• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    If you're referring to the ice that blocks the ladder in Arctic Cave, then I reached that part last night as well. But I also watched a walkthrough on YouTube last night and the guy didn't have that problem which means their has to be a patch, I suppose?

Ttar0914

Years
  • If you're referring to the ice that blocks the ladder in Arctic Cave, then I reached that part last night as well. But I also watched a walkthrough on YouTube last night and the guy didn't have that problem which means their has to be a patch, I suppose?

Well, it seems that you don't have beta 2 yet, because beta 2 goes up to the battle against light.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Well, it seems that you don't have beta 2 yet, because beta 2 goes up to the battle against light.

So I guess beta is in the attachment file on the first page? Does that mean I'll have to restart the game?? I feel like its relevant but I'm new to all this which is why I'm pretty much lost.

Ttar0914

Years
  • So I guess beta is in the attachment file on the first page? Does that mean I'll have to restart the game?? I feel like its relevant but I'm new to all this which is why I'm pretty much lost.

You don't have to start a new game, just save in a pokemon center next to your position (except for astraeus city!) or if you've already got fly just fly to any city except for astraeus city because it's broken in beta 2.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Hi frndz I am playing dark rising 2 I recently met light with his xerneas and battle him then he disappeared now I am standing in front of gate which leads to alfheim city but I cannot get through it,now what should I do;-;
    ;-;;-;;-;​

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Hi there. Just want to ask Is it safe to use my old save file now?
    yes its safe to use i i tried it and worked
    Hi frndz I am playing dark rising 2 I recently met light with his xerneas and battle him then he disappeared now I am standing in front of gate which leads to alfheim city but I cannot get through it,now what should I do;-;
    ;-;;-;;-;​
    Dude,That's the end of beta

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    It's still in beta, right?

Anyway, the download link on the main post downloads a corrupted file weight 33 kb,can anyone please update it or pm me with a healthy link? Much appriciated :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Back in Beta 1, for all my save files, i saved in astraeus city.

I never expected it to be buggy.

Am i screwed?

Is there ANY chance i can salvage my save files/progress?

Because even when i patch beta 2 to a clean FR rom, the game still crashes/hangs when i try to get out of Astraeus city by flying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2019
    Back in Beta 1, for all my save files, i saved in astraeus city.

I never expected it to be buggy.

Am i screwed?

Is there ANY chance i can salvage my save files/progress?

Because even when i patch beta 2 to a clean FR rom, the game still crashes/hangs when i try to get out of Astraeus city by flying.

If you still have Beta 1, you can re-patch it or transfer the save file to get out of there first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2014
    Remake or Sequel

it says it a sequel however ive read the script and it loijs the same??? just wondering

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Beta 2 Official Release
    ...Okay, not really.
    2e3yel5.png
    2hwda1c.png

I'm releasing an official Beta 2 release Right Now due to my schedule and upcoming events in my life. I'm 100% positive I won't be able to work on the rest of the hack for at least another 2 months (This may seem like I'm making an excuse for a summer break. I'm Not! Promise ^.^).

The beta contains the follow:
    You can now battle for your 7th badge!
    Prinpulp/Empoleon stats have been fixed.
    Breloom now has Spore
    Gym Leader's signature Pokemon have a slight buff to their stats.
    Noble Beach has a new area accessible. You can enter Noble Cave from this area where Torchic & Chimchar can be caught. (This area was very recently added to the last updated beta, but I never mentioned it & wanted to remind some people now in case they missed it.)
    The Endless Garden is Now available!

The Beta ends after a Climatic Battle (I'm serious this time!). I know some of you expected more, but this added portion of the hack was all I could finalize at the moment. After the next two months are over, I'll get back to finishing the hack. I'll check in every now and then to see if any errors were spotted as I'm sure those annoying bugs have crept into one of my scripts or something. Although it's very short, I feel the last battle of the beta is sure to keep everyone busy/talking for a long time.

A Sneak Peak Of Dark Rising: Order Destroyed
    30vdjic.png

Deviantart Image By Carminadelic.
    "... a deity we know not hath dwell and watched, and from beneath where man dare not tread,
    it gazed upon the world."
    *Excerpt from the book Funérailles Verset, circa 1005
    15cdanl.png
    Order Destroyed is a mini Rom Hack that tells the aftermath of Dark Rising 2. If you're interested in the storyline of The Dark Rising Series, This Is For You. If you play the Dark Rising Series for any other reason such as a challenge, This Isn't For You. This mini Hack is specifically made to create a bridge between Dark Rising 2 & Dark Rising 3. If you've been acknowledging the story of Dark Rising 2 so far, you would recognize the two names mentioned in the screenshot above. This hack will only be about 3 hours of game play. It will release on the same day the final beta of Dark Rising 2 releases. It will not have it's own thread.

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • 7 gyms thats what iv been kinda waiting for before downloading this, im so happy thank you. Thank you as well for leaving us with such a wonderful hack and take all the time in the world as you have left us with dark rising and dark rising 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back