• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What came first: Arceus or Mew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I thought Rhyhorn was the first made pokemon by Gamefreak, but since we're talking about Arceus and Mew, I believe Arceus came first because it's supposedly the creator of the pokemon world.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Arceus did come first. It created three powerful Pokemon. No other pokemon achieved that feat other than Mewtwo who created Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise by use of machine.

Mew has never created anything, other than an eyelash that Team Rocket used to create Mewtwo.

Also most of Arceus' godlike power is included in Platinum and Heartgold since in Celestic town it is actually Arceus in the middle with Giratina, Palkia and Dialga surrounding it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Arceus is stated to have literally created the Pokemon universe, while mew has been stated to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. My idea is that Arceus created Mew after the lake and creation trio to give life to the universe.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
arceus came before mew. all of the regions were already made at the same time becasue of arceus. hes already been there and arceus made mew. he made everything in every region including the pokemon. so since arceus made pokemon and everything else, arceus came first and then mew. though arceus is in sinnoh it confuses me too. but arceus came first.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2012
Arceus is known as the original one. Here is my theory. Arceus was born and split into 3 beings dialga palkia and giritina. Thus means palkia giritina and dialga are arceus yet arceus's original form contains most power. If apthe trio controls time space and balance of the world already it has more power then new. Also those 3 are the only known deities as I know. Arceus is also known as the deity king as he created the others. So what I think is a deity is a god and god can do anything meaning has the power of Pokemon. Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon not gods in this case the creation trio and original one therefore new is the first Pokemon and arceus is a god born out of nothing

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Is it so hard to contemplate that myths in a game might actually be just myths and not true history?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Arceus is known as the original one. Here is my theory. Arceus was born and split into 3 beings dialga palkia and giritina. Thus means palkia giritina and dialga are arceus yet arceus's original form contains most power.

This is more like the Original Dragon of Unova. Arceus is specifically said to have created Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, not that it became them. The Sinjoh Ruins event features Arceus creating one of them.

Is it so hard to contemplate that myths in a game might actually be just myths and not true history?

What is there to suggest that Arceus isn't what they say it is? No, I don't believe the Pokedex entries are 100% fact, but I don't think they are completely fictional either. More than likely, it is a combination of both, which is where the mystery comes in.

Dialga can control time, as its legend states, though it may not be time itself.
Palkia can warp space, though it doesn't regulate by simply existing.
Giratina resides in the Distortion World, which is "the world on the other side of ours" that was described. Though the Distortion World was not destroyed when Giratina was captured or defeated.

The Sinnoh Dragons' legends (for the most part) are true. They each possess the powers they were said to possess, as far as control of time, space and such. But why is it nothing about Arceus should be considered valid? Arceus has been shown to create these dragons. Not to mention everything about Arceus suggests it was created by Game Freak specifically to play the role of the "first Pokemon" and to basically be god-like, without actually being a god.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
What is there to suggest that Arceus isn't what they say it is? No, I don't believe the Pokedex entries are 100% fact, but I don't think they are completely fictional either. More than likely, it is a combination of both, which is where the mystery comes in.

Dialga can control time, as its legend states, though it may not be time itself.
Palkia can warp space, though it doesn't regulate by simply existing.
Giratina resides in the Distortion World, which is "the world on the other side of ours" that was described. Though the Distortion World was not destroyed when Giratina was captured or defeated.

The Sinnoh Dragons' legends (for the most part) are true. They each possess the powers they were said to possess, as far as control of time, space and such. But why is it nothing about Arceus should be considered valid? Arceus has been shown to create these dragons. Not to mention everything about Arceus suggests it was created by Game Freak specifically to play the role of the "first Pokemon" and to basically be god-like, without actually being a god.

I always assumed it is like the Hoenn legends.
Those can clearly cause drought/heavy rainfall, making it seem like the land/sea is rising. This ability alone would have been enough for ancient witnesses to come up with their legend of creating Hoenn.
Yet they seem more like rampaging beasts when awakened, instead of sentient superior beings.

Same for the dimension trio. People who saw them manipulate even more amazing aspects of reality, or perhaps simply emerge from another dimension, somehow figured Dialga and Palkia created Sinnohs halves that are divided by Mt.Coronet.
Now imagine what witnessing Arceus' creation of one of these would do..
With Platinum and Giratina, there is one piece of dialogue thats interesting to this. Cyrus expects the Torn world to crubmle, as he thinks of Giratina as its ruler/creator, once you defeat/catch it, he is then surprised and disappointed when nothing happens.

