• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center (Room 5)

Alice found herself staring into her dreamboat's eyes. She felt Butterfrees inside her stomach as Roxas asked her on a date. He seemed nervous about it, and she was too. It was gonna be her first date, and she could hardly believe it. With cheeks as red as they could be and a wave of joy spreading from her heart all over her body, she replied with a nod and a wide smile.

"Yes! Yes, I'd love to!" she exclaimed happily.

She grabbed his hands and put her fingers between his. Once again, she stared into Roxas's eyes, without saying a word, just enjoying that moment. She didn't even care if she was sick, in fact, she wasn't even feeling so sick anymore! Jello, however, wasn't enjoying that moment so much, and instead turned so as not to see the two teenagers.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Needless to say, Adrian was incredibly satisfied by the look of surprise registering on the other trainer's face. He took a look at the surroundings that the Gastly was going to be taking advantage of, and also noticed that the Dorm building was a bit too close for comfort. So, as he sent the ghost out, he told him a simple attack plan -- get the Wartortle angry enough to chase him to a different area. The strategy had two purposes -- first off, the Wortortle would be more susceptible to attack, making it easier to wear down. Also, if things got hairy, the place of battle would be far away from the dorm enough to where even a stray attack would do no harm if it flew out of control.

Fighting a stronger opponent wasn't a new thing to Gastly, but interruptions in the battle were. As he was Taunting the Wartortle into a rage and having it follow his voice, an older person shouted at them that there were battlefields for a reason. All the while, Mike yelled out for the guy to leave them alone. As for Adrian, he simply said sorry, but there was something going on. Unfortunately, the battle was already in full swing, and by now the Gastly had hit the Wortortle with a Toxic attack, and narrowly avoided getting crunched up by a wild Bite attack. At least they were rapidly moving away from that direction, and Adrian was forced to put the guy on hold, as he and his Larvesta hurried towards the next part of the impromptu field.

By this time, the Wartortle had worked itself up into a good rage. It fired Ice Beams everywhere, but it was showing obvious signs of wear and tear from the battle. However, it got lucky with a particularly strong Ice Beam, and hit the Gastly dead center. Its concentration having been broken, the Gastly became fully visible, quite some distance from the Wartortle. By this time, they were both well away from the start of the battlefield, and the Wartortle was almost gone. The tired Gastly stayed well away, and the Wortortle finally went down after a while because of the poison. However, any hopes for the ghost staying in the battle were pretty much gone, because the battlefield, while slowly being heated up, was now like an intense oven.

Then came the Golbat, which took a Scary Face attack like a champ, and simply mowed down what was left of him with a solid Aerial Ace attack to the face. However, the heat was already getting to the bat, and he moved more slowly because of the parting shot from Superman. Adrian then sent out his Shellder, which sat there like a great wall. Or, he would be if he wasn't baking as well. Perhaps having Supernova make full use of her ability was a mistake...

He looked worriedly at the still-strong Golbat and his Shellder. Sure, he was partly a Water-type, but his suffering was immediately evident. The Golbat immediately went on the offensive, seeing its chance to strike, and the Shellder simply waited for the impending command.

"Now! Ice Shard!" Adrian called it just in time. Frostbite hit the Golbat dead-on in the wing, crippling it. However, the Shellder went down, and it was finally time to reveal his final Pokémon.

"Alright Supernova, light him up." Adrian gave the usual command with such a calm voice that he scared even himself, which Supernova had been well-prepared for. Her Drought ability had been heating up the entire battlefield over the duration of the battle, and it made her a world stronger.

She slowly crept out onto the field, her six legs carrying her forward with an easy stride. All she did was park herself in the most comfortable spot on the field, and use Morning Sun, followed by a ridiculously powerful Ember attack (if Adrian could even call that wall of fire an Ember attack). The crippled and worn out Golbat desperately fired off the only attack it could at moment's notice. It launched a well-placed Confuse Ray that sent the Larvesta into a daze, but it was too late. The powerful Ember attack knocked him clean out, ending the battle right then and there.

Adrian went up to heal his Larvesta of the confusion, and noted that the field they were in had a lot less effects of their battle than he'd thought they would. The ice must have melted when Supernova's Drought was heating up the field. He silently checked the status of his Pokémon. Two were fainted, and both a lot stronger. As for Supernova, she was a whole lot stronger from this. After this battle, there really wasn't a need to speak. He didn't want to offend the kid any more -- after all, his ego must already have been taken down by a sizeable notch or two.

