• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] RPG Maker XP Problems

Years
  • I'm having a problem with my RPG Maker XP free trial. I go to start a new project, and it says "failed to create folder". When I go to run in compatibility mode, it apparently creates a folder, but then says "failed to copy folder". Essentially, I can open the program but cannot begin any projects. Should I delete and re-install? I need some help guys and gals! Also, I'm running through Google Chrome and on Windows 8.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey, Bret! I'm going to move this over to Game Development where it belongs. :) Maruno, if I messed up, you can come scold me later.

Also Mark, please do not mini-mod. Just report the thread and move on. The staff will handle it accordingly. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    I truly do not know. Try reinstalling it or running as administrator.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Failed to create folder?
    It sounds like a permission problem, check if where you're making the folder is read-only or not (you can check it from proprieties).

Back