• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Trick Room team?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
I'll be using this team for triple battles. Here's the team.

Audino (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Healer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Simple Beam
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room
Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
Luxray (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Superpower
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Superpower
Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
Throh (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Body Slam

My plan is to TR with Audino first round, then Simple Beam the sweepers, healing when necessary. Luxray is there to intimidate any physical sweepers that are out. I'm considering adding a 2nd intimidator, I'll possibly get rid of Throh for Gyarados or something. Also, Protect is on Audino so if there's a pokemon with fighting type moves out, I can have my sweepers take it out then set up when the threat is eliminated.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I wouldn't recommend using Calm Mind on Trick Room Reuniclus, even though you have Simple Beam. You wouldn't get enough set up time, especially not in triples. Just use Shadow Ball, or maybe even Recover.

And your Throh should be replaced with Conkeldurr.

A note of advice, Trick Room is an offensive playstyle. The goal should be to use Trick Room and then hit as hard as possible before it runs out. It doesn't mix well with Bulky boosting.

And you might wanna add an Amoongus with Spore to your team. You wont be disappointed.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
Would Simple Beam work with Guts? Also, what should I replace with Amoongus? I was thinking Luxray, since he dies to recoil pretty fast, and the other pokemon just seem way too good to replace.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Simple Beam and Guts have no relation whatsoever. It would neither benefit nor hinder it. You can replace Throh with Amoongus, you already have Scrafty.

Intimidate is useful in triples. Luxray seems a bit fast for TR. But I guess it'd be good to have as a backup when TR turns run out. But a bulky Gyarados might be better.

And another suggestion. Why don't you try replacing Audino with Bronzong? You'll miss Simple Beam, but you'll gain a better TR setter with much better defensive typing and a strong STAB Gyro Ball.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
I've replaced Throh with Conkeldurr, and Luxray with Amoonguss. I might replace Conkeldurr with a bulky Gyarados, but Conk's att after Guts is just so good so I'll try him out for a while first.

As for replacing Audino, I'm not sure. I made this team with the goal to make Audino useful in OU, and I like the Heal Pulse that she brings to the table. She's saved my sweepers numerous times. But I'll see how I do with Audino, and if I start doing bad, I'll try replacing her with Bronzong.

Edit: Does reflect apply to all pokemon on my side in triple battles? I've been looking around for alternatives to Simple Beam and Reflect seems to fit my team like a glove.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Yes, Reflect shields all 3 Pokemon on your side. But the damage reduction is much less. I don't know how much it is triples, but in doubles it's reduced by 1/3.

Back