• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHat would have happened if Ash's Pikachu would have evolved?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I want To share and know your Opinon on what would have happened if Ash ketchum's most lovely friend Pikachu would have evolved into a Raichu? Because as pikachu is small so he sits on his shoulders! WHat if It would have evolved into Raichu? Would ash ketchum have started to put him inside his pokeball? or what? and whats your opinion on his evolution?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I use Raichu in the games, but if Ash's pikachu evolved, the series would not be the same. Pikachu is cuter and his personality could change. I don't think he would have stayed inside of a pokeball just becuse Raichu would be the new mascot. The series is better with Pikachu, and not Raichu.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Moving this to the Pokémon Anime section.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
He would still stay Satoshi's main partner but Satoshi would get Riolu for the shoulder travel and Raichu would stay in PokeBall.

Since we're going for impossible scenario why not make it a bit valid, right? =D

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I don't think Pikachu will ever evolve because of how symbolic he is. If he were to evolve, then I expect that the only differences would be his voice and his strength. Everyone is so used to Pikachu that seeing Raichu instead would be weird.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 17, 2015
I think it would remain largely the same, it's just that pikachu is so popular that fans would be upset. Personally I kind of like Raichu more then pikachu, but I can understand that Pikachu is too much of a fan favourite to replace.

Years
As others have stated, Pikachu is too iconic. Evolving him could see ratings plummet dramatically, which could eventually lead to the series getting cancelled. In fact, Pikachu even admitted he wanted to not evolve at all, plus in a Sinnoh episode Team Rocket eventually stole the Thunder Stone that Ash was holding onto since his Gym battle with Lt. Surge.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Yes , many times ash decides to evolve pikachu but then a twist comes and ash relises to cancel his evolution!

Guest123_x1

If Ash's Pikachu were ever to evolve, it would probably throw off many of the younger viewers and cause them to be disillusioned. Not to mention it would make it harder for the writers to 'reset' him and Ash come time for a new region.

I used to want Pikachu to evolve at some point, but considering that Ash has been 'reset' multiple times throughout the anime's run, I know it simply will never happen.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes , many times ash decides to evolve pikachu but then a twist comes and ash relises to cancel his evolution!
Evolution cancelling technique does not exist in anime as there's no B button. Only D button :/

Not to mention it would make it harder for the writers to 'reset' him and Ash come time for a new region.
Now that's something fans wouldn't mind xDD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
If Pikachu evolved, the world would explode.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit. I think that Pikachu would become even stronger and Ash would definitely have a real powerhouse. I mean, if Pikachu beat a legendary when he was a Pikachu, I can't even imagine what Raichu would do.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022

Evolution cancelling technique does not exist in anime as there's no B button. Only D button :/

I didn't mean button! I just meant that ash sometimes thinks if he should evolve pikachu and then changes his mind!

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
If it were to evolve, Raichu will be over powered. I mean in all the battles, Pikachu is the one that mostly defeats the pokemon..

If it were to evolve, then the Anime can end cause he can just walk straight up to elite four and own them all..

And who says Raichu can't be cute :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, for one, there'd be a lot less traveling via Ash's shoulder for Pikachu, lol. I definitely agree with the bit about ratings plummeting since Pikachu is loved by thousands (or millions?) or kids, and older fans would probably be upset too since it would ruin their nostalgia, maybe?? I probably wouldn't care too much, but Ash & Raichu definitely does not have as nice of a ring to it like Ash & Pikachu does.
Technically, Ash doesn't decide; he lets Pikachu do the deciding since he wants to respect his partners choice knowing that it's a permanent decision.

I'm actually wondering if they'll bring this back in the XY series, and if they do, maybe they'll make it more of a close call? Like, Pikachu nearly decides that he wants to evolve and is about to touch the stone, but then changes his mind at the last minute? I don't know, haha.

Back