability: Volt Absorb

Blastoise lv46

Bite
    Blizzard
    Surf
    Toxic

Ability: Torrent

I just bought Thunderbolt from the Game Corner, and I don't know if I should teach it to Dragonair/Dragonite or Jolteon.

If needed I can post the stats.

Thanks for your help!

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Well, before I get into anything about your movesets, you need to level up this team a lot. Each Pokemon should be in mid 50s - 60s as of now if you want to beat the Elite Four. I didn't even win using a Level 99 Venusaur, so it's very important you level up. The champion's highest-level Pokemon is level 63, and that's about 15 levels above your best guy. Yikes.

So first, I'd say level up. I'll actually let someone else do the movesets, not very good at that.

VDRS

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    These would be good movesets for your team in game or against the E4 but you need to have all of them at least Lvl 50+ or you'll need many Max revives and Full restores.

Dragonite
    Extreme Speed
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    EQ

Snorlax
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Sleep talk

Pidgeot
    Toxic
    Steel Wing
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace

Arcanine
    Crunch
    Flare blitz
    Will O wisp
    Morning Sun

Jolteon
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Double Kick (Filler) Hidden power (Grass or Ice if poss)
    Quick Attack (Filler)

Blastoise
    Yawn
    Ice beam
    Surf
    Toxic

Hope this helps.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • These would be good movesets for your team in game or against the E4 but you need to have all of them at least Lvl 50+ or you'll need many Max revives and Full restores.

Some of those sets take into account 4th gen moves. This is a 3rd gen team :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Good advice and everything, but how do I teach pokemon moves that they don't learn and aren't TMs?

Ignore VDRS, he apparently didn't notice this is for FR, not for DPPt.

Other than leveling-up your Pokemon, your movesets aren't bad for an in-game team at all. One thing I would suggest is to put Return over one of your Flying type moves on Pidgeot, so you have a little more type diversity in there. I'd use your Thunderbolt TM on Jolteon, where it will be able to use it the most effectively. Probably over Sand Attack, as with the lower PP of Thunderbolt, it's nice to have a secondary electric move. Dragonair/Dragonite-wise, when it evolves, a decent moveset could be Outrage/Surf/Earthquake/Fly for in-game, as it nets you decent coverage.

Back