• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Team?

Favorite line-up of mine?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have three Teams i have used that worked out great for me!

1. Bug/Bug-like: Pinsir, Scyther, Butterfree, Beedrill, Venomoth(later traded out for Heracross), and Parasect(later traded out for Kabutops)

2. Dragon/Dragon-like: Charizard, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Dragonite, and Seadra(later evolved to Kingdra) (later added Tyranitar)

3. Ash Ketchum(sort of): Charizard, Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax, and Jigglypuff(technically not actually his Pokemon but followed him around enough in the first season to be called his)

4. Safari Zone: Chansey, Scyther, Pinsir, Tauros, Kangaskhan, and Dragonite(technically not only in Safari Zone because of the Game Corner, but it can only actually be CAUGHT in the Safari Zone as Dratini)

Last edited:
Years
Building teams and using them to beat the game is entirely different when it comes to choose a team. I use a diversity to overcome every trainer and beat the game. So i voted None of the above option in your Poll

Building teams and using them to beat the game is entirely different when it comes to choose a team. I use a diversity to overcome every trainer and beat the game. So i voted None of the above option in your Poll

Last edited:
Years

Thats why I prefer my Ash Ketchum Team. It is the most diverse type wise. Fire, Flying, Water, Ice, Normal, and Electricity. These specific Pokemon also have a wide variety of moves like Charizards Steel move Metal Claw. I also have taught Jigglypuff the Water move Water Pulse and Pikachu the Fighting move Brick Break. This is my strategy team. I use this for gyms and the Elite Four. The others are Type-based teams, made more for show rather than to battle, although the Safari Zone line-up is fairly diverse. When it comes to being a successful trainer, I always take diversity into account.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was gonna merge this with the Q&A thread, but because you have a poll, I don't want to have to go through the trouble of deleting the poll since last time I did something like that, it was a big mess. So please ask in the Q&A thread. Normally I'd point you to in-game team help, but you need to have a team and movesets selected before you go there, but I'm pretty sure there's a thread in there for help picking the Pokemon themselves.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back