• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my First OU team

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Hey guys. This is my first OU team I ever made and wanted to see what you guys think. I am prepared to make alot of changes so just tell me what you think, all suggestions are good, and please help me make my team even better. thanks guys.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Hasty Nature (+Speed , -Defense)
    Stealth Rock
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    This is my lead pokemon. Originally it was going to be Azelf but then found out that I cant get it in heartgold :( but w/e because I think Infernape makes a pretty good lead due to his speed which is at 330. I could definatly replace him tho with a new lead and use him somewhere else or can him. tell me what you think.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Speed , -Attack)
    Subsitute
    Painsplit
    Focus Punch
    Shadow Ball
    I plan on using Gengar as a Revenge Killer.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Bounce
    Gyarados is going to be used as my Physical Sweeper

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Crunch

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Jolly/Adamant (Not sure which one i want still debating)
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Stone Edge
    Superpower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Pursuit
    Aqua Tail

Still debating over Tyranitar because I kinda just threw it in there to fill the extra spot.

Well, this is the team I made and please help me improve it. I'd love to hear all your suggestions and Thank you.

alot of view but no comments. Please please comment i really need the help

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Lead Ape needs Fake Out or else it loses to most Focus Sash leads.

I think you mean Focus Blast on Gengar, lol :x

I would also consider putting a Scarf on Tyranitar, otherwise offensive Starmie can cause some very big problems for you. Not to mention the Band set is pretty outdated.

Otherwise, not a terrible team.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    U r right i did mean focus blast :) thanks for the input. And i recently took out tyranitar and put in a Wish Vaporeon. I love it. Ive won 3/4 times on shoddy so far with this team so pretty excited to make it on the real heartgold game. Does Fake out automatically flinch the target? if so thats a great move

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fake Out only flinches if you use it on the first turn your user is out. After that, it can't be used again until you switch out and in again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

dabridge

FalknerReidd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    That infernape lead looks pretty solid, though like you said Azleaf would probably be better

Back