Last edited:

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike Forde

"H-Hey, wait!" Mike screamed, not seeming to even be fazed by his defeat. "I just wanted to tell you it was a good match, and I had a lot of fun! You are the 2nd strongest person I've ever faced, behind Drake! Anyways, I also want to know if I could travel with you, just for a little while? You seem like someone who could really help advance my training. Your strategy outclassed my superior power, so I wanna know how you do it! Also, and I'm a little embarrassed to say this, I kinda need a friend, as my only one is still back at my hometown. So, how about it?!" Though his anger usually would get the best of him, his drive for training and friends were stronger. It seems he is growing out of his anger problems even before Therapy begins!

Cosmic Fury

Years
Adrian chose his words carefully. "If you think I'm strong, wait till you get a load of the teachers. There are battlefields nearby. We can do some training there, or at least out in the woods. I know where strong foes are as well, because that sounds even better."

He stopped, and turned around, leaning on his cane. "If you want to win all of your battles, you have to be intelligent. I cannot rely on my own strength all of the time, so I rely on my strategy to carry the day when I can't. That's how I do it."

He fell silent, and before Mike could respond to anything else, he threw out one last comment. "I'm not going to put this any simpler. If you really want to hang out with me and see how I train, you're more than welcome to. But the moment when you let your temper get the better of you is the moment you lose. The same happened to your Wortortle today."

He knew that the other kid would still be a bit shocked at having his strong Wartortle taken out by a mere Gastly, so he figured the lesson would serve him in good stead. I have to tell Superman when he wakes up that he shouldn't get the foe TOO riled up...

pokefan9900

Years
Mike seemed ecstatic, as he really wanted to see these "strong foes" Adrian was talking about. "Alright! Thanks for letting me come with you, I know you'll be able to help me train!" When Mike finished speaking, he quickly realized his Pokemon's conditions. Mike then stated "Wait here one sec, I gotta go heal my Pokemon! When I come back, you gotta tell me all about these 'strong foes' of yours!" Mike then ran to the Pokemon Center. I can't wait to train with Adrian, he seems like a nice guy, under all that seriousness! I wonder what is with his cane though?

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Path to Oak Town --> Abandoned Lugia dorm.
Iny, Walking down the path to Oak Town with Cally, Hears a Startling scream.

"Someone help!" Echoed through the air from the west, Obviously coming from the Abandoned dorm. Quick to forget her current mission, she slips the letter she made into her bag And rushed off to the lugia dorm, Ignoring the multiple warnings she received from people.

Quickly Approaching the Dorm she opens the doors. The dorm, While very Regal, is also very Decrepit. Very dusty Gilded furniture, was scattered around the room, As if there were a barfight years ago. Half burned Candles with hardened wax on the side laid down on the dusty hardwood floor and on the floor, Several sets of footprints upset the neat layer of dust. Quickly Choosing a pair of footprints to follow she heads further into the dorm where she starts to hear Faint crying. Figuring its from the same person who called for help she followed the source of the sound.

Turning down a nearby hallway she see's a girl on the ground, Crying at the sight of a sizeable collection of Ghost pokemon. Thinking quickly she shouts out to Cally "Quick, use Hypnosis!" she commands her small fox.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly sniffled and whimpered. She picked Lumina up and returned her to her Pokeball. She watched all of the Pokemon scatter, trying to escape the attack. "T-Thank you..." Holly whispered. She gasped as she heard a window break and turned around quickly. "M-Molly?" she asked, staring at her Munna. Molly nodded. "I had to go through a window to get in here. The door wouldn't open for some reason." She gasped. "Holly, look out!" she screamed, noticing a Gastly behind her tiny trainer. Holly felt a shiver down her spine and froze as she felt the Gastly enter her body.

Molly stared at Holly and shook her head. "No way..." she whispered. Holly looked at her and smiled eerily. "What's wrong?" she asked, her voice sounding like two people speaking slightly out of sync. "I'm your trainer, little Munna. You don't have to be scared." Molly backed away and looked at Iny. "Can you help?" she asked, forgetting the fact that people couldn't understand her. "Holly's been possessed..."

Cosmic Fury

Years
Since there was only one Pokémon Center close enough for convenience, he had his Pokémon healed, and was out of the building very swiftly. He didn't trust the crowds that came in and out of there. People were idiotic and stupid in large groups.

He ran his fingers along the head of his cane, which was shaped in the form of a steel dragon's head, that had been fashioned for him before he had left. He needed at least some rudimentary form of defense against those who would not honor the ways of battling with Pokémon to decide the outcome of things.

