• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

• Total voters

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Pokemon Platinum of course. Basically was a remake of diamond and pearl with extras.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Back when I didn't have Platinum I would have said Diamond was the best out of Diamond and Pearl. After I played Platinum, I simply liked it more, it's a better version of Diamond and Pearl combined. The story (even though was the same as the other two) was better, then you have the Battle Frontier (I still like Emerald's better though) and it is definately in my top four Pokemon games.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I liked Diamond the most because the story was easier to follow. I never really liked Platinum for some reason. It just seemed like a rehash of Diamond & Pearl.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I liked the 4th gen a lot. And I really liked Platinum the most of the 3. The whole Distortion World was fun for me to do. And the 4th gen had introduced my favorite fire type pokemon. I love Infernape <3 I also love Dialga. Some really good pokemon :3

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Diamond as its my first NDS and 4th gen Pokemon game. Also because of its great well designed Pokemon and the tiles. And also cause its great in Sprites. There are many reasons to say. And every GEN 4 games are amazing. No doubt.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Platinum omg. <3 First game I owned and still my favourite all time Pokemon game.

Lol no love for Pearl.

Years
Simply Platinum, because of more features obviously. Also it became one of my most favorite Pokemon games of all time.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Platinum is faster, too. Diamond and Pearl are just too slow to use without complaining every two seconds.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I have to go with Platinum. The game felt slightly faster than Diamond and Pearl, especially with the improved surfing speed, which I'm unsure of why they had nerfed it from Gen 3 in the first place. I also liked how Giratina had been given a major role in the story, but they didn't fully scrap Dialga and Palkia from the story. Even better was the ability to catch both the legendaries instead of only being able to get one and have to trade to get the other. The addition of the other Rotom forms was really cool and it was the first step towards making Rotom a much more useful Pokemon in the forms of Rotom Wash and Rotom Heat. The Battle Frontier's return from Gen 3 was a nice touch as well, but I honestly still like Emerald's frontier over Gen 4's version. The story felt a bit better, the Distortion World was a cool addition along with Origin Form Giratina, and the larger variety of Pokemon was cool and made the game a bit more difficult. Platinum for sure is the superior game in my opinion.

Years
Pokemon Platinum. I overall liked everything about it and what it did better than the previous two instalments. The storyline was a lot better in my opinion and the Distortion World wasn't the greatest thing in the game, I still liked it. It had a feeling that I really liked about it. So mysterious. The Pokemon in the game were also better if I say so myself. The Pokedex was upgraded with more Pokemon because there weren't many in Diamond/Pearl which is something that I really didn't like about Diamond/Pearl. Speaking of things I didn't like from the two games that Platinum improved on, the speed of surfing. You go a lot faster than you did before, but not from other generations. I think that a different generation had fast surfing. The graphics were more appealing to me, even though there wasn't much of a difference.

Pokemon Platinum will always be a game that is close to my heart.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Pokemon Platinum because of the additional content that was added. Although Diamond did have my favorite mascot on it.

Years
Platinum is a D/P combination pack with more features, a cooler mascot pokemon and its generally superior in every way. The only reason someone would choose diamond or pearl would be because he is emotionally attached to one of the 2 in some way

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
Years
Every pokemon game has a place in my heart. These games were among my faves, especially since I would get to the 8th Gym leader and never finish my file. Sounds strange, but the difficulty of the game would lead me to this point, which I enjoy because it means one day, when I do finish, I will get some satisfaction out of the final sections of the story.

I was really lucky that my local library happen to have copies of Platinum available to rent. I hadn't been able to play it before, and it's rather difficult to find in most game stores nowadays. I was blown away by the subtle differences in the story. Definitely one of my favorite 3rd game additions.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Platinum, for pretty much the reasons others have said.

HipsterHypno

Hippest Hypno in the land
Years
For me, like most people, it has to be Platinum. The elaborated story and post game just made the game so much more enjoyable. Giratina's new form and the distortion world was an amazing, just a great game overall, probably my favourite Pokémon game overall.

Cinderella

Ooh, she's a little runaway~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Platinum for sure. More stuff, etc. =P

Diamond was the first 4th gen game I played, but I soon regretted choosing it over Pearl as I've always liked Palkia's design more. Not to mention dat Water/Dragon typing. So Pearl would be my second choice heehee

Years
I like each of the games for their own reasons - I like Platinum because you get Togepi egg in it ^^ But on the other hand I liked Distorsian World in Diamond and Pearl more because it's less complicated - And same goes for gym designs - Like Gardenia's gym - I liked that one more in the Diamond and Pearl because the maze was more complicated, different and fun. So each of the versions has their pros and cons so I guess that I like them equally ^^

Back