• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sevii Islands

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I just finished exploring all the Sevii Islands and wow I thought they were an excellent addition to an already superb remake. However there's still alot of Mystery surrounding them that I believe can be discussed.

First of all where is the direct location of the Sevii Isles, in relation to Kanto? I believe..that Bill says they are South of Cinnabar Island but can anyone confirm that.

Also what exactly are the origins of the Sevii Isles? and why do so many legendary Pokemon flock there? (Moltres, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Deoxys) On the 7th Isle there's an old lady that says (and I quote directly from the game)
    These islands are called the SEVII ISLANDS because there are seven....or at least that's what the young people believe. The truth is, these islands are so named because they are said to have been made in seven days.
    Which leads to my next question...we know that there are more than seven islands because of the special event islands...Birth Island, Navel Rock. Perhaps there may be more Islands in the Sevii region that haven't been discovered yet? Hypothetically I think it's possible because that whole area seems pretty secluded.

Also what are your thoughts on the Chambers in the Tanoby ruins? What else could they possibly be holding..besides the Unown on the walls. Judging by the names (Viapois, Dilford, Monean, Rixy, Weepth, Scufib, Liptoo Chambers) My wild guess is that they're the tombs of ancient Pharoahs or rulers from over 1,500 years ago. (since we know from the Ruin Maniac outside one of the chambers that is how long ago they can be traced back) maybe the names of the Chambers could be Ancient Pokemon?

Finally what do you guys think was the purpose of Altering Cave...it seemed like a never ending puzzle...but maybe theres more too it.

Also what was your favorite Sevii Isle? (non event-wise)
    1. Knot Island
    2. Boon Island
    3. Kin Island
    4. Floe Island
    5. Chrono Island
    6. Fortune Island
    7. Quest Island

I'd have to say my favorite was Fortune Island (6) because of Ruin Valley, and Pattern Bush were 2 of my favorite locations.

Second favorite would have to be Quest Island...there's some really tough trainers that can give you good exp. (even more with Vs. Seeker) the Battle Tower, and the Tanoby Ruins.

As you can tell the Sevii Islands were my favorite parts of this game.
    Sevii Islands

Also here's a map I found of the Islands..https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Sevii_Island.jpg

Last edited:

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hehe, yeah, the islands are really cool, especially the ruins because they really do give you an impression that there's something more there. Actually, for all we know, there just might be ^^; I guess my favourite place was the pattern bush because that's where I got my first heracross ^^;

But, still, my FAVOURITE ever post-finish pokemon solution remains what they did in G/S/C ^^; Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just finish one region and cross over to another? ^^; New gyms, new pokemon, new trainers... le sigh ^^;

sunny99

Sanin of the Darkness Clan
    Years
  • actually, there is more to altering cave than meets the eye, there are jhoto pokemon there that are NOT found anywhere else in the cave, BUT u must do something with the mystery gift to unlock them, i have no idea wat to do. here are the pokemon found in the cave:

Zubat
    Mareep
    Aipom
    Pineco
    Teddiusra(don't know how to spell it)
    Shuckle
    Houndour
    Stantler
    Smeargle

Years
  • I rad what it altering cave is for somewhere but i can't remember what u had to do to make it work
    Theres also an altering cave in emerald which is exactly the same as the one in red/green

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Giovanni's Mewtwo said:
    I rad what it altering cave is for somewhere but i can't remember what u had to do to make it work
    Theres also an altering cave in emerald which is exactly the same as the one in red/green

It invloves Mystery Gift but no even the guys at Serebii.net know what to do! that Altering cave is evil!

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • I saw the title & i thought this would be the appropriet place to ask this question. how do you unlock Sevii islands? (pleez do not tell me to go to simple question thread im going to ask them to).

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    encyclopediajm said:
    I saw the title & i thought this would be the appropriet place to ask this question. how do you unlock Sevii islands? (pleez do not tell me to go to simple question thread im going to ask them to).
    The first oppurtunity to reach the Sevii Islands...will be after you defeat the 7th Gym Leader Blaine, on Cinnabar Island.

After you exit his Gym with the Volcanoe Badge, Bill will ask you if you want to sail to the Sevii Islands with him. You can chose whether or not to go. If you do chose to go to the Islands before beating the Elite 4...then you will only be able to go to the first 3 Islands..until you beat the Elite 4, then you can go to the rest.

Moltres can only be caught on Island 1.

Back