• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    So happy with the new Poison/Dragon!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah I kinda see the relation between the 3 legends, Zygarde basically keeps Xerneas and Yveltal on check so they don't overdo their roles of Creating and Destroying. I can very much see a Zygarde having another form, as the description suggest Zygarde dwells on a cave monitoring the world in a sort of passive form. It could be the case that either Xerneas or Yveltal go out of control and Zygarde has to intervene to regain Order. I don't expect this in X and Y though maybe in the next Kalos game.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Am I the only one that's kinda glad they might be only introducing <90 PKMN this gen? Gen 5 had lots of forgettable PKMN and they introduced 150+ of the little guys. They can't just keeping adding more PKMN to expand the franchise guys.

And I'm DEFINITELY happy that the legendary PKMN this gen will be a small amount rather than 10+ *sides eyes to gen's 5 and 4 legendary PKMN*

Yes when you think about it, actually It's not that bad we have only 70.
    That way we can explore more favorites from the older Gens, as well not letting Gen VI mons take too much spotlight! {XD}

Thank you so much! You reminded me why Togekiss, Yanmega, Electivire and Magmortar became one of my favorites! :')

Years
  • I for one am very happy to see them introduce a contolled amount of Pokémon, introducing 100+ every generation makes some of the Kalos Pokémon forgettable. Since Kalos has introduced just 70 new mons' it's much easier to memorize and capture them all.

You know I think that's one of the benefits for just 70 new Pokemon. There won't be as much forgettable Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I for one am very happy to see them introduce a contolled amount of Pokémon, introducing 100+ every generation makes some of the Kalos Pokémon forgettable. Since Kalos has introduced just 70 new mons' it's much easier to memorize and capture them all.
    But introducing 100+ new Pokémon is the whole point of new gen games. What's the point of catching them all if they only introduced less than 100, making it less challenging to try collecting them all? Besides, you'll still find forgettable Pokémon even with 70 new mons.

Years
  • But introducing 100+ new Pokémon is the whole point of new gen games. What's the point of catching them all if they only introduced less than 100, making it less challenging to try collecting them all? Besides, you'll still find forgettable Pokémon even with 70 new mons.

Yeah, if you look at all the Kalos Pokemon, they don't have any relation to old Pokemon except for Sylveon. They were definitely pulling a Unova there, or close to it because almost all the new Kalos Pokemon don't have any evos/pre-evos of older Pokemon, sorta like what they did with all the Unova Pokemon. Interestingly enough, both Kalos and Unova aren't based on Japan.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    But introducing 100+ new Pokémon is the whole point of new gen games. What's the point of catching them all if they only introduced less than 100, making it less challenging to try collecting them all? Besides, you'll still find forgettable Pokémon even with 70 new mons.

I guess most of us are taking +100 for granted.
    Now's the Generation that we learn to appreciate both old and new Pokémon! ^^

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Yeah, and we never even expected these games to be on the 3DS either even when some say they wanted an actual 3D main Pokemon game, and turns out we got our wish for a main Pokemon game in full 3D. In fact, they didn't do very bad with the graphics at all here thanks to that nice amount of cel-shading they did.

Yeah I see what you mean, me and Makoto were talking about possible things we could see for the next generation, even what countries they might base the next region on. There's like a good variety of not just tough-looking Pokemon, but also the cute ones, and we have some that appeal more to the female audience, like most of the Fairy-types or some of the cute Pokemon.

I can see what you mean. If you want a place to make a gen out of is Dubai...I don't live there but i know people who do and it is a developed country who could easily be mistaken as western. Abu-Dabi is beautiful and it has the highest building in the world...I'm sure GF can pull something off. And, with all the introduction of a lot of Grass and Poison types, Ground, Dark, Steel and Rock can get some love too-the whole country is in a desert! I am 100% positive that if they do base a game off of Dubai, we will see the return of the underground, maybe explore some more caves and less routes. It could be a nice change. And the evil team could be a group of drifters, who travel in the desert and straling lost people's pokemon...they could be like team Sandstorm or something!

What do you think?

Years
  • But introducing 100+ new Pokémon is the whole point of new gen games. What's the point of catching them all if they only introduced less than 100, making it less challenging to try collecting them all? Besides, you'll still find forgettable Pokémon even with 70 new mons.

I think this generation was more focused on Mega Evolutions (being their secret) rather than new Pokémon. They still kept the point of the game by having a variety of new faces, enough to satisfy in my opinion, and there's still three regions of the Pokédex to fill. There's plenty of Pokémon to catch and challenge yourself even if they are from later generations. It's going to be a few months before we can transfer, so it wouldn't hurt and can still be enjoyable to take the time and have fun filling the dex again.

I'm still curious about Kalos' connection to Unova and the Hoenn reference.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    IMO it's good to have fewer pokemon - each generation added quality pokémon, but it also added typical clones.

Do we need another Geodude? No? No more Rock/Grounds - hurrah.

Do we need another Normal/Flying? No? We got something different for a change.

A legendary trio? Again, they were just there as filler legendaries with no real purpose. Random legendaries waiting in caves are also rubbish.

The fact that there is a choice of 450 Pokémon is fantastic and amazing, I really don't get why people are so hung up on this 'only' 70 thing.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Yeah, if you look at all the Kalos Pokemon, they don't have any relation to old Pokemon except for Sylveon. They were definitely pulling a Unova there, or close to it because almost all the new Kalos Pokemon don't have any evos/pre-evos of older Pokemon, sorta like what they did with all the Unova Pokemon. Interestingly enough, both Kalos and Unova aren't based on Japan.