He already had used it twice since he'd gotten that cane, but he practiced enough with the thing back home to where at least it was more than just a prop. The dragon's head had sapphire eyes that seemed to burn in their own light, and they were set while the steel was still red-hot. It was always light with most of its weight centered within the steel at the top.

He had no idea who that blue cane had belonged to, but he ended up getting it anyway from the village elders to walk around with. However, he did hear rumors here and there that he was given an object blessed by the gods to offset the curse that he had on him, or whatever those superstitious people said. It just so happened that a cane fit that description, and he was told to use it.

So, he did. It didn't really matter about the stories behind the thing. It seemed to fit him perfectly though, and always seemed to be light enough to use, and strong enough to defend himself with. That was all that mattered.

He got his Pokémon back, and quickly got out, with the intentions of heading to one of the classrooms. After all, it always benefitted to know what one was doing when he got there.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Lugia Dorm

As the Pokemon Disperse from the attack, Several looking very sluggish as they leave, Iny lets out a sigh of relief. Glad to know that her impulse move worked she Kneels down and makes sure the girl is okay.

"T-Thank you..." The girl whispered back.

Iny just silently nods back, Not sure how to respond. Even more unsure when a Strange pink pokemon crashes through the window. As Iny prepared for a possible fight she glanced down at the girl she was helping.

"M-Molly?" She asked, Obviously familiar with the strange pokemon.

With that Iny relaxed, Standing back up she directed her attention to Molly as it gasped in surprise. Looking back and forth at the trainer and the pink pokemon, Iny was unsure what was happening.

"What's wrong? I'm your trainer, little Munna. You don't have to be scared." The small girl said with a dark look. Her voice sounding very odd.

Iny, Having no idea what she just got herself into, Quickly jumped back. Something was obviously wrong with her. She can hear the frightened pokemon behind her trying to talk to her. Iny, Despite not understanding a word of what it said, Assumes she's asking her to help. What could she do though? She got lucky the first time, This time its a human though. Panicking, She quickly issues her command to Cally.

"U-Use Hypnosis Cally!" She stutters, Getting ready to run away if it doesn't work.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly blinked as the attack hit her and frowned. "Stupid girl," she muttered, her voice still sounding like two people. Molly whimpered and nudged Holly's arm. "Leave her already, you stupid ghost," she said angrily. Holly's eyes started to droop. "I-I just wanted a friend..." she mumbled. The Gastly left her body just as she fell to the ground and looked at Molly desperately. "Please..." it whispered. "Please give me a friend... I'm lonely..." Molly looked at Holly, who was on the ground in a crumpled heap, and sighed. "It's up to her, not me," she whispered. She turned to Iny and looked at her sadly, hoping that she could read the question in her eyes. "Please help her..."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
http://i.imgur.com/kBdyRGn.jpg
|
|
|
|
|
|
Zen the Gardevoir

Path to Oak Town

2-4: Paths Crossed

282.png

"I see... So you couldn't possibly have any knowledge that might help me in my quest... Nonetheless, most Humans would consider themselves blessed to see such a wide variety of legendary beings. Unless you were searching for them, I'd count yourself very lucky. They don't appear to those who aren't good-willed and kind of heart... Most of them, anyways." She continued along the path at a gentle hover. "We're almost near Oak Town. The Smoothie place is right in the heart of town, but it's not too popular of a stop, and is fairly quiet--"

She took notice of Bai as she was toying with string and a feather. Bai then offered it to her, though she shook her head to decline. "Cresselia would be of no help to me, but I appreciate the offer... You shouldn't just hand it off to someone, that is a decently valuable item." She noticed that they were now in the town, and the bustle of townspeople was distracting. She decided to reply to the earlier statements about Cynthia though. "She doesn't want my presence, and I don't want hers; that's all there is to it. As for injuring students... I've yet to do something so severe. Hopefully I'm never given a reason to either. Despite what others think I'm not just attacking students, I'm defending myself. I refuse to be captured. One of them, ugh," she shuddered at the very thought, "I read the guy's thoughts... He definitely didn't want to capture me for battling purposes or anything long those lines. Sickening." She shook her head with yet another shudder. "Needless to say, I ensured that his ability to reproduce was halted, if not dissipated. That is the worst I've done thus far, and I'd say it was well-deserved."

