• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen RATE MY FIGHTING TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falkor

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2009
The Lead
Bidoof A.K.A.
ivegotaids
@ Adamant Orb
Nature: Bold
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 Str, 4 Stam, level 18 eeeohhhh uuohhhh

Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl
Odor Sleuth
Quick Attack

This is my lead. I plan on setting up with Defense Curl, then Odor Sleuthing to prevent the enemy lead from Double Teaming up and Baton Passing. Tackle and Quick Attack for the STAB, with the Adamant Orb that's a staggering 14 Battle Power Attack. Growl for any physical threats that come in.

- The Physical Wall
Metapod A.K.A.
Hardovru
@ Macho Brace
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 142 Atk / 253 Def

Harden
- - - -
- - - -
- - - -

What can I say? This guy is a beast. He completely walls maxed splashed Magikarps, and laughes at Bidoofs STAB'd tackles which rule the OU metagame. I just have to watch out for a Tail Whip.

- The Physical Sweeper
Magikarp A.K.A.
raped
@ Super Rod
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spe

Splash
Tackle
- - - -
- - - -

This poke completely tears up the OU metagame. With a STAB tackle attack, there's nothing that can stand in its' way, maybe except for a 6x Hardened Metapod. I took out Flail for less PP so that I can get the Struggle proc faster, max'd EVs because we all know Magikarp can't take the risk of being hit while setting up. The Super Rod increase my chance of Splash being 10% more effective.

- The Special Sweeper
Unown A.K.A. m. @ TM12
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 3 Spe

Hidden Power : Normal
- - - -
- - - -
- - - -

This is my special sweeper. With Sunkerns running lose in the OU standards, Unown may seem like an unorthodox approach at the Special Sweeping metagame. But what's not to go wrong? Hidden Power Normal tears up about 95% of the OU standard team, leaving the 5% to Igglybuff which it doesnt affect. Good for taking out those pesky 6x hardened Metapods.

- The Special Wall
Sunkern A.K.A.
wetpussyinmyface
@ Super Potion
Nature: Pessimistic
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 414 HP / 23 Str / 21 Vit / 52 Stam

Harden
Hidden Power Grass
Hidden Power Normal
Growl

This is a special Sunkern I got from Japan through Wi-fi after the pokemon special movie event, Pokemon and the Mysterious Legend of the Giant Sunkern. This Sunkern can wall just about anything thrown out against it. Hidden Power Grass for those pesky Magikarps and Caterpies. As you can tell by the EVs, I'm going for more of a Berserker Sunkern over the traditional 75 Warrior / 37 Ninja build.

- The Staller
Wurmple A.K.A
idigintopussy
@ Safari Ball
Nature: Like to eat food
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 2 HP / 2 MP

Tackle
Fly
String Shot
Growl

I pull this guy out when I want a long match. I traded this over from my Poke'mon Water Blue version, I caught it in Saffron HQ after evolving it from Trapinch, its' former form. I start off with tackle, hoping that it will flinch with the Safari Ball equipped. Growl and String Shot to stop the standard Bulky Magikarp. After I Growl, I Fly to avoid more damage. I put the extra 2 EVs in MP so I can get more Growls off, which is really make or break against a fully splashed Magikarp rampaging through your team.

- The Back-Up
Ditto A.K.A. *****please @ Acro Bike
Nature: Vicious (+Atk, - Atk)
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Atk / 125 Def

Transform
Judgment
- - - -
- - - -

This is my bad boy right here. Just in case things get ugly and out of hand, I have this guy to back me up. I chose Judgment over Roar of Time due to the much needed STAB, because we all know Ditto lacks the Special Attack stat, that's why I put my EVs into Atk. Transform can OHKO a fully splashed Magikarp after String Shot damage. As my father always has said, when the tough gets going, the going gets Ditto.

Here are some Transform damage numbers I ran through the calculators

Transform @ Fully Splashed Magikarp = 104% - 106%
Transform @ Fully Hardened Metapod = 26% - 36%
Transform @ Tail Whip x1 Bidoof = 64% - 78%
Transform @ Standard Bulky Caterpie = 12% - 16%

- Glitch
Missingno. @ Rare Candy + Master Ball
Nature: Adamantoise
Ability: Item Duplication
EVs: 252 Bird

Water Gun
Sky Attack
Sky Attack
- - - -

This guy does miracles. The item duplications help alot, especially in standard matches when Leftovers are banned due to luck hax. If things get ugly, I can always break their Hall of Fame. Two Sky Attacks due me well considering the STAB due to Missingno.s' unique Bird typing.

All in all I think my team is very solid. The only thing that concerns me is Bulky Caterpies, which completely stop Ditto in his tracks, and those pesky Swords Dance Burmys.

That's my team. If any dare to challenge it, here's my friend code

666 666 666

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
wrong forum. and no way in hell your friend code is that, their 4 digits each section. AND YOU FAIL HORRIBLY AT SpAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back