• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite Pokemon game you have ever played?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
1. Pokemon XD Gale of darkness
2. Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky
3. Pokemon Emerald

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Here:

1.Pokemon Platinum
2.Pokemon SoulSilver
3.Pokemon X
4.Pokemon Black 2

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Three of my most favorite Pokémon games would probably have to be Emerald, Platinum, and Crystal. I loved Emerald due to its uniqueness. Aside from Crystal, this was one of the first ever Pokémon games to feature animated sprites. Not only that, but it was also the first game (of the main series) to ever feature cutscenes. The first scene was when Rayquaza escaped out of Sky Pillar and disappeared into the clouds. In the second scene, there was an intense battle between Groudon and Kyogre, which, with the help of Rayquaza, was eventually stopped. There might've been more scenes, but unfortunately, those are the only two that I remember. d: Platinum—I liked it because it had quite an entertaining Battle Frontier system. It was even more fun than the one of Pokémon Emerald. Platinum had some of the nicest-looking Pokémon sprites as well, and Scizor, Dusknoir, Machamp, Darkrai, and Cresselia were a few of my favorites. Finally, Crystal was my favorite because, well, it had all features from Pokémon Gold and Silver rolled into one! You were also able to play as a female character, for the first time ever. :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Of all the games I played:

01 - X
02 - White 2
03 - SoulSilver

that's the order of which I love my Pokemon games.

X: With X and Y having the majority of my favorite Pokemon that I can catch without transferring over, I created my dream team. It has so much to explore, and my (personal) #1 reason is Pokemon Amie, getting a chance to bond and play/pet my Pokemon.

White 2: Unova having my favorite Region of all, having my favorite city as well (Nimbasa City). Also many of my favorite Pokemon I can obtain in them, and the Pokemon Musicals I loved

SoulSilver - two regions in one, and Pokemon following me was really fun, almost forgot, the PokeWalker!.

Years
I would argue that crystal is my favourite but I can't not I've yellow! It's a close battle between the 2 but yellow has to come on top as for me, kanto was where it all began and I loved having my beloved Sparky following me around everywhere! If I wasn't being sentimental then crystal would be my fave but *sigh* the feels....

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
My favorite Pokémon game is Emerald. I have clocked well over 250 hours and still play it (Gameboy Advanced SP ftw?). I liked it because of the battle frontier and I didn't need to own R&S to complete the pokédex, because all the Pokémon were in one place/not version exclusive. The Battle Frontier (at least for me) offered a real challenge and reason to continue playing past the Elite 4. I loved every minute of that game.

I also love Pokémon Gold. I still pick up my GB Color and play it every now and then (the internal battery still works). I can on and on about how much and why I loved gold, but the fact it was my first Pokémon/Video Game I ever played makes it that much more amazing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'd probably say Emerald. I've beaten that game multiple times on GBA, I've even beaten the game on my phone. Such a fun game, I don't really know why I enjoyed playing through the game so much. It was similar to R/S, but also had exclusive content. Maybe that's why.

Back