But lets consider the most amazing thing we have seen Arceus do.
If the Shinto ruins are canon, Arceus can create new dimension legends at will.
However, it requires hundreds of Unown to achieve this....
Personally I think of that as a kind of legendary equivalent of breeding. Where casual pokemon require an opposite gender partner, Arceus requires hundreds of Unown.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
This is actually an impossible question to answer and nobody seems to even care what other peoples opinions are that's why there's arguments all over this thread but I'm gonna give my theory anyways and I'm ready for a disagreement cos ppl just gotta do it for attention lol

Mew's DNA has genetic codes from every single Pokemon and the ancestor of them as well. But, Arceus is the creator of the universe. So the only way to answer this question is to really go into detail and really think about it. If Pokemon had a God would it be Arceus or Mew? If Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon then that means Mew is also the Ancestor of Arceus. So therefore, I believe Mew was created first. If Mew isn't the ancestor of Pokemon then who is? They say Arceus created the universe but Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon. If you ask me it makes no sense. But without Mew being the ancestor then Arceus wouldn't even exist. I think Mew created Arceus to create the universe and Mew finished it by creating Pokemon. Here's a question that I would like to know. If Mew and Arceus are the creators of both then why make them obtainable in a Pokemon game? If Mew is for say God then why would it wanna battle what it created? Why would Arceus battle and destroy what it created? Those are 2 Pokemon that should of been mentioned but never became obtainable because of what they're capable of. Mew is ancestor of Pokemon so that makes it surperior to all of them.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Mew's DNA has genetic codes from every single Pokemon and the ancestor of them as well. But, Arceus is the creator of the universe. So the only way to answer this question is to really go into detail and really think about it. If Pokemon had a God would it be Arceus or Mew? If Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon then that means Mew is also the Ancestor of Arceus. So therefore, I believe Mew was created first. If Mew isn't the ancestor of Pokemon then who is? They say Arceus created the universe but Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon. If you ask me it makes no sense. But without Mew being the ancestor then Arceus wouldn't even exist. I think Mew created Arceus to create the universe and Mew finished it by creating Pokemon. Here's a question that I would like to know. If Mew and Arceus are the creators of both then why make them obtainable in a Pokemon game? If Mew is for say God then why would it wanna battle what it created? Why would Arceus battle and destroy what it created? Those are 2 Pokemon that should of been mentioned but never became obtainable because of what they're capable of. Mew is ancestor of Pokemon so that makes it surperior to all of them.

Lots of assumptions there though..

-Mew having DNA of all pokemon
remember that Arceus and co were not even discovered before Mew, and even if people knew of it, the scientists making this statement surely didnt go get a sample of Arceus DNA, so at its best it means all casual pokemon, but I interpret it as having the DNA of most of the first generation at least. Any more is speculation (well we could safely add babies and evos obviously..), but I wouldnt doubt it includes casual Hoenn/Sinnoh DNA...Unova is a much bigger question mark...

-It is ASSUMED to be the ancestor
Because it seems to have DNA of all pokemon. Its a theory. It might as well just be simply an extraordinary case, it might be extending its DNA everytime it comes in touch with more species, or some other explanation..

-Arceus is said to have created the universe
We cannot deny the factuality of this story unless they added more legendaries with similar backstories (like if the next game introduced a second Arceus-like pokemon). But we cannot confirm it either, since all we have is a myth.
But even assuming it was true, how the heck would anyone ever know? Its not like ancient people of Sinnoh would have been there to witness the birth of the universe, remember they didn't exist yet.

The observation that Arceus is a mere pokemon like any other (it is limited by the same things, has real stats, a type, can use 4 moves, can be caught and used in battles.......) is a very important one.
I mean, when you ask something like "if pokemon had a god..", (of course it all depends on definition of that word etc. but) how could possibly a pokemon be the answer?

How does being the assumed ancestor make it superior? Its more like jack of all trades, master of none...

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Lots of assumptions there though..

remember that Arceus and co were not even discovered before Mew, and even if people knew of it, the scientists making this statement surely didnt go get a sample of Arceus DNA, so at its best it means all casual pokemon, but I interpret it as having the DNA of most of the first generation at least. Any more is speculation (well we could safely add babies and evos obviously..), but I wouldnt doubt it includes casual Hoenn/Sinnoh DNA...Unova is a much bigger question mark...

