• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your team to beat the Elite Four for each of the games?

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Lv. 100 Infernape with Flamethrower on Aaron and Lucian and Cynthia's Spritomb, Roserade, Lucario, and Garchomp, and Close Combat on Flint. OHKO or THKO
    Lv. 100 Roserade with Giga Drain on Bertha and Cynthia's Gastrodon and Milotic.
    Four other pokemon I want on the team

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Let's see...
    I don't have my game right now so I don't remember the levels, but here is my team:
    Staraptor
    Empoleon
    Crobat
    Garchomp
    Toxicroak (who would've guessed...)
    Noctowl

Not exactly exciting, but these were all Pokemon I liked at the time.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • I can't remember the teams I beat the league with in;
    Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold or Soul Silver but I recently restarted my Platinum game.
    I'm not creative when it comes to nicknames so I gave them their final evolution Japanese name's in English I took from Serebii..
    395.png
    398.png
    405.png
    445-m.png
    467.png
    460-m.png

Enperuto -- Mukuhawk -- Rentoraa -- Gaburaisu -- Buuburn -- Yukinooh

Years
  • My first playthrough of Diamond was just Empoleon. I was still in my "I'll use one Pokemon so it can be extremely overleveled!" phase and didn't bother training others.

In HeartGold, though, my team for the E4 was Meganium, Jolteon, Politoed, Arcanine, and Xatu, if I remember right. :D

Years
  • In Pearl, it was about as typical and uncreative as you can get. Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Gengar, Palkia and Gastrodon. I still remember when my Infernape, my very first Pokémon, dealt the final blow of the game, against Cynthia's Lucario, went first against it and OHKOed it with Close Combat despite a 9-level disadvantage.

Platinum wasn't much better. I only replaced Palkia and Gastrodon with Vaporeon and Rhydon. Didn't play much different, but it was still good.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    On my first playthrough, the team that I had made for the Elite Four was certainly interesting to say the least. It consisted of Empoleon, Rapidash, Luxray, Graveler, a recently evolved Altaria and Giratina.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I cant remember any of the teams i beat the pokemon leagues with in any of the games for the first time.. all i remember is that i had an Empoleon! but currently in Soulsilver i have just beaten the 7th gym leader and i have:
    Quilava, Nidoking, Gyarados, Weepinbell, Fearow, and Ampharos
    and i plan on keeping the same guys for the rest of the game!

DarkLatias

Just call me Latias
    Years
  • If I remember correctly in Pearl I beat the League with an Infernape, Staraptor, Roserade, Palkia?, Riachu, and Crobat (Is that what its called?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I actually just beat the Pokemon League in SoulSilver this past weekend, and my team was
    Ampharos Level 40
    Lugia level 47
    Dragonair Level 35
    Nidoking Level 34
    Shiny Gyarados Level 39
    Typhlosion Level 39

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    My first time through Diamond I think my team was:

-Garchomp
    -Staraptor
    -Infernape
    -Dialga
    These were the ones I remember clearly.

Years
  • The most recent time I beat the E4 was in Platinum with this team;

Empoleon
    Houndoom
    Jolteon
    Garchomp
    Staraptor
    Roserade

In Heart Gold my team was;

Typhlosion
    Butterfree
    Pidgeot
    Primeape
    Arbok
    Graveler

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • For my second playthrough of SoulSilver, my team was: Typhlosion, Slowbro, Bellossom, Ampharos and Pidgeot. I can wreck the E4 so easily. Even Lance wasn't that hard - the only problem was his 4 full restores ;n;

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Platinum was my favorite Pokemon game, and both of my playthroughs of it were quite interesting.

On my first one, after grabbing Turtwig, I initially had both Bibarel and Kricketune on my team, but they fell so horribly behind the rest of the members that they were eventually ditched. A shame because I actually really liked Bibarel's design despite all the hate he gets. I picked up Shinx early on, who became my favorite 4th gen Pokemon upon reaching her final evolution. Anyways, I ended up hacking in a Mantine and a Mew around the 3rd badge or so because I really wanted both of 'em. I met some dude online who randomly gave me an Espeon. I picked up a Sneasel on the way to the 7th gym, but he stayed boxed for a whole minute. I normally don't use legendaries, but I liked Giratina's design enough to make him a mainstay, too. Playing through without a fire-type made this game ten times harder, especially when facing Bronzong. I ended up losing to Cynthia due to a mix of luck-hax and being unprepared. I decided to retrieve and evolve the Sneasel, and reluctantly replace Torterra with him. I liked Torterra a lot, but he wasn't doing much besides dragging my team down due to falling behind in levels and his quad-weakness to ice, which damn-near every Pokemon seemed to carry. Weavile ended up making all the difference as I whooped the champ this time around. The team I finished with was:

Luxray
    Mantine
    Mew
    Espeon
    Giratina
    Weavile

Tek

Years
  • The first time I beat the E4 in HG I used:

Crobat Lv 36
    Heracross Lv 38
    Rapidash Lv 42
    Flygon Lv 46
    Flygon Lv 46
    Dragonite Lv 56

The Crobat never saw battle, and my Dragonite took down both of Lance's Dragonites.

Today I did this: (see attached photo :])

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • Only played Platinum out of the gen 4 games, but my first team was:
    Mystic - Milotic
    Peanut - Swampert
    Jet - Floatzel
    Pingu - Empoleon
    Leviathon - Gyarados
    Surgeon - Kabutops

My girlfriend traded me all the pokemon that aren't native to gen 4 :3

And yes, I did an all water type run for my first playthrough of Platinum.

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
    Years
  • I don't remember in Diamond and Platinium but for HG that was :

*-Meganium
    *-Crobat
    *-Ampharos
    *-Vileplume
    *-Espeon
    *-Kingdra

Back