• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Because of it's 13 by 11 tile screen size does this mean you are going to have a different battle layout?

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Oh yeah. When you create a map, maybe you would have a world map indicator option. Meaning, when you open the world map, it shows where you are without any complicated stuff.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Or perhaps bigger? There is quite a demand on Pokemon games these days!

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
I have another question. Can you change Battle Systems for regions (Kanto, RBG Battle; Johto, GSC Battle; etc.)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Sorry i havnt replyed guys ill reply to all your posts later tonight qutie busy today :) had a game of golf got a mate over and going iceskating till tonight :P ill reply to all of your posts 2night b4 i go 2 bed

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
How many maps can you make? How big can a map be?
Unlimeted Maps, 27 x 24 is the max size.

What font will you have?
Im thinking of making it coustomizable.

Can you convert from RM2K/RM2K3? I am making a game in RPG Maker 2000 but I think this would be better.
No you cannot copy games from rm2k / rm2k3 / rmxp due to differing tileset algorythms.

Because of it's 13 by 11 tile screen size does this mean you are going to have a different battle layout?
Absolutly not battles will be totally exactly the same as Pokemon its self.

Oh yeah. When you create a map, maybe you would have a world map indicator option. Meaning, when you open the world map, it shows where you are without any complicated stuff.
No world map creator i will be creating somekind of World Map Creator yes but it is not a map. it is a small mapeditor roughly the same size as Pokemon with 8x8 Sized tiles each tile will represent Path Water Town Route ect.

if you could convert from rm2k/3 can you from xp?
Read the other question about this.

I have another question. Can you change Battle Systems for regions (Kanto, RBG Battle; Johto, GSC Battle; etc.)
No because Kanto joto ect are not specifyed maptypes it is just Output text that gives the user a description of where they are (as is pokemon)

you are able to add Pokemon on a game you can make on it can't you?
Well what kind of PMMaker would this be if you coldnt LOL :P

Okay hope that awnserd all your questions if i missed anyout please just Post it again or something and i shall awnser.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
U missed my question lol
"What exactly do you mean by G/S/C battles?"

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
What exactly do you mean by G/S/C battles?
Well each pokemon game "Gold , SIlver, Crystal" | "Red , Blue , Green" | "Ruby, Saph , Eme" has a theme for their battles

Gold Siver Crystal = a colourd version of the old gb games battle system
Where as Red Blue Green has a Colour themed battle system
And Ruby Saph and Emerald have nice Colour Battles this allowes people who wana make classic Game Boy pokemon remakes the oppotunaty to use the old battle systems rather than the new ones.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
I meant. Could you import a world map image, then under map properties specify the location the current map is on the world map?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
A lot of people seem to be gaining interest. I hope that you do well.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
Yup this is ownage
fan-made systems rule =p
if theyre made right that is...

Back