Because it seems to have DNA of all pokemon. Its a theory. It might as well just be simply an extraordinary case, it might be extending its DNA everytime it comes in touch with more species, or some other explanation..

We cannot deny the factuality of this story unless they added more legendaries with similar backstories (like if the next game introduced a second Arceus-like pokemon). But we cannot confirm it either, since all we have is a myth.
But even assuming it was true, how the heck would anyone ever know? Its not like ancient people of Sinnoh would have been there to witness the birth of the universe, remember they didn't exist yet.

The observation that Arceus is a mere pokemon like any other (it is limited by the same things, has real stats, a type, can use 4 moves, can be caught and used in battles.......) is a very important one.
I mean, when you ask something like "if pokemon had a god..", (of course it all depends on definition of that word etc. but) how could possibly a pokemon be the answer?

How does being the assumed ancestor make it superior? Its more like jack of all trades, master of none...

Actually If Mew is the ancestor that does make it surperior to all of them because he's the creator. With Mew being creator it's DNA genetics sends it a signal to know what the next Pokemon is going to do. If no Pokemon couldn't take out Mewtwo in the movie then no Pokemon could take out Mew. Remember in the movie when Mew and Mewtwo started fighting? They were both equally powered and remember when other Pokemon tried to fight Mewtwo they didn't have a chance? So if numerous Pokemon can't stand up to Mewtwo then how could 1 Pokemon even think about trying to battle Mew?

You do got a lot of points there tho. But the scientist you mentioned is different as well. In every region there's different scientist so that means that they discover Pokemon that the other regions don't know about yet. How do we know that Prof. Oak discovered Mew and how do we not know Prof. Rowan didn't discover Arceus around the same time? I still believe that Mew created Arceus because Mew wasn't powerful enough to create the universe. But then, what created Mew? Arceus couldn't of have because Mew created it because of being the ancestor.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I always assumed it is like the Hoenn legends.
Those can clearly cause drought/heavy rainfall, making it seem like the land/sea is rising. This ability alone would have been enough for ancient witnesses to come up with their legend of creating Hoenn.
Yet they seem more like rampaging beasts when awakened, instead of sentient superior beings.

Seeing as how their slumber is being disturbed by evil teams determined to use their great power to destroy the world, I'd imagine they'd have a good reason to be somewhat upset right after been awakened. Still, I don't consider them to be deities or demi-gods, only Pokemon with very special abilities and great power.

Possibly, the original battle between Groudon and Kyogre resulted in the forming of what would become the Hoenn region (since half is land and half is ocean). They didn't "create" the region specifically to create it, but it happened as a result of that battle. At least, that seems to make since to me.

Same for the dimension trio. People who saw them manipulate even more amazing aspects of reality, or perhaps simply emerge from another dimension, somehow figured Dialga and Palkia created Sinnohs halves that are divided by Mt.Coronet.

This one, I don't know. There isn't anything I can remember from DPPt to suggest that Dialga and Palkia created the Sinnoh regions. Still, most of the people of Sinnoh seem to believe it. Sinnoh seemed to have more tributes for Dialga and Palkia around the region (the statue, the cave triangle, text books) than any other region for their Legends.

Now imagine what witnessing Arceus' creation of one of these would do..
With Platinum and Giratina, there is one piece of dialogue thats interesting to this. Cyrus expects the Torn world to crubmle, as he thinks of Giratina as its ruler/creator, once you defeat/catch it, he is then surprised and disappointed when nothing happens.

Remember, Cyrus is the guy who wanted to create a world for himself. He was half crazy. He would be one of the last people I would think knew what he was talking about.

And the fact that the Distortion World remained unaffected by Giratina's defeat/capture could be evidence that it was not responsible for its creation, which points back to Arceus. Perhaps if that dimension was completely controlled by Giratina, it would have been destroyed.

But lets consider the most amazing thing we have seen Arceus do.
If the Shinto ruins are canon, Arceus can create new dimension legends at will.
However, it requires hundreds of Unown to achieve this....
Personally I think of that as a kind of legendary equivalent of breeding. Where casual pokemon require an opposite gender partner, Arceus requires hundreds of Unown.

Arceus is the only Pokemon we know that can do this. Plus, the Sinjoh Ruins were specifically created for Arceus. It seems very odd that any Legend would be able to do this. Not only that, but Arceus doesn't produce another Arceus through this event, only 1 of the 3 Dragons its legend states it created.