Last edited:

pokefan9900

Years
"Oh god, where am I going?!" said Mike, completely lost due to lack of a map. "Maybe I should just head back." However, he soon realized he was stuck in the middle of the forest, lost. As Mike searched frantically for an exit from the forest, Pokemon attacked! A wild Mankey appeared and attempted a Karate Chop, but Mike quickly dodged and soon realized his only conscious Pokemon was Fang. He decided he had to do this, and released Fang from the Poke Ball. "Alright, Fang, I know your wing is damaged, but you have to fight!!!"

BATTLE: Lvl 20 Mankey

"Alright, Fang, go for an Aerial Ace!" Fang launches for an Aerial Ace, but the wing damage is severe enough to prevented her from doing so. Mankey then launched a Fury Swipes on the injured wing, making Fang permanently grounded from here on out. " Fang, use your Confuse Ray!" Fang then launched a Confuse Ray, hitting Mankey dead on and causing it to hit itself with Fury Swipes. Mike then shouted "Okay, Fang, now use Air Cutter!" Fang then swung its wing to unleash an Air Cutter, landing on one of Mankey's vital areas. The Mankey fell, and Mike threw a Poke Ball at the Mankey and successfully caught it. "Alright, I caught a Mankey!!! I think I'll name you...Porkchop!"

Mike then returned Fang, and ran as fast as he could out of the forest back to...the Suicune Dorm?! "Wow, I didn't know I was so close! Anyways- wait, where is Adrian?!!?" Just as Mike thought he was ditched, he saw Adrian coming closer from far away, and let out a sigh of relief. He then went to ask Adrian about a Pokemon Center. Mike then reached Adrian and asked "Hey Adrian, do you know where the Pokemon Center is? Also, do you know where the maps are?" Mike was very pumped up from the fight with Porkchop, so he was talking very fast. Before Adrian could speak, Mike also asked "Also, please stay here until I get back, I need to go heal my Pokemon." He then finally calmed down and awaited Adrian's answers.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong
"I'm sorry I can't help," stated Bai sadly. "But, I wasn't really searching for them, sometimes I stumbled upon them, sometimes they came to me, sometimes they helped me, and sometimes I helped them."

"I have no idea why you tried to save that lake from pollution when we didn't really have a type of Pokémon that would have been useful in that situation," stated Hei, shaking her head.

The faster that we could take out the Pokémon in that environment and the sooner we put them in fresher water, the lower the risk of them dying from pollution.

"You had no way to save the lake in itself and it wasn't as if we could keep all of the Pokémon that lived in the lake out of it while systematically giving them water for a long time either," commented Hui, yawning.

Well, then, we're lucky that Suicune came when she(?)/he(?), I never really got an answer for that, did.

Bai turned her attention back to Zen as she rejected the offer of the Lunar Wing necklace. "I don't really care for monetary value, but if there was any way that it could have helped you, I would have gladly given one of mine up. I do have about ten left that hasn't been given away or used myself out of the twelve I got from Cresselia. Plus, you're not just someone, Zen, by now, I consider you a friend…If that's okay."

Bai looked away, blushing slightly, but the intent was obviously sincere, but her eyes narrowed and her fists clenched when she heard about that trainer that was probably going to do something bad to Zen.

"I'm glad you did that," she said seriously.

"Guys like that shouldn't be able to reproduce," Hei stated furiously.

"For once, I agree with you," stated Hei firmly.

"You know, if it wasn't such a serious conversation, I would totally be complaining about the "for once"."

"I can talk to Cynthia if you want me too," offered Bai. "Seriously, if she knows, she'll back off and probably will agree with you in that retrospect. If you don't want me to talk to her, though, I won't."

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years

After Noticing that her attack failed She started to sprint as fast as she could. Although, when she saw the Munna start nudging the Girl's Arm she stopped, Almost tripping over herself. "Maybe it has an Idea" Iny thinks to herself, as she stays a considerable distance away observing what was going on.

"I-I just wanted a friend..." Said the strange girl, Her body falling to the ground as a large Smoky pokemon appeared from her. Her first instinct would normally be to help the girl but recent events left her Frozen in place, Her initial surge of bravery was completely gone leaving her Terrified and unsure what to do. She started regretting her choice in coming here as she started to slightly shiver, Afraid that she would be next. Cally started Treading backwards, Sharing the same fear as her trainer.

