• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ShaySkymin's Photoshop Pokemon

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
I made some Pokemon with Photoshop Elements 5.0 : )
Transparent bits between lineart & colouring couldn't be helped.
Warning, each pic is large. 1500x1500 for all.
Some size rule's probably been violated there. D:
Skim your browser size down (ctrl + scroll down/up) to 40% to see the whole pic without having to scroll around.
I'd make 'em smaller but..

Umbreon:
Spoiler:

Flareon:
Spoiler:

Espeon:
Spoiler:

Eevee:
Spoiler:

Leafeon:
Spoiler:

Vaporeon:
Spoiler:

Jolteon:
Spoiler:

That's all I have at the moment. More soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
The pieces you have up there are pretty good! However, there are a few things you could work on. Your anatomy is a little bit stiff, how about looking at a few tutorials? Since the Eeveeloutions closely follow cat/dog anatomy, looking up a 'how to draw cats/dogs' tutorial would benefit you a lot.

I see a lot of potential in your work, though, all it takes is practice! I hope this helped a little bit. ^^

~Starry

ShaySkymin

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
@xxkaylabby
Where are they sloppy? Anatomy? Background? What?

@StarryLatiasGirl
Ha yeah, you're right there. I need tutorials badly x_x Since I'm more used to my own chibi style, realistic & official styles weren't ever good to me.

RAGECANDYBAR

+20 HP
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
What I like most about these are the colours--they give each piece its own mood and definition.

I've never used Elements before, but does it have a Layers function? That would really help a lot with removing the transparency around the lineart along with making colouring easier.
I also find that starting small is a lot easier that drawing large pictures, so if you're practicing you might want to start with a smaller resolution like 500x500 or so.

And one last thing, do you use a mouse or a tablet?

pff sorry I'm not so good with advice, but I hope I've helped at least a bit.

ShaySkymin

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
They are very nice. I think you should make more pokemon sprite. Good luck

Oh thanks XD Well I'm writing up my sprite thread at the moments and it'll be up soon. art threadsprit will have a friend, sprite threadzelf. :3

What I like most about these are the colours--they give each piece its own mood and definition.

I've never used Elements before, but does it have a Layers function? That would really help a lot with removing the transparency around the lineart along with making colouring easier.
I also find that starting small is a lot easier that drawing large pictures, so if you're practicing you might want to start with a smaller resolution like 500x500 or so.

And one last thing, do you use a mouse or a tablet?

pff sorry I'm not so good with advice, but I hope I've helped at least a bit.

Oh why thank you good sir.

Yeah Elements has layers, but since I use a five-pixel brush with great outlining but terrible residue, there's nothing I know can do about the transparent bits.

Well see, I didn't realize these were 1500x1500 until I started the new pics. But I've done a lot of smaller art so I think it's fine.

I use a tablet. Yeahh. TerriblePhotoshopMouseUserAlertActivate

ShaySkymin

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
UPDATION.

Yeah sorry, its late, I got too stuck into SoulSilver. >_<
Well, here's Jolteon. Eeveelutions nearly done, then its time to start me some legendaries.

Spoiler:

ShaySkymin

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Ty you guys <3 <3
Also this might seem like a bump - - It's not. I'm just replying to old messages that I couldn't before as my Internet was down..
I swear, Glaceon will be done soon! (Gotta start >_<)

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
your current pieces are pretty good, but i think you should watch a line art tutorial with the pen tool and try using that instead of hand drawing the outlines. it would help with the proportions.

for coloring, you should do more stuff with blurring so there are more hues and shadows; stuff like that

and for the purpose of this thread, you might wanna shrink the pictures a little so they're easier to view.

Back