• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.
1-use ape
2-there is evulotion editor pro by dartharon
3-change the script on the s flags

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Is there a way to make custom palettes or get different ones in the program included with elitemap; "Spread"?

never EVER use elite map, it is outdated. try going with Advanced map(has a palette editor for the tiles) and Advanced Palette editor (APE)(edits ANY palette)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

Spoiler:

Thank you!

May I suggest you downloading XSE (eXtreme Script Editor) ? The syntax is not that different from ScriptEd but it's way easier and better. Also, it comes with a guide too. You can get it in my Tools Factory thread in the Toolbox. Oh, and by the way... we have a thread specific for script help, you better ask there next time ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Is there a good list of Pokemon Diamond hex values for the scripts/events/maps?
Or is there a tutorial on how to find them?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Hemm, I tried to edit a multichoice, but in the game it doesn't quite work. I followed this to do this.

What I did is two options with [buffer1] and [buffer2]. Before the multichoice I did two bufferattack lines. With a normal message this should work, but it looks like it doesn't with a multichoice.

Is there a way to make this work? I need this for a script where the attacks of your Pokémon are shown in a multichoice (I know there is a special to do this, but it doesn't quite work for my script. It stores the slot number of the attack, but I need the number of the attack.)

Oh yeah, about the special. I believe it's 0xDC. It lets you select an attack and stores the number of the slot in a var.
I don't need the slot number, but the number of the attack (like those in attackstd.rbc). If the multichoice thing doesn't work, is there a way to get the number of the attack based on what attack is in attack slot x of pokémon y?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do I change the sprite of Prof. Birch at the into? I can't find him on unLZ-GBA.

Prof. Birch is uncompressed, and unLZ will find compressed sprites. Therefore you need a tile editor.

Hemm, I tried to edit a multichoice, but in the game it doesn't quite work. I followed this to do this.

What I did is two options with [buffer1] and [buffer2]. Before the multichoice I did two bufferattack lines. With a normal message this should work, but it looks like it doesn't with a multichoice.

Is there a way to make this work? I need this for a script where the attacks of your Pokémon are shown in a multichoice (I know there is a special to do this, but it doesn't quite work for my script. It stores the slot number of the attack, but I need the number of the attack.)

Oh yeah, about the special. I believe it's 0xDC. It lets you select an attack and stores the number of the slot in a var.
I don't need the slot number, but the number of the attack (like those in attackstd.rbc). If the multichoice thing doesn't work, is there a way to get the number of the attack based on what attack is in attack slot x of pokémon y?

I'm sorry but the multichoice command won't work with buffers. Anyway, if there's a special that let you choose the attacks I would rather use that. Thing is the returned value is the slot, and not the attack value. So you would then need an ASM routine to retrieve the attack value from the selected slot.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Is there a way for a player to leave a map, go set a flag, then come back and have a different map where the original one was?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Two Questions

1.Is there a way to change the shiny rate to 1/2000 instead of the 1/8000 or whatever the default is?

2.Can the max money amount be increased to 9,999,999 instead of 999,999?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1.Is there a way to change the shiny rate to 1/2000 instead of the 1/8000 or whatever the default is?

2.Can the max money amount be increased to 9,999,999 instead of 999,999?

Both can done through ASM.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Is there a way for a player to leave a map, go set a flag, then come back and have a different map where the original one was?
Do a level script that has a setmapfooter command.

Basic setup:

Code:
#org 0xblahblah
checkflag 0xblah
if 0x1 goto 0xyadayada
end

#org 0xyadayada
setmapfooter 0x[map footer number, might need a little work to get the right number]
end

Make sure that events line up properly (warp tiles are in the same spot, people aren't in walls, ect.)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Do a level script that has a setmapfooter command.

Basic setup:

Code:
#org 0xblahblah
checkflag 0xblah
if 0x1 goto 0xyadayada
end

#org 0xyadayada
setmapfooter 0x[map footer number, might need a little work to get the right number]
end

Make sure that events line up properly (warp tiles are in the same spot, people aren't in walls, ect.)

I've tried and done this before... it doesn't work unless you can FIND the map footers, that and you have to find the date in the footer to edit it...
My hack was going to be based on that little feature, to have the environment affected by the weather, but I had no luck...
Hope it works out though, heheh.

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Finding Map Footers is a pain, yes, but you can usually find where it is after a bit of trial-and-error.

For the weather, if the weather is affected by a flag, why not make that flag effect the map footer as well? Unless you mean using Rain Dance in battle or something :\

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Finding Map Footers is a pain, yes, but you can usually find where it is after a bit of trial-and-error.

For the weather, if the weather is affected by a flag, why not make that flag effect the map footer as well? Unless you mean using Rain Dance in battle or something :\

Oh no, I meant hard core weather effects, like emulating flooding, and the aftermath of a typhoon.
(Since my Hack is based on an Island Chain... Oh my, did I let that out!?! DAMN)

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Oh.

OH.

If you wanted to do something like this:
Spoiler:

You would need Map Footers. But if you don't want to warp in and out of a mountain (because you kind of need to do that to climb a mountain in Pokemon), you could do script based events with setmaptiles. Of course, those scripts would be agonizing with all the sepmaptile commands, but that's how it's done. For each of these, you will need Special 0x8E used to refresh the map.

Once you reach the final "raising of water" point, you can set a flag that activates a flag that activates a level script with a setmapfooter command, which sets the map footer to the same map but flooded.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Oh.

OH.

If you wanted to do something like this:
Spoiler:

You would need Map Footers. But if you don't want to warp in and out of a mountain (because you kind of need to do that to climb a mountain in Pokemon), you could do script based events with setmaptiles. Of course, those scripts would be agonizing with all the sepmaptile commands, but that's how it's done. For each of these, you will need Special 0x8E used to refresh the map.

Once you reach the final "raising of water" point, you can set a flag that activates a flag that activates a level script with a setmapfooter command, which sets the map footer to the same map but flooded.

The problem is finding WHAT footer data to use, and also editing it.
Editing footer data with A-Map doesn't work that well... (See Mirage Island in Pokemon R/S/E...)
I have yet to find a way to edit them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back