• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Team Havoc

Hello Forum! I welcome you to be a part of this team so we can accomplish a project together!

Pokemon Genetic Origins

ROM being used:FireRed ROM

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

Hello guys my name is Negix and welcome to Team Havoc! I've been waiting quite awhile to present my ideas and story as a way to entertain people. The purpose of this team is to gather the creativity of dedicated hackers and then make something interesting that anyone can enjoy. This team will come together for the creation of a game that will make the player be captivated by it. We will strive to achieve excellent feedback from the players and put it to good use. I've been writing stories ever since middle school and I've got enough experience to come up with interesting stories that you guys will enjoy.

My goal right now is to show others that anyone can make a wonderful hack if they put their patience, ideas and creativity to the test. I want to focus on what a player would want to enjoy the most in a game and how I can make something completely fresh and new from the rest. If time would let us, I would like to continue with this team after these hacks are made and continue to dish-out excellent material.

The reason I wanted to make this team was because I've always wanted a way to show people a great story. There are numerous ROM hacks made by other members of this forum which I mostly enjoy. This is why I want to be a part of those that have contributed an awesome game and have a great team that is responsible for the creation of one. The best feeling of this is when people recognize a game and then say what a splendid job the team had made in the making of it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About the Game

The name of this game will be called Pokemon Genetic Origins(name can be subjected to change). I noticed that there are not a lot of ROM hacks that focus on the character. This is what motivated me to start an interesting story and focus not on just the meaning of Pokemon, but also on the importance and role of a character in a game. However, this does not imply that everything will be revolved around a single thing, but more on how the story presents to you options and the interaction between you and Pokemon.

Storyline

It was a stormy night and deep within the woods of an island close to the Kanto region, a boy with spiky red hair, wearing a white shirt and short pants probably around ten years old was running through a pitch dark forest not knowing where he is or what is happening. He's simply running away from a group that is chasing him. This group is the army; they've been conducting experiments to make artificial human beings capable of talking to Pokemon and very much likely to control them. But it was when an experiment gone wrong with the now-disbanded team rocket that they wanted. This resulted in the creation of Mewtwo. These scientists wanted to create a human that can control Mewtwo and manipulate it to their will. To have in possession the greatest weapon created by man. It is said that this Pokemon was genetically created by using the DNA extracted by "The Mirage Pokemon, Mew". Not just was Mewtwo born with incredible psychic abilities, but he had enhanced strength and speed as well. These very same scientists that used to work on genetically creating Pokemon are continuing their lost research, but this time, they've taking it to a different level.

You start in the middle of a forest on an unknown island escaping from your pursuers. As you run through the forest, you finally see the exit, however, when you finally get out of the forest, there's only a flight of stairs that lead to a cliff. The soldiers surround you with their Houndours and proceed to take you by force. You had no way to escape, it's either to jump and fall to your death or be captured. Without a second thought, you jumped off the cliff and fell to the sea where you drifted unconsciously until you ended washed-up on the seashore of an island. Meanwhile, a young couple was strolling around the beach when they noticed a small boy unconscious on the sand and rushed to see if you were alright. Being caring and helpful, they take you into their home. Several hours later, you woke up to find yourself disorientated and wondering where you are.

After going down the stairs, the couple greets you and asks you questions wondering if you were abandoned or did an accident happened. Despite all of the effort, you could not answer them because you did not know who you are. They simply stared at you and thought it over a couple of times before reaching the conclusion that you were probably having amnesia. They wondered what to do with you, but after discussing it through, they decided to take you in to live with them until you regained your memories. You lived with your new parents for half a year until one day the army arrived at your island in search of you. They began asking questions and attacking people who refused to cooperate. When they managed to locate you, your father summoned his Pokemon to defend his family and help the villagers escape in an attempt to buy time. Everyone rushed to the docks and got on the boat, but your mother was worried about your father whom was still fighting. And in that instance you saw your dad perish as he was devoured by the Houndooms of the soldiers. You felt your heart tremble and tears started running down your face while wondering what were these emotions that you were feeling. After the boat reached open waters, you saw the island getting farther and farther away, and as you were about to turn away, you heard a loud roar and noticed a white dog-like beast standing majestically on top of a cliff. Five years had passed from that incident and you were living with your mother in Amethyst city of the Umbra region. Here, you attended the Academy of Research and History on Poketology wanting to know more about the mysteries of Pokemon.

Features

• New region (Umbra)
    • Pokemon from Gen I-IV and VI
    • New Soundtrack
    • New hero/heroine
    • New trainer sprites
    • Day and night system
    • The community's choices affect the storyline
    • New graphics and tiles
    • New evil "team"
    • Minigames
    • Old regions such as Kanto
    • Side-quests/events
    • More than 1 rival
    • Pictures of people over the text box
    • No Hm's except for fly and surf
    • Increased difficulty
    • And much more…

Application Form

Username:
    Skills:
    Applying as:
    Proof of Work:
    Time Zone:
    Contact Information:
    Availability:

Positions being looked for

Title Screen Creator
    Advanced Scripter (Priority)
    ASM
    Tileset Inserter/Editor/Custom
    Spriters x2(Priority)
    Advanced Mapper x3
    Music Composer Editor
    CSS
    Character face sets
    World Mapper
    Artist(Someone who can draw pictures well)
    You may apply for something else that isn't here.

