• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team The Lightning War

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Team The Lightning War (NOW RECRUITING)

INTRO
Hello everyone over the past couple years I have become fascinated with pokemon hacks. I've played through so many and recently I have began dabbling and creating my own hack, clearly as I have only as I have only begun I am not an amazing rom hacker and I would love some help. I have been reading about pokemon theories and one of them that has really fascinated me was the war that Lt. Surge mentions right before you right before you battle him in red a pre red version using a gba rom. What I'm looking for in a team is a relaxed atmosphere as I have no rush on completing this game I would much rather make it awesome than have a rushed bad game. That being said I am looking for people to work on it as they can and occasionally we can as a group discuss ideas and what needs to be done . I am a organized individual and will put reasonable sections that we can complet at a one so that it will be more manageable for everyone to work on it. Your skill level is not important because I myself am not the best of any rom hacking I am just learning myself so whether your a beginner or a veteran of the rom making world I doesn't really matter
STORY
The Kanto Region is in a war with two forces the Rockets and Profesors along the way you will learn dark secrets about each side as you try to create peace between the two sides you will meet people along the way that will join your quest to assist you at trying to create a world where both sides can live together.
You wake up as your mother pleads you to help your brothers one who is a Rocket Giovanni a young talented trainer focusing on making his pokemon stronger and a Professor Oak another young talented trainer who I more focused on catching as many pokemon as he can and learning all he can know they both love pokemon but now that each Faction is at war they are pit against each other as the stars of their faction(for lack of a better word)
The First Towns story is done:

Player wakes upand Gets out if bed and goes down stairs where your mom gets an exclamation over her head and says "Quick your brothers have gotten into a fight! You go outside and see young Oak and Giovanni fighting charmander and rhyhorn and they keep fighting then they both collapse at the same time Oak says "That was just luck" and Giovanni says "Oh yeah you wanna go again?!" Just then mew flys over and they both get exclamations over their heads "Mew ! I've got to catch it!" They both say they then proceed to run after it their friends following behind them. Your mother comes out and says come inside we need to talk once you get inside she says you father left each of you a pokemon when he left he left oak a charmander Giovanni a rhyhorn and you he left a dratini. She then explains how you father loves pokemon nd thought of them as companions and how your brothers had never gotten that and how he never came back after a storm one day. Here she says take dratini and go after your brother stop this fight that the have started it has gotten out of hand please ______ you have to stop them! You receive dratini and then she says your brother oak left this prototype behind nd you receive a pokedex and she says and your brother left these shoes and you obtain the running shoes she says you brother don't need these anyway and gives you 10 pokeballs. You leave the house and go over to see your grandma she says I remember when your brothers were first born so much energy so much fight but you were different ... (Giovanni and Oak are twins) there is a house blocked by a tree which is a sudowodo which you can go back once you get the Squirt bottle and he will attack and in the house the old man says this bonsly ran away when you sprayed the sudowodo he says I don't want. It nd gives you bonsly that wrap up the first town and beginning events
Hope you like the beginning and would like to help
Features I would like to include
- revised region including different sprites extra areas HGSS most likely
-more diversified access to pokemon
-First 150 pokemon (unsure about this)
-updated sprites
-badge system revised into 8 major events
-different storyline with twists and including pokemon conspiracies that are out right now and some of our own
I need all the help I can get I am not so experienced in scripting and I can do a decent job map editing but once again I need all the help I can get.
Application requirements
Name
What you can do
Are you motivated
Any ideas
Experience
Favorite Pokemon
First Pokemon Game you played
Favorite Rom Hack

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
This is the base picture of my rom that I have started to get my idea out there. Clearly I'm in dire need of a sportier or banner maker because that is not my thing

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Current Team so Far:
ganesha: Banner Maker
Dark Ice Cream: Mapper
TurtleDonkey: Mapper/Story Writer
I'm still in need of
Scripters
Tile Editors
Head Story Writer
A few more Mappers
Any help people are willing to offer

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Name: TurtleDonkey
What you can do: Mapper/idea creator.
Are you motivated: Of course!
Any ideas: Just let me think.
Experience: Tryed to make my own hack but got stuck at the scripting part, and deleted all of it.
Favorite Pokemon: That must be dragonite!
First Pokemon Game you played: Uhm... Crystal i think?
Favorite Rom Hack: Light Platinum for sure!

Last edited:
Back