• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Roselia and it's post gen 3 forms I don't even know exist I treat the same way as Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, and Oddish. They're just grass types. I mean, aside from maybe Gloom, how often does anyone, the media included, really look at them and say "Oh yeah! Those guys are totally poisonous. Check out all the poison moves they're using".

I think it's funny, actually, that aside from Gulpin, my favorite poison types aren't really treated as such. Speaking of, I got a Bulbasaur in Y, like I said I would. I can't stop playing with her in the Pokemon-Amie. So cute. I even made a trainer PR video with her. :3

Haha, sometimes I wonder if I ever add anything to this club.

Nakala Pri

Roselia and it's post gen 3 forms I don't even know exist I treat the same way as Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, and Oddish. They're just grass types. I mean, aside from maybe Gloom, how often does anyone, the media included, really look at them and say "Oh yeah! Those guys are totally poisonous. Check out all the poison moves they're using".

I think it's funny, actually, that aside from Gulpin, my favorite poison types aren't really treated as such. Speaking of, I got a Bulbasaur in Y, like I said I would. I can't stop playing with her in the Pokemon-Amie. So cute. I even made a trainer PR video with her. :3

Haha, sometimes I wonder if I ever add anything to this club.

It's dissapointing that most of the Deadly's have useless move sets. D: It's frustrating, it gives me a reason not to have one, but hey, on my highly ignored Pokemon Black file, I have a Whirlpede and I am determined to evolve it and spam the highly anticipated Mega Horn. ^^

Awwwwwh, so sweet! :3 I'm totally getting a female Bulbasaur too, oh yeah, plus a fancy Fennekin to add to me team. How is Pokemon Y? :P

Of course you do! Your probably the most active member in the club! xD

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Ugh. Good luck getting a decent Bulbasaur. They make you WORK for the Kanto starters if you don't have people trading you eggs out the gate.

Mild spoilers as to why this process will be annoying:
Spoiler:

A local friend of mine already beat the game and is just going for a full Pokedex, and I'm still way early, but I did get a Charmander egg (female, lucky) from him.

So, to stay on topic, here's some poison points (see what I did there?):
  • Gulpin doesn't really faint. He just kinda shrinks and it's funny. It's like watching Pac-Man die.
  • Roselia horde is annoying. Might be the only time I've ever noticed the poison side of them.
  • Not Poison related by holy geez there's a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in this game. That's good, iMO because it was always my favorite set, infamous Kanto Pokemon I hold closer to the heart aside.
  • Speaking of, I saw a Nidoran horde on Tumblr. I know I'm odd so I'll just say I thought it was the cutest (and possibly most dangerous) thing ever.
  • Also, the same friend who gave me an egg for like a Scatterbug (he's the type who doesn't really care what I give him) also gave me a Nidorina, Nidorino and let me borrow Ditto to make my own Nidos early, since he knows I'm nowhere near the point of catching them. In fact, I haven't gotten farther than the daycare! The female Nidoran is just so cute like a chubby hamster-bunny monster. I like how they handled the Nidoran family's models and animation in this game. So much more appealing and not antsy like the Stadium-esque animations.
Right now, I'm just trying to pass what few egg moves to Nidoran I can, then I'll raise that, and THEN I'll continue the adventure. Also, found Spritzee! Wonderful, can't wait to get that Aroma...thing. :3

*rereads the above* Yah no, I don't really add anything specifically to the club. It's more of a coincedence that some of my favorites are "poison-but-not-really". I do more to just sort of talk about the fact that I like these handful than how they're useful or what moves they have. :D

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
S, koff~!

Where are Koffing? The Koffing for where it is for nowhere to see it be! (tantrum) I cannot find a Koffing at all. They aren't even on the GTS last time I checked! I really want to see what they look like in 3D and I'm really bummed that I may have to wait until December to see them.

I recently snagged a Skrelp offline and I'm breeding it to get what I want (I already have a Tentacool, but I'm up for something new) and I can't wait to see what it learns as it levels up!

Also, do we have a list for the new Poisonous moves up here yet? I think Poison tail is new. Or is it? It sounds familiar. Anyway, if anyone can lay their sticky fingers on a Koffing for me that'd be great!