My own personal theory is that the Unown are Arceus's power manifested (Arceus can be any type, and so can Hidden Power, which is the only move Unown can use). The Unown are mysterious and have never been a part of anything important in the games until the Sinjoh Ruins event.

This is actually an impossible question to answer and nobody seems to even care what other peoples opinions are that's why there's arguments all over this thread but I'm gonna give my theory anyways and I'm ready for a disagreement cos ppl just gotta do it for attention lol

Actually, I like discussing this topic because it's fun for me. I like seeing different theories put against each other and seeing which one has the most credit to support it. Game Freak intentionally leaves holes for the fans to fill with their own theories, so it's interesting to see which theories are the most thought out.

Mew's DNA has genetic codes from every single Pokemon and the ancestor of them as well.

This is only stated in the Pokedex, and it is only stated as a theory by some Pokemon scientists. It is not a fact that Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, nor is it a fact that Mew is the ancestor. And there isn't anything in-game that suggests it.

But, Arceus is the creator of the universe.

To be fair, this is not outright proven either. It is highly implied, but isn't stated as a fact.

So the only way to answer this question is to really go into detail and really think about it. If Pokemon had a God would it be Arceus or Mew?

This is the error I see most people make, they want to say that Mew or Arceus is God or a god. They aren't God or any kind of god, they are both just really powerful Pokemon. People attach their own definite of the word "god" to these two Pokemon. The way I see it, the Pokemon universe has no god, only an extremely powerful Pokemon that the legends of the Sinnoh region claim had the power to create the world and possibly the universe.

If Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon then that means Mew is also the Ancestor of Arceus. So therefore, I believe Mew was created first. If Mew isn't the ancestor of Pokemon then who is? They say Arceus created the universe but Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon. If you ask me it makes no sense. But without Mew being the ancestor then Arceus wouldn't even exist. I think Mew created Arceus to create the universe and Mew finished it by creating Pokemon. Here's a question that I would like to know. If Mew and Arceus are the creators of both then why make them obtainable in a Pokemon game? If Mew is for say God then why would it wanna battle what it created? Why would Arceus battle and destroy what it created? Those are 2 Pokemon that should of been mentioned but never became obtainable because of what they're capable of. Mew is ancestor of Pokemon so that makes it surperior to all of them.

Here's the thing, they both can't be the first Pokemon. 1 of them had to have existed first, but you're assuming BOTH of their theories are true, which contradict each other in that case.

One Pokedex entry says that the "DNA of all Pokemon" theory comes from Mew's ability to use any move. They know it can use any move, and that is their theory on why. I think that just makes up for Mew not having its own signature move, ability, or special trait, like Celebi's time travel and Jirachi's wish granting. Knowing all moves I think serves as its special trait.

Like I said, I don't consider Arceus a god. Even the most powerful Pokemon in existence is still a Pokemon in the end. Even if GF were to create a new Pokemon with 1000 BST, it would still be a Pokemon like the others. Arceus is limited for battling purposes in the games. (It can't be unbeatable. That would defeat the purpose) So they program it with limitations, such as its Multitype can only let it change through the plates. And again, I think the Unown could serve to house that creation power that it uses in the Sinjoh Ruins event. (Though, that's just my theory. It doesn't need the creation power anymore because the universe already exists!)

We can't just say "If it created the universe, it shouldn't be able to be captured!" Why not? It's still a Pokemon. ALL Pokemon can be captured, regardless of their power.

Actually If Mew is the ancestor that does make it surperior to all of them because he's the creator. With Mew being creator it's DNA genetics sends it a signal to know what the next Pokemon is going to do.

Mew knows what the other Pokemon will do? I've never heard that before.

If no Pokemon couldn't take out Mewtwo in the movie then no Pokemon could take out Mew. Remember in the movie when Mew and Mewtwo started fighting? They were both equally powered and remember when other Pokemon tried to fight Mewtwo they didn't have a chance? So if numerous Pokemon can't stand up to Mewtwo then how could 1 Pokemon even think about trying to battle Mew?

In the movies, Arceus can change type at will, meaning all it would have to do is become a Dark-type and Mew and Mewtwo's psychic attacks would be useless against it.

Also, Shaymin was no match for Giratina in that movie, yet Arceus defeated Dialga, Palkia AND Giratina. 3 Legendary Dragons couldn't stop Arceus.