Wouldn't the better example be Hoenn? Hoenn introduced Azurill but that was its only link to previous gens, like how Kalos introduced Sylveon.

Edit: And Wynaut too but that just makes 2.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I think this generation was more focused on Mega Evolutions (being their secret) rather than new Pokémon. They still kept the point of the game by having a variety of new faces, enough to satisfy in my opinion, and there's still three regions of the Pokédex to fill. There's plenty of Pokémon to catch and challenge yourself even if they are from later generations. It's going to be a few months before we can transfer, so it wouldn't hurt and can still be enjoyable to take the time and have fun filling the dex again.

I'm still curious about Kalos' connection to Unova and the Hoenn reference.
    But I still wanted GF to give us at least 100 new Pokémon to make me satisfied, because all this focus on the older Pokémon can be a bad thing, as it'll overshadow the new guys, who are suppose to be main focus. They did it right with Gen V by having no old Pokémon until post-game up until its sequel, thus giving us the same experience we had with the first games.

Years
  • Tbh I'm not massively bothered by the number of new pokemon this gen although I probably would have preferred a few more, this I because I never got to play gen v and I can catch such a variety in this game

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If Kalos is such a big Region that requires three split up areas each containing a specific handful of Pokémon, then I'd rather the abundance of that amount of Pokémon to contain older generational Pokémon rather than 150+ new Pokémon. Introducing 70 Pokémon is not too small but not too large, and in my opinion it's about time they toned down on the amount of Pokémon being introduced. We would've surpassed the 800 figure if they kept to the same trend they have set for every generation, 719 is a nice total amount of Pokémon.

It doesn't remove the focus from the new Pokémon if they have past regional Pokémon in the mix, if a player encounters an old Pokémon sure it's interesting but it's not what they're looking for, a new generation means new Pokémon and that is what players are solely looking for in these games regardless of how many there are.

Years
  • Okay I found this on Tumblr, someone there claims that Vivillon's wing color depends on version:

It is related to the version is played. Polar Pattern is the Y version and X is the disco-ball version. But, we haven't had any official leaks of Vivillion from an X version so, this can be unaccurate. Both male and females get a blue colour in Y version, unless it is related that they both evolved at night…

According to this statement, they said that the pink Vivillon (apparently called Disco-Ball Pattern, the one we first saw back in June) might be exclusive to X, while the blue one (known as the Polar Pattern) might be exclusive to Y. Although they think it could have depended on time of day as well. Do you think Vivillon's different colored wings may be version-exclusive or not?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • If Kalos is such a big Region that requires three split up areas each containing a specific handful of Pokémon, then I'd rather the abundance of that amount of Pokémon to contain older generational Pokémon rather than 150+ new Pokémon. Introducing 70 Pokémon is not too small but not too large, and in my opinion it's about time they toned down on the amount of Pokémon being introduced. We would've surpassed the 800 figure if they kept to the same trend they have set for every generation, 719 is a nice total amount of Pokémon.

It doesn't remove the focus from the new Pokémon if they have past regional Pokémon in the mix, if a player encounters an old Pokémon sure it's interesting but it's not what they're looking for, a new generation means new Pokémon and that is what players are solely looking for in these games regardless of how many there are.
    Except 719 really isn't, because it's an odd number. It's really uncomfortable for a total number to end at an odd number, unless it's a 5 digit number. The benefit of introducing 100+ new Pokémon is to diversify certain types that currently in the low numbers (there aren't that many Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Ice, and Rock types in the national dex, and there's too many Normal, Grass, and Water types), so that's why need more filler Pokémon such as those Geodude clones you've mentioned. All 18 types must be equally balanced in terms of numbers.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I hope not, I'd prefer being able to control it, or at least get either-or in whatever game I choose. Polar form is nicer.
    As I said in VM, there is nothing that says that it is actually the whole point of new gen games, beyond your personal opinion. Besides, you say that as if collection 700+ unique monsters is an easy thing to do in the first place. @_@ Another 70 is not making it significantly easier.

EDIT:
    Except 719 really isn't, because it's an odd number. It's really uncomfortable for a total number to end at an odd number, unless it's a 5 digit number.
    Uh...
    >151
    >251
    or even more recently
    >649

This was never an issue.
    All 18 types must be equally balanced in terms of numbers.
    This has also never been the case, and would especially not be the case when they've added a new type now too. Fairy was always going to get the majority of focus over other types.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If Kalos is such a big Region that requires three split up areas each containing a specific handful of Pokémon, then I'd rather the abundance of that amount of Pokémon to contain older generational Pokémon rather than 150+ new Pokémon. Introducing 70 Pokémon is not too small but not too large, and in my opinion it's about time they toned down on the amount of Pokémon being introduced. We would've surpassed the 800 figure if they kept to the same trend they have set for every generation, 719 is a nice total amount of Pokémon.

One can see this gimmick as re-introducing old Pokemon to new players,
    as well as introducing Gen III to V Pokemon for those who left the franchise after Gen II. {:3}

I once saw kids who thought old Pokemon like Dunsparce as "new Pokemon"?
    I was like "What? Are you kidding?" in my mind, isn't that sad when you think about it? -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back