Also, I've only come across one new poison type (Skrelp) and I'm wondering if there is a Poison/Fire, Poison/Electric, or a Poison/Fairy. I'd love to see a Poisonous Fire Pokemon. It'd be doubly handy for taking out those grass types, and if it had Levitate that'd be doubly cool, koffi~

Nakala Pri

Where are Koffing? The Koffing for where it is for nowhere to see it be! (tantrum) I cannot find a Koffing at all. They aren't even on the GTS last time I checked! I really want to see what they look like in 3D and I'm really bummed that I may have to wait until December to see them.

I recently snagged a Skrelp offline and I'm breeding it to get what I want (I already have a Tentacool, but I'm up for something new) and I can't wait to see what it learns as it levels up!

Also, do we have a list for the new Poisonous moves up here yet? I think Poison tail is new. Or is it? It sounds familiar. Anyway, if anyone can lay their sticky fingers on a Koffing for me that'd be great!

Also, I've only come across one new poison type (Skrelp) and I'm wondering if there is a Poison/Fire, Poison/Electric, or a Poison/Fairy. I'd love to see a Poisonous Fire Pokemon. It'd be doubly handy for taking out those grass types, and if it had Levitate that'd be doubly cool, koffi~

Awh, no Koffing? Oh crackers! That's such a disappointment! If I snagged one I would never stop lovin' it and annoying it on the Pokemon Amie. How is that, by the way?

Skrelp, eh? Doesn't really tickle my fancy, that much, since it's just an unattractive seahorse, but hey, all of the Toxic's aren't very well liked, so, Skrelp, welcome to the club. xD But the fact that no one likes them just makes 'em cooler, haha.

Poison Tail... sounds so familiar...

A Poison/Fire WOULD rock! ^^ Maybe one of us should send a letter to Gamefreak demanding one, teehee. >:3

CoffeeDrink

Years
Meet Tentacruel, koff~

Tentacruel can learn wrap as well as infestation (they're 'trap' moves). If you can couple it with a binding band, you can kiss whatever Pokemon you're fighting against it with goodbye. I think they need to beef up the Poison type. Everything else is getting to much love. We need to take that love by force, koffi~

Nakala Pri

I agree! Let's make a rebellion, trying to steal the affections of other types and invest 'em all in Poison Types! I dibs being Princess Leia. xD

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Well to be fair, poison got a buff as an attacking type by being one of the only two types that can hit Fairy-type super effectively, so that's a start.

Also an unrelated note, but since fire/poison got in the table, I think this deserves a mention: a fakemon called Mollux is a fire/poison type that is frequently used in the Create-a-Pokemon metagame in Pokemon Showdown. Here's what he looks like. cute :3

Nakala Pri

Yeah, I guess we should be grateful to the Fairy Clan. xD

Very cute, reminds me of Magcargo. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm giving away Nidoran eggs if anyone cares. The males have Poison Tail and Venom Drench, and the females have both those + Charm (sadly, I could not pass down any other fairy moves no matter how hard I tried).

The moves are very helpful early on, and thanks to the move reminder being able to reteach egg moves, they expand your options by a lot if you're going for Nidoqueen and King. Or if you're like me, the lower evos you hold on to because you like them better.

Speaking of fairy moves, you might remember early Rozu when we were talking about Nidoran have more lovey moves. According to Bulbapedia, it turns out back in the 2nd generation, the at-the-time Pokemon Center in New York was giving away special Nidoran with either Sweet Kiss or Lovely Kiss. And I was there during gen 2 (but apparently not on those giveaway days).