I still believe that Mew created Arceus because Mew wasn't powerful enough to create the universe.

That's a very odd theory. If Mew can't create the universe, how could it possibly have the power to create a creature that can?

In Dragon Ball Z, the Eternal Dragon couldn't grant a wish that was beyond the power of the creator of the Dragon Balls. I think the same thing would apply here. (or in general)

But then, what created Mew? Arceus couldn't of have because Mew created it because of being the ancestor.

Again, you're trying to force the idea that both theories are valid at the same time, which is why you are left with the "What created Mew then?" question. Mew being the first Pokemon and Arceus creating the universe can't both be valid. This is where I like to look at in-game references for the both of them. If you ignore the Pokedex entry for Mew, you will not find anything suggesting it is the ancestor at all, as the Pokedex is the only thing that states that theory. Even the Pokemon Mansion documents about Mew's discovery and Mewtwo's creation don't mention it being the ancestor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ancestry does not equal creation.

Science says our ancestors were monkeys at one point. By your statement Monkeys created human kind. That is not true.

Mew is stated to be the Ancestor of all Pokemon simply because it can use all TMs. That is why it is considered to be the Ancestor. Also it having the DNA of Arceus doesn't necissarily mean that it came before Arceus.

Arceus' legend specifically says there was no other life before his appearence. He created Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, the world, and then the spirits. I don't honestly remember it saying he created everything else as the Spirits had a hand in creating various things as well. Mew, could have come hundreds of thousands of years after this point, but, like the fabled "Atlanean Gene" and other science fiction genes where decendants of long loss races are found, this does not mean that Mew had any direct contact with Arceus.

It is a Pokemon that has adapted in various environments and lived for untold amounts of time. Movie/Anime wise and Non-canon Game wise Legends can breed. Mew could have bred with hudreds of ancient Pokemon collecting DNA from all of them and ones that may have been direct offspring of Arceus and other Legends.

By Arceus' legend, he existed before everything else, so Canon proof wise, Arceus came first. If you choose to ignore Arceus' legend then there is no possible way to discern who came first as we do not live it the world of Pokemon so we cannot recieve all myths, legends, and scientific studies on those Pokemon.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Seeing as how their slumber is being disturbed by evil teams determined to use their great power to destroy the world, I'd imagine they'd have a good reason to be somewhat upset right after been awakened. Still, I don't consider them to be deities or demi-gods, only Pokemon with very special abilities and great power.

Possibly, the original battle between Groudon and Kyogre resulted in the forming of what would become the Hoenn region (since half is land and half is ocean). They didn't "create" the region specifically to create it, but it happened as a result of that battle. At least, that seems to make since to me.

This one, I don't know. There isn't anything I can remember from DPPt to suggest that Dialga and Palkia created the Sinnoh regions. Still, most of the people of Sinnoh seem to believe it. Sinnoh seemed to have more tributes for Dialga and Palkia around the region (the statue, the cave triangle, text books) than any other region for their Legends.

Remember, Cyrus is the guy who wanted to create a world for himself. He was half crazy. He would be one of the last people I would think knew what he was talking about.

And the fact that the Distortion World remained unaffected by Giratina's defeat/capture could be evidence that it was not responsible for its creation, which points back to Arceus. Perhaps if that dimension was completely controlled by Giratina, it would have been destroyed.

Arceus is the only Pokemon we know that can do this. Plus, the Sinjoh Ruins were specifically created for Arceus. It seems very odd that any Legend would be able to do this. Not only that, but Arceus doesn't produce another Arceus through this event, only 1 of the 3 Dragons its legend states it created.

My own personal theory is that the Unown are Arceus's power manifested (Arceus can be any type, and so can Hidden Power, which is the only move Unown can use). The Unown are mysterious and have never been a part of anything important in the games until the Sinjoh Ruins event.

Actually, I like discussing this topic because it's fun for me. I like seeing different theories put against each other and seeing which one has the most credit to support it. Game Freak intentionally leaves holes for the fans to fill with their own theories, so it's interesting to see which theories are the most thought out.

This is only stated in the Pokedex, and it is only stated as a theory by some Pokemon scientists. It is not a fact that Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, nor is it a fact that Mew is the ancestor. And there isn't anything in-game that suggests it.

To be fair, this is not outright proven either. It is highly implied, but isn't stated as a fact.