After what seemed like an Eternity, The Munna Turned back at Iny, Giving her the biggest puppy dog eyes. Knowing what she wanted, Iny Stumbled over to the girl on the dusty ground, Unsure of what to do to help her, she dropped down on the floor and starting to shake her violently. Looking up at the large gaseous pokemon she gave a small yelp and embraced the unconscious girl.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Steven Yew
picture.php

A challenge
Near Suicune dorms

Yew slowly clapped as the battle finished. It had been quite the duel. Thankfully, nothin but a few tufts of grass had been damaged, thanks to Tetra's light screen that she had erected around the battlefield. Yew then said, "Quite the heated battle, eh? You two seem to have what it takes to go far. I am professor Steven Yew of History and Mythology. Your names?"

Tetra, through all of this, had been distracted from the current human discussion by the Pokemon that had battled. She turned to the ghastly, who had fought valiantly despite his lower level. She mentally said, You fought well. If I may suggest something, though, try to move around more. It is especially effective when you circle your opponent. Not to mention disorienting. Just try it, and you shall see what I mean. Tetra then turned to Yew, returning her attention to the conversation right as Yew was finishing a brief introduction.

"Perhaps you two would like to challenge on that will give you a good fight? How about this: Two of your Pokemon against Tetra here. She should give you a good time. Isn't that right?" Yew asked Tetra. To the two boys, she said in her usual singsong voice, It is true. I would appreciate a challenge, for once. Do you two accept the terms of battle?

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Last edited:

pokefan9900

Years
Mike looked at the teacher, wanting to battle him as Adrian said they ere incredibly strong. "I would battle you, but my Pokemon are kinda damaged still. need to go heal them, but I'll be sure to be right back! Adrian, where is the Pokemon Center, again?" Wow, I can't believe this teacher wants to fight us! I haven't been trained yet for strategy, but maybe our two conflicting styles will confuse and maybe beat this teacher. I'll probably lose, but I know Adrian will put up a good fight. I can't wait to battle! Mike then looked at Adrian's cane and put on a curious, yet serious face. I'm still wondering about that cane, though...

Years
Holly Amarosa

Molly looked at Iny and smiled weakly. "Thank you..." she whispered. She glared at the Gastly. "What is your problem? Why would you do that? I don't care if you wanted a friend. Why would you do that to my trainer?" The Gastly frowned and looked at Holly. "You should be grateful. The other ghosts would have done something worse." It froze as the furniture in the room started to float around. "Like that. You guys are in big trouble," the Gastly said quickly, going into Holly's body again. Molly glared at him and gasped when a huge dresser came floating out of one of the rooms down the hall. She looked at Iny. "Let's get out of here!" she yelled, watching the dresser come closer. The Gastly came out of Holly's body for a second and frowned. "Guys, it's alright," it whispered. "They can't hurt me." Molly glared at him. "Get out!" she yelled.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
(Do note Mike would also understand Tetra, as it is her nature as a Gardevoir to speak telekinetically.)

Steven Yew
picture.php

Calm before the storm
Near the Suicune dorms

Yew grinned at the small, seemingly excite able boy, and said, "The Pokemon center is directly east. If you would like, Char here can guide you. He knows the path well." With this, Yew reached into his white jacket, and pulled out an average Pokeball. He tossed it into the air, and a moment later, the bulky Monferno was standing next to Yew.

Tetra mentally relayed Yew's suggestion to Char, and the Monferno was soon motioning for Mike to follow, leading him towards the Lugia dorm, on the other side of which was the Pokemon center. "Feel free to take your time, and prepare for this battle. It would be intelligent to..." Few said with a knowing grin.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years

Iny continued holding the unconscious girl on the floor, Half due to her unsure of what to do, Half in an attempt to calm herself as the two pokemon were conversing. Iny started to hear some rattling noises and noticed that the furniture was starting to float. Panicking she stumbled up to her feet and as she was about to pick up the girl the Pokemon flew back into her.

"Eeeeeeeeeeek!" Iny screams out as she falls back away from the girl, Landing on her back clumsily. She tries to run away in fear, Ignoring the Girl's whispers, but she Doesn't get very far in her panic.

pokefan9900

Years
"Really?! Thanks, Mr. Teacher!" Mike runs after the Monferno to his destined location. I hope he really is taking me to the Pokemon Center, I could use it! Also, I can't believe he's letting me train and prepare! I'll do my hardest to train all my Pokemon to the max!!! Mike then politely asks the Monferno to stop halfway to the location, and Mike proceeds to train his Pokemon, Porkchop. "All right, I'm done, let's continue, Monferno!" Monferno then continues to escort him. I can't wait for both Mr. Teacher and Adrian to see my new Pokemon! He's as tough as they come now! Mike then continues to run, struggling to keep up with Monferno.

Back