• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Maison Singles

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
Years
  • Working on making a battle maison team and I finally bred my first perfect Gligar with Immunity HA Ability for the purpose of my battle maison team with careful nature (-SPATK, +SPDEF) with 31HP/31ATK/31DEF/0-30SPATK/31SPDEF/31SPD! Took forever but finally done, just need to find a razor claw to evolve him! For him I have this planned:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252HP, 252 DEF, 4 ATK
    Moves: Toxic, Knock Off, Roost, Earthquake

Its obvious, hes my physical wall used to stall, remove items and kill slowly with toxic! I have earthquake incase of taunt so hes not useless, so this is pokemon number one!

Pokemon number two I have yet to breed but here is what I am planning on doing. I am going to breed an Adamant Scrappy Kangaskhan with IVs of 31HP/31ATK/31DEF/0-30SPATK/31SPDEF/31SPD and setup like this:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252ATK, 252 SPD, 4HP
    Moves: Power-Up Punch, Crunch, Return, Aerial Ace

This is pretty obvious, too! He is my damage master! I had a tough choice between earthquake, rock slide or aerial ace but I figured my gliscor has earthquake and I am weak to fighting so why not take the fighting types out with a powered up aerial ace? If you can recommend any other move or recommend I rune arthquake or rock slide please let me know!

Now here is where I am struggling, deciding on a third pokemon! I was thinking maybe rotom was with 31HP/0-30ATK/31DEF/31SPATK/31SPDEF/31SPD and going 252HP, 252SPDEF, 4SPATK EVs with Will-o-wisp, volt switch, hydropump and shadowball with modest nature and levitate ability.....but im not sure!

Any recommendations for my third pokemon and changes I should make to my team would be great! Would also be cool if you could recommend a 4th for double battles and such later when I get my singles trophy! Please help me however you can!

I could also use help obtaining a razor fang to evolve my gligar, if anyone has one to help me with please, please help me! Thanks in advance!

Thanks for any and all information you all are about to give! I appreciate the help so much!

Thanks!

Styxx

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Jolly is the preferred nature on Mega-Kangaskhan so it outspeeds more stuff. Parental Bond and a +2 boost from Power-Up Punch give you more than enough power. Earthquake is also better than Aerial Ace. A STAB max power Return is stronger than a super-effective Aerial Ace:

Return: 102x1.5=153
    Aerial Ace: 60x2=120

Earthquake allows Kanga to destroy Steels that would other wise tank its moves. Ground gets nice coverage anyway. Gliscor can handle the Fighting types Kanga can't (and Gliscor isn't gonna spam Earthquake anyway; its role is a more defensive one).

As for your 3rd Pokemon, a specially defensive water type is probably a good idea. Gliscor is your physical wall, so that side of things is already covered, Gliscor also very much appreciates an Ice and Water resistant poke, and your team could use something that dishes out special attacks so you aren't walled by opposing physical walls.

Rotom-W fills that role nicely:

-Rotom Wash w/Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP, 56 Sp.Attack, 220 Speed
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt Switch/Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp, something

-Rotom Wash w/Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP, 28 Sp.Attack, 232 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt Switch/Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave, Pain Split

Vaporeon also makes for a beautiful bulky water type:

-Vaporeon w/Lum Berry or Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Scald, Wish, Protect, Ice Beam/Roar/Toxic

If you need a Razor Fang, try the Items Quick Trade Thread.

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend using this team for Doubles; singles and doubles are quick different battle environments, and what works in one rarely works in the other.

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
    Years
  • Here is what I decided! My Gligar is ready to go and level just need to wait till night to level him up! Still need to breed my rotom and kangaskhan but will get that done hopefully soon, so without further ado here is my future Super Singles Battle Maison Team:

Battle Maison Singles

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
    Scrappy Ability; IVs = 31/31/31/0-30/31/31
    Jolly Nature; 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hitpoints
    Moves: Power-Up Punch, Return, Crunch, Earthquake

Battle Maison Singles

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal Ability; IVs = 31/31/31/0-30/31/31
    Careful Nature; 252 Hitpoints, 252 Defense, 6 Special Defense
    Moves: Toxic, Knock Off, Roost, Earthquake

Battle Maison Singles

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Levitate Ability; IVs = 31/0-30/31/31/31/31
    Calm Nature; 248 Hitpoints, 28 Special Attack, 232 Special Defense
    Moves: Hydro-Pump, Will-o-wisp, Hex, Thunderbolt

Hope this does me well! Any improvements please make the recommendation!

Thanks

Styxx

Back