Current Team Members

Negix: Creator, storyliner, mapping and basic scripting,
    Synbit: Mapper, Tile inserter and OW Map.
    KALM: Mapper and Tile Inserter.
    gatolete25: OW spriter.
    Metas: Scripter

Progression So Far

Story
    lrg_50_done_by_altiz_studio-d65byfx.gif

Tiles
    lrg_starting_by_altiz_studio-d65byiw.png

Mapping

Eventing

Moves inserting

Music
    lrg_red_bar_done_by_altiz_studio-d65by2o.gif

Pokemon inserting

Credits

xVaporeon for the amazing userbar.

Additional Information

This is a project for the enjoyment of creating something fun and getting to interact with new people. So when working, have fun, talk and make some friends. Also if you feel something isn't right or needs to be fixed or changed, let me know. Feel free to pitch in your own thoughts on how we can make what we have even better. Also when criticizing, make sure it's constructive and be honest with your opinion. If anyone has any questions regarding something from the hack, please direct all your inquiries to me via PM or by my email: [email protected]

Also I speak both Spanish and English fluently in case someone wants to join but doesn't speak one of either language. Anyone is welcome as long as they are committed to help out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thread now updated with the latest information on the hack. Complete intro to the storyline, few other features added and the screenshot for the title screen(for now).

Still looking for members to join.

Years
  • Well, what skills do you have?
    The positions I'm looking for are listed on the first post. If you would like to join, make sure to fill out the Application Form. If it's story-wise and features, I usually work alone in that aspect.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
    Years
  • Um excuse me but they was already a hak using the Zhery region ( very similar to Zery ) I think maybe you should change yours to avoid anyone thinking you are stealing ideas :)

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Username: TD.
    Skills: Storylining.
    Applying as: Storyliner.
    Proof of Work: I haven't worked in other hacks before but have been a Roleplayer for almost 2 years.
    Time Zone: UTC + 5:30.
    Contact Information: You can send me VMs or PMs.
    Availability: In my timezone till January 9th I will be active from 12:30 to 3:00. After that I'll be active on weekends from 2:00 to 4:00.

I know you tend to work on the story by yourself but i think it would be nice if you have somebody else to help you to work on the storyline. After all even great authors took a few ideas from their friends.

Years
  • Hm...I don't mind accepting you, cause of course, even I tend to slip-off most of the time in my writing and ideas. Not to mention it would be great to have someones different point of view and ideas to better the game. The problem is the availability. Once January starts, I'll be busy with classes, all tho I will still be on PC the sufficient amount to work,but, I need to know that my members can be there when I need them. I'll think it through and PM you tomorrow once I've decided.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Hm...I don't mind accepting you, cause of course, even I tend to slip-off most of the time in my writing and ideas. Not to mention it would be great to have someones different point of view and ideas to better the game. The problem is the availability. Once January starts, I'll be busy with classes, all tho I will still be on PC the sufficient amount to work,but, I need to know that my members can be there when I need them. I'll think it through and PM you tomorrow once I've decided.

I myself have classes on January but i think I will be fairly active. Anyway, no problem. As leader of the project you need to think about accepting some guys. I saw the story so I was attracted to this thing.

Years
  • Bump.

So, I updated the thread once again with what's going to be included in the hack. And some of you(those who actually read and are interested) might wonder why I wrote "The community's choices affect the story" in the features part. Now let me explain. Threads that usually have polls, are used to give an opportunity to the community to become a part of the process on where a hack is being made. Either by expressing their opinions, supporting, or helping directly. You might wonder where I'm going with this... Well..

As of yet, I haven't seen a hack that lets the community decide what will happen next in a story. What I want to do in the making of the game, is end each beta when the character has to make an important decision. Thus when the player makes the decision, the beta will end. After the beta is out, a poll will be opened with various options. The people of this community then vote, and the highest score at the end date will determine what ending was the most popular. With this in mind, the story will continue from the ending the community chose instead.

Doing this,also affects the characters behavior. By making him go insane or ending up righteous and making his decision on who he/she really wants to be.

I hope this gets some of you excited for the hack. Thanks for reading. Help and support are always appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Anyone interested in helping out at all? There's a lot of work to be done and I can't do it all alone. It takes time for me to simply insert tiles and accommodate them correctly on the program. On top of that, I still need to insert tiles for caves and indoors, insert the pokemon plus make them to move and their cries. Finally, to look for every single attacks that are going to be added, and insert them from scratch. Tile insertion as it is takes enough of my time, if anyone could give me a hand I would appreciate it, if not, with something else, I would be grateful.

What I need for now are:
    Spriters x2
    Tile Inserter (Just one is enough. I can do this but it will take sometime before I even finish.
    Mappers x3
    ASM
    Titlescreen Creator

I may end up finishing inserting all the tiles that I need by next week. So, if I am able to, I may start mapping and posting a few screenshots of what you may see in the game.

Years
  • Update:
    -Outdoor and Cave tiles are now finished.
    -Music is already inserted all tho some minor editing will be needed to make them loop.
    -Pokemons from generation I-V have been added and are animated.

Still need help with the project. In need of spriters, someone to make a custom title screen, mappers and a music editor. If you have some free time and would like to help out with the project. Leave a comment with your application form or leave me a PM, I'll respond to you as soon as I can. Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back