Granted, I had a Gameshark anyway so if I really wanted the moves on them, nothing could stop me, but it's nice to know that at some point it was official. You know, back when there were only 251 Pokemon and Nidoran were harder to ignore. These days I'd be so lucky if Nintendo decided to do that again. TT_TT

Nakala Pri

That sounds epic! ^^ But I don't have the game nor internet for the 3Ds. xD

I wish I knew what the heck is an egg move. :X

Awwwwh, that's disappointing! But then again, having to drag your carcass across the world for something as trivial as getting a Zorua is unfair, but hey continue to do it. xD

I miss those days... now the only Pokemon people are interested in are the 6th Gen and... Darkrai... *shudders*

CoffeeDrink

Years
That sounds epic! ^^ But I don't have the game nor internet for the 3Ds. xD

I wish I knew what the heck is an egg move. :X

The blasphemy, koff~

I have come to throw the book at you! Egg Moves for Dummies (tm)

I cannot believe you've been in the dark for so long! Allow me to thrust you into the light! Egg moves, in short, are moves that can be learned from parents (other than their species) that they would not normally learn by any other means other than breeding. Example, Koffing (f) offspring can learn psybeam and psywave if breed with Misdreavus (m). This is the only way Koffing can learn the moves. Cool, huh? Read the article and engorge yourself with the knowledge like the G1 Golbat you are!

Speaking of Golbat, I'm dropping Pidgey as my flier (in Pokemon Y Version) because I remembered Golbat can learn Fly. And Crobat is cooler than Pidgey anyway and has killer stats to boot. Fastest Poison type here I come! Gotta give that Golbat some of that sweet, sweet lovin'. That's kind of disturbing actually. Anyway poison puffs for everyone, koffi~

Spr_1b_042.png

Golbat is hungry for knowledge

Nakala Pri

I didn't get to read that, but thank you, Coffee! :D

Yeah, I'm usually on the ball about these things, but I haven't played Pokemon forra bit. :X

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I thought you had a Poison-type sprite list? Also, who here is excited about a Poison/Dragon type? Skrelp's evolved form Dragalge is and I think it's a cool typing. I just don't know what it does yet.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Actually, I went to the Pokemon Center just 'cuz it was there. Totally worth the lifesize Chikorita plush.

Oh, and this.

I regret not buying actual cooking utinsils at the time, especially at THAT time. I don't want your silly 4th-5th gen Pokemon. U-U

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Also, who here is excited about a Poison/Dragon type? Skrelp's evolved form Dragalge is and I think it's a cool typing. I just don't know what it does yet.
Hell yes, like you wouldn't believe! Poison and Dragon are two of my favourite types and I think they'll be incredibly interesting combined into one Pokémon. I was honestly expecting Goodra to be Poison/Dragon so I was a tad surprised when I heard it was Dragalge instead but I'm not upset about it - Dragalge's a wonderful looking Pokémon and I can't wait to use one. It's just a shame I got X instead of Y haha, darn version exclusives. Has anyone actually used a Dragalge yet, and if so does the Poison-typing actually come through much? I get the feeling it'd feel more like using a Water/Dragon Pokémon based on the moves I've seen it using so... hoping that's not true haha.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hell yes, like you wouldn't believe! Poison and Dragon are two of my favourite types and I think they'll be incredibly interesting combined into one Pokémon. I was honestly expecting Goodra to be Poison/Dragon so I was a tad surprised when I heard it was Dragalge instead but I'm not upset about it - Dragalge's a wonderful looking Pokémon and I can't wait to use one. It's just a shame I got X instead of Y haha, darn version exclusives. Has anyone actually used a Dragalge yet, and if so does the Poison-typing actually come through much? I get the feeling it'd feel more like using a Water/Dragon Pokémon based on the moves I've seen it using so... hoping that's not true haha.

Goodra looks Poison/Dragon or Dragon/Poison to me. Hopefully that'll be changed at some point.

CoffeeDrink

Years
I do doth declare that Crobat is standing there, koff~

Coffee sings a sing: I got my Crobat, I got my Crobat, and you do not-ot, and you do not-ot! I am a winner, I am a sinner, I am the king. of. all. your. din-ner! Ahem. I now have a Crobat on Pokemon Y version. So far it's eating away at the competition. Also, I have not had the change to use Dragalge as I am juggling two berry gardens and daily events in both X and Y and I'd rather play Pokemon Y (I've gotten 7 badges with X and then started Y) so I'm not that far yet. Anyways, just letting you know I have Crobat now, koffi~

Edit: Imma hunt for a shiny skrelp. I'll let you know if I win, okay?

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Whoa. O.O You've gotten pretty far. Good job! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back