• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MOTHER/EarthBound Re-Releases!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • JOAJLFKS MY BODY IS READY I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF I NEED THIS. I hope this is done internationally. Please. Please. Please. Like I normally don't get excited but I'm legitimately sitting here all giddy about this.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Remakes? Ahhh... maybe MOTHER. The random encounters feel really archaic, and they should find a way to ease the grinding, but I can live without it. It might be better for getting new people to actually PLAY the first game (that was hard enough to get people to do when it was just EarthBound and a cancelled EB64). Just don't mess with that story no matter what. EarthBound is fine and it's too soon to do MOTHER 3. Besides, I don't want Itoi to have a meltdown over trying to produce another game, even if it is just a remake. That poor guy.

Re-releases? Now that I can get behind. I still doubt we'll see any of them outside of Japan, though. :( It's all those copyright issues with EarthBound, and I don't think NoA's gonna see MOTHERs 1 and 3 as selling points besides the fact.

Oh shoot. I absolutely forgot that they'd have to translate MOTHER 3 as well (and maybe the first one if they don't use the unreleased version, even as just a starting point (in which they could easily touch up some of the banter so it isn't unpolished in places)). There's no way NoA's gonna see that as viable with all the bad karma EB seems to have with that branch.

I guess it's back to importing.

Last edited:
    Back