This is the error I see most people make, they want to say that Mew or Arceus is God or a god. They aren't God or any kind of god, they are both just really powerful Pokemon. People attach their own definite of the word "god" to these two Pokemon. The way I see it, the Pokemon universe has no god, only an extremely powerful Pokemon that the legends of the Sinnoh region claim had the power to create the world and possibly the universe.

Here's the thing, they both can't be the first Pokemon. 1 of them had to have existed first, but you're assuming BOTH of their theories are true, which contradict each other in that case.

One Pokedex entry says that the "DNA of all Pokemon" theory comes from Mew's ability to use any move. They know it can use any move, and that is their theory on why. I think that just makes up for Mew not having its own signature move, ability, or special trait, like Celebi's time travel and Jirachi's wish granting. Knowing all moves I think serves as its special trait.

Like I said, I don't consider Arceus a god. Even the most powerful Pokemon in existence is still a Pokemon in the end. Even if GF were to create a new Pokemon with 1000 BST, it would still be a Pokemon like the others. Arceus is limited for battling purposes in the games. (It can't be unbeatable. That would defeat the purpose) So they program it with limitations, such as its Multitype can only let it change through the plates. And again, I think the Unown could serve to house that creation power that it uses in the Sinjoh Ruins event. (Though, that's just my theory. It doesn't need the creation power anymore because the universe already exists!)

We can't just say "If it created the universe, it shouldn't be able to be captured!" Why not? It's still a Pokemon. ALL Pokemon can be captured, regardless of their power.

Mew knows what the other Pokemon will do? I've never heard that before.

In the movies, Arceus can change type at will, meaning all it would have to do is become a Dark-type and Mew and Mewtwo's psychic attacks would be useless against it.

Also, Shaymin was no match for Giratina in that movie, yet Arceus defeated Dialga, Palkia AND Giratina. 3 Legendary Dragons couldn't stop Arceus.

That's a very odd theory. If Mew can't create the universe, how could it possibly have the power to create a creature that can?

In Dragon Ball Z, the Eternal Dragon couldn't grant a wish that was beyond the power of the creator of the Dragon Balls. I think the same thing would apply here. (or in general)

Again, you're trying to force the idea that both theories are valid at the same time, which is why you are left with the "What created Mew then?" question. Mew being the first Pokemon and Arceus creating the universe can't both be valid. This is where I like to look at in-game references for the both of them. If you ignore the Pokedex entry for Mew, you will not find anything suggesting it is the ancestor at all, as the Pokedex is the only thing that states that theory. Even the Pokemon Mansion documents about Mew's discovery and Mewtwo's creation don't mention it being the ancestor.

I'm done arguing I seen it coming by someone who puts down any theory anybody has to say if they don't agree with it. This was exactly what I was talking about. You completely slapped my theory in my face.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I'm done arguing I seen it coming by someone who puts down any theory anybody has to say if they don't agree with it. This was exactly what I was talking about. You completely slapped my theory in my face.

I was never arguing with anyone. I was taking part in the debate over which Pokemon (Mew or Arceus) has the most evidence to back up its claim of being the first Pokemon. As in any debate, I will promote my own theory and question those that don't make sense to me.

If you feel there are holes in my theory, please point them out so that I may address them and correct them if needed.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I was never arguing with anyone. I was taking part in the debate over which Pokemon (Mew or Arceus) has the most evidence to back up its claim of being the first Pokemon. As in any debate, I will promote my own theory and question those that don't make sense to me.

If you feel there are holes in my theory, please point them out so that I may address them and correct them if needed.

There was nothing that didn't make sense. I guess the first movie is wrong then? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they said that Mew is the ancestor of Pokemon and they created Mewtwo with it's DNA so that means it has DNA of other Pokemon as well. I still think Mew created Arceus regardless of what you or anyone else says, and I think Arceus created the universe. Mew's purpose was to create Pokemon and it did, it created Arceus to create the universe. Then the 3 main legendary's in Gen IV were created with the universe for some reason which I do not know. Once Arceus was done creating the universe Mew then proceeded to create Pokemon. When I said it sends a signal to Mew saying what the next Pokemon's gonna do I didn't literally mean it sent a signal. Mew created the Pokemon so I'm pretty sure Mew knows everything about that Pokemon whethere it be Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Zapdos, Dragonite, etc, Mew knows it's strengths and weaknesses, moves, gender, everything; because he created them. That's what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back