• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like kids ?

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Generally, I only like kids if they're quiet and respectful. That said, I kind of like to see a kid having or forming opinions and thinking for itself. Children that throw temper tantrums all of the time (especially at parents that spoil them already) and act like complete idiots are not my cup of tea.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Andy? Where are you? We need your presence, Andy! Arbiter of Youth, Loather of Children, Detester of Kids! Where is your foul presence, your venomous words on the subject of kids? We need your abhorrence of kids in this thread!

It can be said that I am the exact opposite of Andy when it comes to kids. I tend to turn a blind eye to the problems raising a child brings, rather than critically tearing them apart and breathing fire onto the prospect of raising a child. I love kids! A lot! They're all innocent to me, except for the few specimens of Pure and Uncontrolled Evil I've come across in my life. I want kids, four little kids to run around and act like little brats and little angels simultaneously.

Years
  • Geez, Andy. Leaving other people to pick up your slack.

Kids are, at best, a chore. They can't do anything for themselves. You have to feed them, carry them, clean them, entertain them, think for them, quiet them down, clothe them, keep them from hurting themselves, and generally give up your life to take care of them. If you're okay with that, then I suppose that's good for you.

At their worst they are demons with all the destructive powers of wild animals and all the protections of endangered species. You can't punish them or make them understand what they're doing so they keep on doing awful things like getting their nose fluids on your things, breaking your things, waking you up in the middle of the night, embarrassing you in public, and ugh I'm just annoyed thinking about all the things kids can do.

I've heard from a friend who has kids that there's this little switch in your head that someday might flick and you'll be all "I WANT BABIES!" Some people who never really felt they wanted kids, or never thought about it, are sudden overcome with the desire and in that sense I have to wonder if wanting kids is some kind of mental illness. If that's that case, I feel a little sad for people and a little worried I'll fall victim to this strange quirk of nature. I don't want to lose my sense of self, my independence, and my ability to speak without making baby noises in a funny voice.

. . .

Nah, actually some kids are okay in small doses if they're smart and all that. Still wouldn't want any of my own though since there's no guarantee they're turn out okay.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm okay with kids to an extent. I tend to uhh...stay away from them if they are sick or throwing loud tantrums. Because ahhh I can't seem to stand that at all. :(

Because 99% of the time when I get sick, it's from kid germs. *points at her two nieces*

Aside from that, I'm 50/50 towards them.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I love kids! Most of the time they're very sweet and quite humorous, depending on the age. Once they get old enough they are able to actually maintain a realistic conversation with you. Keep in mind that most of the time temper tantrums aren't constantly happening, and that there are plenty of good moments in between the bad ones. I hope to be a father some day, and have kids of my own.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Hello everybody, I'm glad you missed me in this thread!

So many people have answered the question on my behalf that I almost don't need to bother with this thread myself, however my hatred for children is so great that I felt the need to come and express it anyway!

Oh, look, I can't be bothered lol. Everybody knows my hatred for children and the reasons why, I've gone on enough about it over my time here on PokeCommunity :P so I'll just give you the Cliff Notes version:

1. They're grimy and annoying and take far too much patience to deal with
    2. I hate them more for what they do to the people who have them. They change them immediately from interesting people into mindsucking bores who think of nothing and nobody else but their children until the day they die.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Depends. Are they well behaved? It's mostly on a case by case basis. If they can keep quiet and not bounce off the walls then yes, they can be tolerated. The screaming brats who orbit around the room in a frenzy of destruction are the ones that I utterly despise.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I don't like babies or toddlers...egh -_- Once they reach school age, though, they can be okay if they're nice. Usually Pokemon gives me something to talk about and play with kids.

But the more I think about having kids of my own, the more it turns me off to it :P T me, it's like a really cool idea, but a repulsive one at the same time. I don't want to be pregnant or give birth, and I already mentioned that I don't like babies or toddlers...the idea of diapers and potty training and vomit and runny noses and sticky hands is just uggghhh. I wish that my child would just appear and already be 5 years old! XD

So yeah, young school-age kids can be fun to hang out with if they're nice and reasonably smart, especially if they like Pokemon since we have something in common. Kids of my own? Eh, maybe not, but who knows.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't really have any affection one way or the other towards children as a concept. There are some kids whom I like a lot. There are others who I can't stand at all. Ones that I see in the street or on TV seem kinda bratty for the most part, but I'm probably just seeing them at a bad moment, so try not to judge all youth on the basis of a few bratty infants.

Years
  • I can't stand 98% of kids. I am not even joking. I just can't stand whiny, crying, spoilt, loud children that the parents do nothing about. ure, it is the parents fault, but they aren't the ones that are making the noise.​

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Kids are terrible, terrible beings from birth to around the age of 7, when (if you're EXTREMELY lucky) they might mellow out a little bit. The only exception is my little princess because she doesn't break things or scream (that often) and I could be around her all the time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Case-by-Case Basis. I enjoy watching the kid that I have to pick up from school and watch until his dad picks him up. I like my cousins (for the most part). There a children that I like and enjoy being around. On the other hand, there are those spoiled, obnoxious kids that I can't stand to be around. Just like teenagers and basically human beings as a whole. Go figure that one out.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I like kids, but most kids don't like me back. I'm pretty good around the kids who can speak and are in the first or second grade, but when it comes to toddlers, stay away from me.

Back