• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ribbons

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • This could go as 3rd Generation, but you get most of them in R/S/E so... Generation III introduced a new feature, ribbons. These were just small rewards for doing things like winning contests, maxing EVs, etc. So which was you favourite ribbon? Which of your Pokémon had the most ribbons? Did you like the idea of them? Which was the hardest to get? How could have they been improved?

Discuss

Spr_3r_350.png

So silky~

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think I loved the Cool Contest Master ribbon... because it was the first one I got with hard work. Not some wishy-washy League Beating ribbon, or some Hard-Worker ribbon. My Swellow had the most, Master Cool, Normal Smard, Hard Worker, Beat the League. My hardest to get was the Beauty Master rank, becuz I tried it with five different Pokés. Oh, I don't think they could've been improved much, although there could be some misc ribbons for winning so many battles or something.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I didn't really care much for ribbons to be honest. The contests were fun and something different, and having a ribbon to commemorate your victory was nice, but i didn't really do it for the ribbons, and i didn't try to get as many as possible or anything

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
    Years
  • I thought ribbons were a great addition to the series, which is why I'm angry they were unobtainable in gen V. Unacceptable!
    Obviously, the 'achievement' ribbons aren't worth much, like League Ribbons, but there were some which are well worth the effort, like the Earth Ribbon from Colosseum and XD. When they were continued in Gen IV there were also the 'rich' ones you could buy, which are also fun for richies like me. I made it a mission to make my Emerald Castform get as many of the ribbons as possible, only giving up on Gen III's Victory Ribbon for th Battle Tower.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I liked having ribbons in my game. My Gorebyss has the most ribbons of all my Pokémon and it is the Pokémon I cherish the most. I really liked working hard at things like Mt. Battle to get more ribbons. I think there should have been more for other little things, or maybe better presented in the PokéNav.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I liked trying to collecting all the Ribbons with no luck. My Metagross Nikki has the most ribbons on a pokemon though. I was kind of disappointed there were none to collect in any Unova game.

Yes the Ribbons were Fun and challaging to get.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
    Years
  • My skarmory and swellow had a whole bunch of ribbons. They were a great addition to the game because you felt like you were earning something by completing certain tasks.

Back